Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm one of these 'freaks' that uses my own Custom config since FIFA 07, and just realised I now 'have' to change to New alternative.

Basically after 5years of using my own config I'm having to just go and use the standard 'New Alternative' config as it best suits my play. I'm finding this an absolute disaster as if I've never played the game before. Everything comes naturally to me when playing my own setup, curved shot/power shot/chip shot, 2nd player pressure is a BIG piece of my defending, I used 'X' for that. So im getting used to the new system and the new button config at the same time and I'm using the wrong buttons all the time, the wrong shot types and 1-2 passing, its jsut struggling to get a new natural instinct to the button presses.

My own custom controls are a twist to the New Alternative controls.. I use X - Shoot and B - Lob.
    I switch RT to sprint and LT to change player. opopsed to LB to swtich player and finese touch.
    I use X as my '2nd player pressure' however now with that switched to RB, I've tried to switch it back around in custom settings but when I play a match it doesnt actually register that I've changed them, it sesms they new changes are locked to the buttons in 'Tacitcal Defending' no matter what you change in custom settings. The new 'Tactical defending' is dependent on using the (XBOX controls) RB as '2nd player pressure' and the LB to Jockey. (LB is also switch player as standard)

I don't want to use 'Legacy Defending' so I've decided to take the big step and use a default config. For me now, its like trying to write with my left hand; I know how to spell and what to do, but its just a messy mess!

Anyone else finding all the extra buttons a mess or chaing their button config to accomdate the game?

There is the option to set up custom controls though. Just don't use the contain command (A). I haven't touched A but use jockey and manual positioning to get in the way. I am developing crab claws though when sprint-jockeying, calling a 2nd player and trying to stick in a foot at the right time.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Samich wrote: »
    Is there any way to call press conferences or anything in career mode? Saw some fella on here said he said something that made dalglish angry, all I can see is messages from players?

Only copped this myself earlier - when you click "Advance", watch the calender on top of the screen. 2 or 3 of the following days will be marked Red to show Press conference of something. When you're on the day, press SQUARE or X(360 controller), and it brings you into the Press Conference screen. Here you get a list of like 5 topics to talk about it.

Yep spot on. Think it's only 4 days in the lead up to the match that you can do it and the calendar won't auto stop so you need to be watching it. Be prepared for the commentators to go on and on about whatever you say though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    There is the option to set up custom controls though. Just don't use the contain command (A). I haven't touched A but use jockey and manual positioning to get in the way. I am developing crab claws though when sprint-jockeying, calling a 2nd player and trying to stick in a foot at the right time.

But it doesn't actually 'stick' when you save the changes! I.e I changed 2nd player pressure from RB to X and saved it, when back to the match, lost the ball so pressed x for 2nd player while I manually ran to him with my player but the 2nd player never came up, I just tried RB and then he came running up. Paused it wen back to the config and it still showed I changed it. Annoying.

Crab claw haha, I can imagine at any one time you coudl be using, Left analog, Right analog, Sprint button, 2nd player pressure button, jockey and then tapping tackle. Thats 6!!!

Oh...That's really weird! Hopefully one of those issues that they are looking at. That list is growing by the day!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The FIFA community is full of absolute w*nkers. Why would you get the A.I to play half your game?

Any wins like that are completely & utterly worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Does anyone know is their any advantage to talking to the press in career mode?For example if you choose to "unnerve" a player, lets say van persie before a big game against arsenal does it actually make any difference?Does his moral drop, is he more likely to miss chances etc? Also is there an advantage to criticising managers, or does this make the team more determined to win, or does it make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just assure the press that he didn't do it.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is their any advantage to talking to the press in career mode?For example if you choose to "unnerve" a player, lets say van persie before a big game against arsenal does it actually make any difference?Does his moral drop, is he more likely to miss chances etc? Also is there an advantage to criticising managers, or does this make the team more determined to win, or does it make any difference?

It'd say it can probably go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Feck sake, am I the only one who just plays the game without tinkering with setups? Didn't think it would make that much of a difference. No wonder I keep losing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Rooney10 wrote: »
    The FIFA community is full of absolute w*nkers. Why would you get the A.I to play half your game?

Any wins like that are completely & utterly worthless.

