Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The thing where you press select and control the golakeeper is brilliant, was using it last night playing my mate, Barca vs Real Madrid, every time the ball comes near the box or theres a break on, swap to the golakeeper, run out and dive at his feet, excellent. He was going mental, didn't tell him that you could control the keeper :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Online set-up is definetly way better this year, have played my games as Villa and have only met similar teams, no super 5 star teams plus no quitters yet either

Assuming the team Ive used, Napoli, are 4 stars but Ive been paired up with Barca and Milan in the four games Ive played online. Its probably due to the less amount of manual players but its not a faultless pairing system..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Napoli are 4.5 stars I thought? You can probably get matched within a half star either way, or more if there's less manual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

14murphy wrote: »
    Does this work online or is it only against the AI.

Mate was playing UT in my house last night and he was able to do it online. Not sure about head to head seasons etc but I'd guess you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Thats kinda stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

14murphy wrote: »
    Thats kinda stupid.

Yeah I'm up to division 6 now and most of the players are using the CPU when I'm attacking. I wouldn't mind if the CPU were crap, but they're World Class. I heard something about a patch for it though...hopefully.

Finical wrote: »
    Yeah I'm up to division 6 now and most of the players are using the CPU when I'm attacking. I wouldn't mind if the CPU were crap, but they're World Class. I heard something about a patch for it though...hopefully.

So basically what's happening is that they're selecting the goalie and the CPU are PROPERLY defending?... i.e advanced past ''pressuring'' as they don't tackle when you call that.

Cause I flew up to D6 and I can't get out of it, my W/L ratio went to the gutter and I was defending myself, some of the ways I was losing the ball made me think something wasn't right :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

So basically what's happening is that they're selecting the goalie and the CPU are PROPERLY defending?... i.e advanced past ''pressuring'' as they don't tackle when you call that.

Cause I flew up to D6 and I can't get out of it, my W/L ratio went to the gutter and I was defending myself, some of the ways I was losing the ball made me think something wasn't right :mad:

Yep that's exactly what they are doing and when the CPU wins the ball they deselect the keeper and attack themselves. Now I've only lost one game yet but I've a lot of draws and I don't know is there anyway to know for sure if they are doing that, but it seems likely a lot of people are doing it because my skill moves seem to be always predicted by the CPU. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Whenever I use Hamburg online I find myself being matched up with Anzhi a lot. Fupping annoying trying to stop Eto with my slow defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anytime I turn off the system then turn the game on, my controller settings set back to default, even though I have saved them:confused: Anyone have a similar problem or know whats wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Cant seem to play Ultimate team any longer, every time I go to setup the game the game freezes in the practice arena. Was working grand at the start and also works grand for the other game modes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Finical wrote: »
    Yep that's exactly what they are doing and when the CPU wins the ball they deselect the keeper and attack themselves. Now I've only lost one game yet but I've a lot of draws and I don't know is there anyway to know for sure if they are doing that, but it seems likely a lot of people are doing it because my skill moves seem to be always predicted by the CPU. :mad:

Yeh it's becoming far more common now as more and more people are hearing about it. You can be pretty much guaranteed the leaderboards and rankings will be reset because of this shortly or whenever a patch is released!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

How do I see the leaderboards for the clubs with the most xp?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Christ what sad f*cks they are to do that keeper exploit! More people are hearing about it, and its getting ridiculous online. Its near impossible to get through the defence if its a 5 star team! Why has this not been patched yet?!

Watch the player bars, and see if the keepers name is on. If it is, then hes controlling just the keeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just noticed this thread on a fifa forum... this is infuriating that it has been put in the game....

but anyway the thread title was "how to exploit the keeper-only controls to get easy wins on UT and H2H!!!!"

Put 6 people in your defence, a couple of CDM's and some strikers, set the team tactic to high pressure, have v.fast strikers up front in your team, let the AI defence totally destroy anyone who tries to get a shot off, since its almost impossible with that many defensive players controlled by an AI that never makes mistakes, and even if they manage to get a shot off, you just flick your stick and the ball is saved 99% of the time. EASY!!!

when you get the ball, play it forwards to your super fast strikers so your 3 on 2/3, then do a 1-2, lob ball over for 1 on 1 with keeper and score..... SUCCESS :D:D

Just.... wow. WHAT THE FÚCK!! Anyone who does should be ashamed. Its probably the worst exploit ive ever seen in fifa. Even worse than the turn and shoot for instant goal from 08 or 09 or the chips from 2010! Online play is getting ruined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Yeah I saw another one... here is what he said:
    How to win online

Step 1: Use this formation

ST
    ST

CAM

LWB--CDM--CDM----RWB
    CB--CB--CB

put all players mentalitly to Attack 'low' Defense 'High'

Step 2: Use this custom tactic

100 speed build up
    100 passing

Defence = Deep, Narrow, 0 Pressure.

Step 3: Chose a team with a speedy strike force and when the game starts set the team mentality to 'all out defence'

Step 4: Press select for PS3/chose keeper

Step 5: When AI win's ball quick switch to your team and counter and score.

