Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

niallith wrote: »
    i see rage-quitters are back with avengance ha, have played 2 online games and 2 quitters

I haven't met a quitter yet... probably because I'm not good enough and they always feel they have a chance. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

here's a very good tutorial for anyone struggling with tactical defending in Fifa 12...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talBIzfcvIA

FYG wrote: »
    Away for the weekend so I can't check, but I'm assuming you can still play ranked head-to-head matches with friends?

Like are "game lobbies" still in the game?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Ive gone throught three online seasons and have not got a promotion. Im getting demolished but I really dont think I was ever this bad :( Infuriating !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

14murphy wrote: »
    Ive gone throught three online seasons and have not got a promotion. Im getting demolished but I really dont think I was ever this bad :( Infuriating !

There seems to be a big gulf in class of people playing. I have 5 wins, 2 losses. All my wins were by at least 3 goals (including 7-0) and my losses were 4-0 and 6-1. Close games seem very rare

• Advertisement

There seems to be a big gulf in class of people playing. I have 5 wins, 2 losses. All my wins were by at least 3 goals (including 7-0) and my losses were 4-0 and 6-1. Close games seem very rare

All my games have been close so far, but I guess that's just me being average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

FYG wrote: »
    Anyone?

Yeah there is match lobbies. I'm not on at the moment, but it's somewhere in the online game modes.

Finical wrote: »
    Yeah there is match lobbies. I'm not on at the moment, but it's somewhere in the online game modes.

Thank you. I just wanted to know if it was still possible to play ranked matches with friends, as I've had a tendency to cheat in the past. :o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

My bronze squad......and all my players within.....have disappeared. Very odd!

Never mind - squad had been renamed...not by myself though. Still strange.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm loving this:D

Head to head seasons are a brilliant addition. Started 1 with Sporting Gijon. So far, have 5 wins, 1 draw and a loss. 2 of those wins were via rage-quitters:mad: My favourite match so far is when I played some fella that was Eintracht Frankfurt. He was 1 of those players who over celebrates and always go through the 3 replays:mad: Anyway, he got a 2 goal lead but Barral stuck away a peno to keep me in it. He hit back and it was 3-1 at the break. I got my second early in the second half and he proceeded to play keep away at the back. I finally stole it from him in the around the 80th min and stuck it away, 3-3. Going into added time and Barral splits through the defence and scores. I thought he'd quit at this point but he played on. I got another peno in the dying moments so I let my keeper take it. He scored and I made him go through the 3 replays:)

Decide to give clubs a run then and it was 1 hell of a challenge. Clubs this year is gonna be a lot tougher than 11. The bots are definetly better this year so a lot of the club games I played were extremely close. Biggest win in the 5 games I played was 2-0.

Career mode is fantastic this year. Started 1 with Liverpool and had to bring the difficulty level down to professional after my disastrous pre-season. Playing the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City definetly has a different feel than playing QPR and Norwich. Some of the transfers are just head-scratching (Chicharito to Everton, Nani to Spurs are just 2 examples) but the deadline day feature is a great addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm loving this:D

Head to head seasons are a brilliant addition. Started 1 with Sporting Gijon. So far, have 5 wins, 1 draw and a loss. 2 of those wins were via rage-quitters:mad: My favourite match so far is when I played some fella that was Eintracht Frankfurt. He was 1 of those players who over celebrates and always go through the 3 replays:mad: Anyway, he got a 2 goal lead but Barral stuck away a peno to keep me in it. He hit back and it was 3-1 at the break. I got my second early in the second half and he proceeded to play keep away at the back. I finally stole it from him in the around the 80th min and stuck it away, 3-3. Going into added time and Barral splits through the defence and scores. I thought he'd quit at this point but he played on. I got another peno in the dying moments so I let my keeper take it. He scored and I made him go through the 3 replays:)

Decide to give clubs a run then and it was 1 hell of a challenge. Clubs this year is gonna be a lot tougher than 11. The bots are definetly better this year so a lot of the club games I played were extremely close. Biggest win in the 5 games I played was 2-0.

Career mode is fantastic this year. Started 1 with Liverpool and had to bring the difficulty level down to professional after my disastrous pre-season. Playing the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City definetly has a different feel than playing QPR and Norwich. Some of the transfers are just head-scratching (Chicharito to Everton, Nani to Spurs are just 2 examples) but the deadline day feature is a great addition.
    Agree with everything you've pretty much said. Spot on!

Clubs is annoying enough this year as a lot of clubs don't pick an any so therefore the CPU is there any and they are default World Class whereas on FIFA 11 they were way worse and clubs usually picked an any. I'm not sure what difficulty they were on FIFA 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    My bronze squad......and all my players within.....have disappeared. Very odd!

Never mind - squad had been renamed...not by myself though. Still strange.

A few people have had that issue, EA say there working to fix the main bugs

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1009732.page#9400392

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

In relation to the head to head seasons is it possible to save a squad set up or has it to be setup before each bloody game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    In relation to the head to head seasons is it possible to save a squad set up or has it to be setup before each bloody game?

