Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Sick of Ronaldo & Messi so far, twist/turn/run/twist/turn/run/twist/turn/run/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well so far of my limited time playing it Im really liking it. Only played 12 games I think it is. Only lost once and in nearly every other game im scoring between 4-7 goals a game. Usually conceding 1 or 2 a game.

Im sure il find it much more frustrating once I start loosing.

As a Liverpool fan they are the team im picking most and Suarez is class in the game :D

Think im one game away from my third promotion. Heard it gets tougher once you get into division 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

joe123 wrote: »
    Think im one game away from my third promotion. Heard it gets tougher once you get into division 6.

Exactly what I said in my previous post :D
    jamescd wrote: »
    But divisions 7 and 6 were frustating as hell. So many times I'd go 2 up, only to finish the game 2 - 2 or even lose 3 -2 frown.gif It's getting seriously harder but I enjoy the challenge tongue.gif

Managed to somehow get promoted to Division 4 only a little while ago. Had to win 3 out of my last 4 games because I had too many draws in previous games.

Haven't played a game in Division 4 yet. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time dreading it. My defense is absolutely getting torn to pieces at this stage :eek: Only suffered 5 defeats so far, but the draws are piling up because I can't defend a lead most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

PROBLEM FIXED: Just went to Reset Squads and it worked.

Ok so got this game today, been playing around a bit. Servers a bit on and off. Was playing a match in Ultimate Team and got cut off half way thru the second half as the Servers went down.

Then i was going to start a Career Mode, when i noticed that all the players names in the game have been changed to really weird names. Every one is in the correct positions, but the names have completly changed (Rooney is now V. Rodriguez Venta, Chicarito is now Hendry, Torres is F. Lacen, etc). WTF is this all about :mad: ??

I've turned off the console (PS3) and started again but it hasnr fixed it.

I remember something similar happening with Fifa 11 after a few months of playing it, but now its happening after like 2 hours!! has this happened to any1 else and if so how to fix it??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've decided to go a championship team and get them promoted and into champions league :-P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Then i was going to start a Career Mode, when i noticed that all the players names in the game have been changed to really weird names. Every one is in the correct positions, but the names have completly changed (Rooney is now V. Rodriguez Venta, Chicarito is now Hendry, Torres is F. Lacen, etc). WTF is this all about :mad: ??
    Wha?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

How do I save my squad preferences for the online season? I'm having to change it before every match.

Also whenever there is a goal replay the whole pitch is blank and not showing any replays, anyone having this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

colly_06 wrote: »
    How do I save my squad preferences for the online season? I'm having to change it before every match.
    I too would like to know if this is possible this year. Its very annoying having to do the same squad changes before EVERY GODDAMN MATCH!

xbox live down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

thought it was only me, jaysus :D

can't even sign in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Oiseau

Quick question... in fifa 11 you could use 2 controllers to control 2 players only and cpu controlling the other 9. cant figure out how to do this in 12 - is it possible? thanks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Think I'm sorted now. Figured out tactics that suit me down to the ground. Unbeaten and dominating every game with them since I implemented them.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Was playing Tottenham with Arsenal and RVP got a serious injury. Tottenham had the ball and the ref stopped the game. After I made my sub, the ref dropped the ball and I had to give possession back to Spurs.

Nice touch! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Up to Division seven now. 17-4-1. Seriously tougher games now but I'm pretty sure a lot of my opponents are pressing select and letting the World Class CPU do the defending for them which is quite infuriating...

You can force the keepers to handle the ball outside the box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

raheny red wrote: »
    You can force the keepers to handle the ball outside the box :D

How you do that? Possible online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Bloody love this game. Definitely a step from last year. And suits my online play too, unbeaten in 4 (3 wins and a draw) and yet to concede:pac: Seems to be a good few more manual players on it too which is great. The EA team yoke is a nice feature too.

Finical wrote: »
    How you do that? Possible online?

Tried to block a keeper's throwout and he jumped over the striker and outside the box, the ref gave the free. It was online 2 v 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Is it true if you press back (xbox) or select (Ps3) you control the keeper and the defence does itself ? Heard this a couple of times but havent used it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

14murphy wrote: »
    Is it true if you press back (xbox) or select (Ps3) you control the keeper and the defence does itself ? Heard this a couple of times but havent used it ?

Yea that's right. It's really odd.

• Advertisement

Your ****ting me ?

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/96299866

Zinedine Zidane eat your heart out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

14murphy wrote: »
    Your ****ting me ?

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just tried it there.Thats bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The A.I is ridiculously good compared to other years. I had to knock it back to World Class, and even then I'm struggling with QPR in career mode.

Had a really bizarre game online, I had 8 one on ones with the keeper in the first half, ended up 2-0 down.... he only had two attacks. Managed to drag it back to 3-3 and win a penalty in the last second when he took me out of it, then he quit before it was even taken.

At least now when you are playing online, you have very little interaction with others (which is good given the amount of absolute w*ankers who play FIFA). No team select so they can't back out straight away, no guy hammering the "Ready!" thing if you try to make some changes before the game.

Plus the seasons thing is a very good idea, I don't really give a sh*t about my record providing I get promoted, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Online set-up is definetly way better this year, have played my games as Villa and have only met similar teams, no super 5 star teams plus no quitters yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone have any bother with their online pass being corrupt? I logged on my 360 yesterday evening and was greeted with a message telling me my pass was corrupt and to try downloading again. I did so and it still said it was corrupt. Maybe XBOX Live was having bother....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

statto25 wrote: »
    Anyone have any bother with their online pass being corrupt? I logged on my 360 yesterday evening and was greeted with a message telling me my pass was corrupt and to try downloading again. I did so and it still said it was corrupt. Maybe XBOX Live was having bother....

There was an Xbox Live service alert yesterday. It was sorted by about 19.30 though.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not.

Does this work online or is it only against the AI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Rooney10 wrote: »
    There was an Xbox Live service alert yesterday. It was sorted by about 19.30 though.

I went on about that time...Ill try again this evening. I was just curious to see if anyone else had an issue

Advertisement