100% agree, at least with the dream team glitch etc.. they were cheating by actually playing the game. This goalkeeper control yoke is pointless unless maybe it was used in a 1v1 situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Fowler87 wrote: »
    This goalkeeper control yoke is pointless unless maybe it was used in a 1v1 situation

I would imagine that is why EA put it in the game originally, as it is fairly easy to score 1v1s on the AI 'keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FYG wrote: »
    I would imagine that is why EA put it in the game originally, as it is fairly easy to score 1v1s on the AI 'keepers.

Wonder could they patch it up to detect situations like that?? Cos I dont think they could get rid of it altogether unless they disable select, which had no other purpose anyhow..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

FYG wrote: »

It's overpowered even for 1v1 situations. There was one game where I had a few 1v1s with drogba against Joe hart. Three times I was no more than 6 yards out and went to smash the ball and each time it was a miraculous save, like ridiculous with the speed reactions and I was left thinking holy god but then I realised for all the resulting corners his keeper was moving around before I even took the corner which led me to look up what was going on.

It's clear now it's a major problem. In ranked games this feature shouldn't be there. Simple as that. I play ranked matches to play against other human players.

If you want to play against ai there's single player.

Hope they remove this as playing against the ai is torture.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1034206.page

Hope they listen all the feedback.

Knowing them, they'll make an absolutely balls of it as usual.

Something like, having no movement on it for another month or so, and even then rather than taking it out for every mode, they'll leave it in for some.

It has to go for everything, ranked, unranked, FUT, clubs, online friendlies, the works. How they ever thought this was a good idea I'll never know.

It's starting to ruin what is the best FIFA iteration since 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

To me there is a pretty obvious solution to the 'switching to goalkeeper' issue.

Simply set the AI level to amateur or semi-pro as the majority of people can spank semi-pro AI so this would discourage the switching as you would be carved open by your opponent. Then people would only switch to goalkeeper for 1-on-1's which is its purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

TheTownie wrote: »
    To me there is a pretty obvious solution to the 'switching to goalkeeper' issue.

Simply set the AI level to amateur or semi-pro as the majority of people can spank semi-pro AI so this would discourage the switching as you would be carved open by your opponent. Then people would only switch to goalkeeper for 1-on-1's which is its purpose.

Yea that would work perfectly imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Its scary how tight lipped EA are being about this exploit. They are pretty much ignoring it. I have a bad gut feeling that they might not even remove it, or if they do, it might not be for weeks! Its completely ruined online play as more and more are doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads is there a way to move your friend is now online popup on xbox so that it doesnt cover the mini map? I've seen it appear in the top right before somewhere. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

while we are on the subject of goalkeeper glitch check out this video

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ZLaTeHdd_oQ

it had me in stiches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Manager mode is kinda annoying. I remember manager mode were you could make changes to your team. Really annoying when you need a goal and the manager still plays 1 upfront, and for Manutd has Rooney wide left, with Nani in centre Mid and ashley young upfront on his own....

I don't usually give out about online glitches etc. I usually just get on with it but this switch to the goalkeeper glitch is the biggest pile of **** Ive ever seen in this game.

Every match I play now (on ultimate team) consists of getting tackled by the AI controlled defense and then the ball is just knocked up to a forward player usually players with unbelievable pace like Defoe or Walcott.

For the record I hate playing against the computer in any fifa so online is a nice change but now i'm just playing the computer online. Every clearance seems to magically go to the foot of the striker.

I cant believe that EA would think its a good idea.

I was enjoying getting used to new defending system but whats the point when people online don't even have to do any defending?

The game is ruined online imo unless a patch is released but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I'm really enjoying the head to head season i'm in my 4th season atm. Does the head to head season finish at season 30 or does it go on? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Stupid switching to keeper Is ruining this game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Robbie Keane won't play because it's too cold......He's from Ireland for **** sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

DarkJager wrote: »
    Robbie Keane won't play because it's too cold......He's from Ireland for **** sake!!

Did you really get an email saying that. lol

DarkJager wrote: »

Maybe he's acclimatised to L.A :pac:

Patch due in 2-3 weeks. Apparently EA are going to be doing updates for FIFA 12 too...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-06-fifa-12-console-patch-in-2-3-weeks

🤪

"People who are very good at the game won't have a problem. They'll just be able to pass it around your defenders and you'll find yourself one-on-one with their top strikers every time"

Massive load of sh*t. How do you pass it around the robotic 8 man defense A.I that predicts everything, including skill moves.

• Advertisement

Apart from controlling the GK whats other problems people on here would like to be fixed with the patch?

Advertisement