Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

Rooney10 wrote: »
    "People who are very good at the game won't have a problem. They'll just be able to pass it around your defenders and you'll find yourself one-on-one with their top strikers every time"

Massive load of sh*t. How do you pass it around the robotic 8 man defense A.I that predicts everything, including skill moves.

I don't think Ive scored a through ball goal against the A.I. They just track every player so closely its very hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

What is the story with quitters online? Esp. in ultimate team?? Eh Oatesy :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Apart from controlling the GK whats other problems people on here would like to be fixed with the patch?

To be honest I haven't found too much wrong. I still experience a weird momentum shift in games. Some games every shot and pass I make will be inch perfect and and then you have games where the simplest of 5 yard passes go astray. Not really a patch able thing to be honest.

Just the GK/AI defense issue for me so far. Its ridiculously hard playing against an AI defense and a human controlled keeper.

Ashley Cole is sometimes referred to as Joe Cole by Martin Tyler.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

donmeister wrote: »
    What is the story with quitters online? Esp. in ultimate team?? Eh Oatesy :D:p

What did I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Haven't got around to buying FIFA 12 yet but I'm enjoying FIFA 11 a lot more now as all the players who pick, Chelsea , real madrid , Barcelona seem to have disappeared as have the quitters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Strangely enough, I haven't come across one person online who has used the goalkeeping exploit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What did I do?

7-1 in UT earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

donmeister wrote: »
    7-1 in UT earlier :D

What? I have no idea who you are mate. Are you on my friends list or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

In the online H2H seasons how many 5 star teams are there? I seem to be playing Real Madrid every second match.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

colly_06 wrote: »
    In the online H2H seasons how many 5 star teams are there? I seem to be playing Real Madrid every second match.

Since I've got to Division 8, I've played them in every match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

colly_06 wrote: »

Haven't played any yet i don't think, but i've played less than 20 games online, mostly against Schalke, Everton, Stoke, Bremen and that Russian side that Eto'o plays for

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Guys, how the fudge do you take a penalty in this game and make a save?!!

Had the whackiest penalty shoot out last night against some dude online.
    Due to lag every bloody second from both of us we couldn't get the shot off in the green and add the lack of knowledge to take them, we ended up missing 22 spot kicks each until I somehow got it on target!
    We were just ****ing glad it was over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Yakult wrote: »
    Guys, how the fudge do you take a penalty in this game and make a save?!!

Had the whackiest penalty shoot out last night against some dude online.
    Due to lag every bloody second from both of us we couldn't get the shot off in the green and add the lack of knowledge to take them, we ended up missing 22 spot kicks each until I somehow got it on target!
    We were just ****ing glad it was over!!!

Haha tis hard enough taking pens online. Have to press the shoot button a good bit before it actually goes in the green spot. To save pens, right analog and direction to dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

FYG wrote: »
    Strangely enough, I haven't come across one person online who has used the goalkeeping exploit.

Lucky for you, but you will. I am just after playing about a dozen games in h2h and UT and only 2 players defended themselves. Anyone who can't use the new tactical defending just lets the AI do it for them.

When the AI has control of a defense the players become faster. By that i mean Carragher and Dawson can catch Remy who has 92 pace and had 4-5 yards on them ffs!

Frankly i haven't bothered with single player in years because playing the AI is crap. This is EA's biggest screw up for a long time because it ruins h2h, UT and even clubs.

Anyone tried to play 2 man clubs now? Nobody uses an "Any", so its the exact same as playing be a pro single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

just got the game today found the defending annoying to begin with my first match online i was utd an he was barca. i was 3 nil up by half time and was feeling happy next thing out of nowhere i couldn't get near his goal and my defense was cut to shreads everything he got ball off me ended up losing 4-3 was sickend then the next 3 games the same thing happend no matter what team i used i couldn't get past the keeper and they would rip me too shreads on their attack now i know its this keeper expoilt i'm raging. well tomorrow il shall continue the way i play and if i see them using the keeper exploit i'll do it back now i know what to look for. :) overall the game is good gonna give the ulitmate team thing ago this year. any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

just got the game today found the defending annoying to begin with my first match online i was utd an he was barca. i was 3 nil up by half time and was feeling happy next thing out of nowhere i couldn't get near his goal and my defense was cut to shreads everything he got ball off me ended up losing 4-3 was sickend then the next 3 games the same thing happend no matter what team i used i couldn't get past the keeper and they would rip me too shreads on their attack now i know its this keeper expoilt i'm raging. well tomorrow il shall continue the way i play and if i see them using the keeper exploit i'll do it back now i know what to look for. :) overall the game is good gonna give the ulitmate team thing ago this year. any tips?

The only problem is that, even though you know exactly what's happening, there's nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

im stuck in division 4 this yonks its a disaster strangly enough doh i haven,t come across anybody using ta A.I defending...on another note i won the price of fifa back by playing them tournaments which im quite happy about because lets face it its an awful awful game..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

bmcc10 wrote: »
    im stuck in division 4 this yonks its a disaster strangly enough doh i haven,t come across anybody using ta A.I defending...on another note i won the price of fifa back by playing them tournaments which im quite happy about because lets face it its an awful awful game..

I think its a very good game but each to their own I suppose.. How do ya take part in those cash tournaments btw?? Seen them advertised in game alrite..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I think its a very good game but each to their own I suppose.. How do ya take part in those cash tournaments btw?? Seen them advertised in game alrite..
    register at virginggaming.com bit annoying doh its mostly yanks and theres awful lag..but seriously how can anybody think its good dont like playing offline anymore atall and online its twist/turn/twist/turn its awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

nkay1985 wrote: »
    The only problem is that, even though you know exactly what's happening, there's nothing you can do about it.

what i have been doing when i see this happening is pass the ball around for ages just keeping possesion, they usually get bored and switch back or start messing with the goal keeper, then u score from just over the half way line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Villa have been taken over in my manager career mode.

They've bought in Dzeko, Xavi and Nani.

Mad stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

im one of these players that doesnt really give a toss about my rating. like who cares how much uv won or loss? seriously?!
    But the quitters and people who switch to the Goalkeeper instead of actually playing the game are the sadest bunch of twats ever!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Where do you find the Fifa challenges options in the menus?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Where do you find the Fifa challenges options in the menus?

press select if your on playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Ea servers down for anyone else?

I was looking forward to the H2H cup. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Finical wrote: »
    Ea servers down for anyone else?

I was looking forward to the H2H cup. :(

Looking at their community forum, seems to be down for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

How can you tell if someones using the keeper exploit? I don't think I've come accross it yet and I must have played 40 odd games online, 30 at least.

TokenWhite wrote: »
    How can you tell if someones using the keeper exploit? I don't think I've come accross it yet and I must have played 40 odd games online, 30 at least.

If you see the opp keeper name appear in the players name box thats a good clue plus when you get get past the rock solid defense and they score because of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

TokenWhite wrote: »

You'll notice that the other persons name disappears from over their outfield players head. I've played about 15 games online and probably only 1 or 2 where it wasnt used.

Kinda defeats the purpose of playing against another person when the computer is doin half the work for them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh my god, what have they done to defending! :(

Advertisement