Doesn't look like it. I could set up me team blind-folded at this stage. W-23, D-8 and L-12. I'm in Division 6 and played as Leeds for everyone of em. Getting harder now though, less and less using around 3- star teams and I'm beat for pace every time.

Playin on the PC, currently ranked in the top 600. Gettin in the top 10 actually looks realistic compared to Fifa 10/11 on ps3. Would have liked to see rank by country as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

LoL, It seems like every Man city fan in the world is on FIFA 12 online now :rolleyes:

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    LoL, It seems like every Man city fan in the world is on FIFA 12 online now :rolleyes:

Haven't come across anyone using them myself, surprisingly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I am liking the game. 2 things that are really annoying, and have been really annoying with FIFA for a while:

1) The lack of an pre set up international tournament. Creating a tourno in the vein of the world cup and picking all 32 teams is a pain in the arse.

2) No "quick substitution" option. I know they have this in PES, its another pain in the arse to make a sub, going into the pause menu and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Was Leeds online..picked the away kit by chance....lo and behold I got drawn against..Leeds, thankfully in their home kit!...it was a strange game.

:( hard to play against your beloved team!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the more i play it the more i realize how bad the actual game is, it has to be without a doubt the worst fifa in years.

its not because of the defending even though i think they got that wrong too, its just a money gimmick at this stage when you turn it on its like walking into a shop with all the adverts to buy.

just played a head to head match where i was put against a fella with the exact same color kit as me the game was needless to say impossible to play, little things like that are a joke and so lazy by EA do allow this to happen are they actually thick or just couldn't be bothered doing it?

the game in general is not fun to play at all and im having no problems with the new system, i just think they have manged to make it worse... even the biggest fifa fanboy has got to imithe its pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anybody playing career mode? I started randomly as QPR.

Taarabt has just said his time at the club has come to an end (2 games into the season) and I can't offer him a new contract. In time, could he change his mind or does it mean he is pretty much gone? I wouldn't want to lose him for free, when I can get about 18 million for him.

He's one of the main reasons I decided to start with QPR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Was Leeds online..picked the away kit by chance....lo and behold I got drawn against..Leeds, thankfully in their home kit!...it was a strange game.

:( hard to play against your beloved team!

Did ya get beat 2-1 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Rooney - sometimes, the day comes when they have to retire and you have to let go :) Really unfortunate timing though! There may be a way to plead with them to stay but I haven't played enough to know.

Personally, I am loving FIFA 12 - seems responsive and players often do what I want them to do. Giving me control over speculative diving headers and bicycle kicks - brilliant! Have seen and scored some beauties. There seems to be more variation in the types of goals that can be scored. Loving the new tackling - changes the game completely.

The jerseys thing is unfortunate - should give you a chance to change after seeing selected teams. Haven't played much online so hasn't happened to me...but that is a worry. Close kits (i.e. both stripes) cause me enough trouble without it being same color!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Rooney - sometimes, the day comes when they have to retire and you have to let go :) Really unfortunate timing though! There may be a way to plead with them to stay but I haven't played enough to know.

Never! Actually, I got disconnected from Xbox Live while playing the career, went to reconnect and it signed me out completely and chucked me back at the title screen. Gonna offer the lil bastard a new contract now before he becomes unhappy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Have to say it's the best football game in quite a while now...just even the fact that you can line up a proper shot from distance and not have someone run at you at 100 mph...and the collision system is such a massive step in the right direction.

Like as a sport, football videogames don't really play like the real thing but this brings it a lot closer. Bear in mind though I never play against AI just online so I don't see any of the AI gripes people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

This is what happens when you tackle a player in FIFA 12!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee5jVBvaoL8

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Yeh I think your right. In Head-to-Head they musnt be ranked at all just randoms. Finding it easier to win with bohs as I can actually play and score compared to a stronger team where they can constantly doddle into the box or flick it around me. Still not convinced on the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I was skeptical about the tactical defending but once you get the hang of it, way better and more realistic than the previous defending set up. Still making a few mistakes but getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I am loving it this year, one thing I still would love though is to steal the feature from PES to auto select your best players based on form or ability. It is a little annoying sometimes checking everybody in the team management screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some strange transfers have occurred on transfer deadline day.

Rooney to Real Madrid for £45m
    Hernandez to Everton for £20m :eek:
    Ozil to Man United for £30m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Some strange transfers have occurred on transfer deadline day.

Rooney to Real Madrid for £45m
    Hernandez to Everton for £20m :eek:
    Ozil to Man United for £30m

Ozil's market value is higher than that, pretty sure Rooney's is too. Hernandez is valued at £17m but where did Everton pull £20m from! :eek:

Haven't got as far as a transfer deadline yet. First purchase was Eriksen from Ajax, £32m. Quality player. 5 star weak foot, 2 goals and an assist from CM on his debut!

Advertisement