My record so far Wins 110 Draws 20 Losses 2
    What a cúnt.

Its mind boggling how this is the final game.

Tinie wrote: »
    Christ what sad f*cks they are to do that keeper exploit! More people are hearing about it, and its getting ridiculous online. Its near impossible to get through the defence if its a 5 star team! Why has this not been patched yet?!

Watch the player bars, and see if the keepers name is on. If it is, then hes controlling just the keeper.

Havent noticed it yet but im sure to come across it sooner or later:rolleyes: Seriously do they think they're gonna laid by Jessica Alba if they cheat there way to top of leaderboards! Surely EA will patch it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Havent noticed it yet but im sure to come across it sooner or later:rolleyes: Seriously do they think they're gonna laid by Jessica Alba if they cheat there way to top of leaderboards! Surely EA will patch it up.
    Im not sure mate. Going by the official forums, EA wont give an answer about it, and people have known about this for 3 weeks already! Its ruined online. I cant get passed division 7 since everyone I play is using the exploit now.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Im not sure mate. Going by the official forums, EA wont give an answer about it, and people have known about this for 3 weeks already! Its ruined online. I cant get passed division 7 since everyone I play is using the exploit now.

I suppose playing offline will have its advantages this year then:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Is there any way to call press conferences or anything in career mode? Saw some fella on here said he said something that made dalglish angry, all I can see is messages from players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fowler87 wrote: »

Never understood it myself.

It's as if a win online earns them money or something. Some people, and from my experience mostly 13-17 year olds from the UK, are absolutely obsessed with winning online at FIFA and are willing to sacrifice all enjoyment of the game to do so.

Proper losers imo. lol irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Online is totally broken. I went from a winning streak of 27 to all of a sudden EVERYONE doing that keeper and ai defence thing.

I swear to god it's impossible score past a human keeper in this. And the ai defence is ****n ridiculous.

I'm in division 3 and it's nothing but 7 in defence 3 strikers and human keeper ****. It's ****ing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Samich wrote: »
    Is there any way to call press conferences or anything in career mode? Saw some fella on here said he said something that made dalglish angry, all I can see is messages from players?

Only copped this myself earlier - when you click "Advance", watch the calender on top of the screen. 2 or 3 of the following days will be marked Red to show Press conference of something. When you're on the day, press SQUARE or X(360 controller), and it brings you into the Press Conference screen. Here you get a list of like 5 topics to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Guys - what camera setup you using? I've messed around with a few different ones but they all look a bit off :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to hold off playing online for a little while. Not liking the sound of some of these glitches and exploits. People also quitting UT late apparently and the win not being awarded (or put down as loss). Nervous times!

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Tinie wrote: »

Heh. Noticed that earlier on but didn't take any notice of it until I read the past few pages (lost the game btw), whatta joke and pretty ****ty of Fifa to leave in such an abusive + beneficial flaw.

Don't really fancy playing online anymore against randomers, not sacrificing my rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Some load of balls the people using that exploit. Maybe thankfully, I haven't had much time this week so I've only played a handful of online games and haven't encountered it. Hopefully EA sort it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm not playing online untill they fix that GK exploit. They have to address it.

If I wanted to play the AI, I would stick with career mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a joke. Yesterday I was 2-2-2, and that was fine with me, since I'm not very good at FIFA. FIFA 11 infuriated me with the pinball defence splitting nonsense. I lost 7 games in a row today. If they don't fix that hole I'm trading it back. I'm not sure what sort of person gets any sense of accomplishment by flogging an exploit to gain cheap, meaningless victories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I'm one of these 'freaks' that uses my own Custom config since FIFA 07, and just realised I now 'have' to change to New alternative.

Basically after 5years of using my own config I'm having to just go and use the standard 'New Alternative' config as it best suits my play. I'm finding this an absolute disaster as if I've never played the game before. Everything comes naturally to me when playing my own setup, curved shot/power shot/chip shot, 2nd player pressure is a BIG piece of my defending, I used 'X' for that. So im getting used to the new system and the new button config at the same time and I'm using the wrong buttons all the time, the wrong shot types and 1-2 passing, its jsut struggling to get a new natural instinct to the button presses.

My own custom controls are a twist to the New Alternative controls.. I use X - Shoot and B - Lob.
    I switch RT to sprint and LT to change player. opopsed to LB to swtich player and finese touch.
    I use X as my '2nd player pressure' however now with that switched to RB, I've tried to switch it back around in custom settings but when I play a match it doesnt actually register that I've changed them, it sesms they new changes are locked to the buttons in 'Tacitcal Defending' no matter what you change in custom settings. The new 'Tactical defending' is dependent on using the (XBOX controls) RB as '2nd player pressure' and the LB to Jockey. (LB is also switch player as standard)

I don't want to use 'Legacy Defending' so I've decided to take the big step and use a default config. For me now, its like trying to write with my left hand; I know how to spell and what to do, but its just a messy mess!

Anyone else finding all the extra buttons a mess or chaing their button config to accomdate the game?

Advertisement