Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The ai offline really takes no prisoners. Started a career mode with Portsmouth and made some decent transfers in Shelvey, Cunningham and Bostock and bough Edgar off Burnley. Defensively and attacking wise I thought I was all set up for maybe a top half finish.. Only to be blitzed in all my pre season friendlies and thumped 5-0 to rivals Southampton first game of season:o First time in years I think offlline is more difficult than online:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

donmeister wrote: »
    What is the story with quitters online? Esp. in ultimate team?? Eh Oatesy :D:p
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What did I do?
    donmeister wrote: »
    7-1 in UT earlier :D
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What? I have no idea who you are mate. Are you on my friends list or something?

I get it now, sorry. You played my team in UT yesterday and won 7-1. I was at work though, that was my friend who went to mine to see what Fifa was like. Just found out he popped over today. Injured Neymar too in the 3 games he played :mad:.

I was confused because I hadn't played an UT team game until about 8pm last night!..thought you were on my friends list and read on that EAS FC thing that I lost 7-1. I have never conceded 7 goals in my life! :D
    (Slight exaggeration)

What are the odds of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Do the goalkeepers ever give away penalties? I don't know how many times I've been upended by the 'keeper and nothings come of it. Come to think of it, from playing it for a week i haven't been given a penalty at all and that's with the ref set as strict for cards and fouls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

markc1184 wrote: »
    Do the goalkeepers ever give away penalties? I don't know how many times I've been upended by the 'keeper and nothings come of it. Come to think of it, from playing it for a week i haven't been given a penalty at all and that's with the ref set as strict for cards and fouls.

I've had a penalty given against me for a tackle by the keeper. It should have been a red too but he wasn't even carded. At the other end of the pitch, 3 or 4 times now I've intercepted a ball going back to the keeper, flicked it by him and he's taken me out but nothing! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've been given a penalty and the keeper was sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

Is anybody else having a lot of lag when play H2H online..90% of my games are lagging & its making it unplayable...its not my broadbad..i have really good broadband with UPC...other games like Black Ops are perfect online..its just fifa 12 that is horrible online..havent heard anyone complaining about it though.is it just me???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Is anybody else having a lot of lag when play H2H online..90% of my games are lagging & its making it unplayable...its not my broadbad..i have really good broadband with UPC...other games like Black Ops are perfect online..its just fifa 12 that is horrible online..havent heard anyone complaining about it though.is it just me???

check your ping rates ... upc is known to be a disaster for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

check your ping rates ... upc is known to be a disaster for it.

Checked there

Ping : 45ms
    Download: 18.28
    Upload: 4.12

Is that a poor ping rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Checked there

That should be fine. Better than mine I think, and I only lag sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

I've only played a handful of games but I know what you mean. I'm also on UPC and experiencing a bit of lag. Doesn't add up considering I never had a problem with FIFA 11 in that aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Checked there

no thats pretty good mate, but when i had upc i often got low rates and then bang at peak times my ping was anywhere from 40 to 400...

just do another speed and ping test at a peek time, your speed might be dropping due to the traffic and that might be effecting fifa.

just a taught, might be the problem because fifa is running great for me and iv played it a good bit now online the last few days i think iv got only 1 laggy game out of about 40 or 50 games:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I'm loving this game! It's the little things that make it so much better then previous games. The new league system in frendlys and H2H are great. Been able to switch to keeper during H2H is also great feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

any one else like stalling and such right after buying something in UT?

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Been able to switch to keeper during H2H is also great feature!

Are you being serious? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads is there a way to move your friend is now online popup on xbox so that it doesnt cover the mini map? I've seen it appear in the top right before somewhere. cheers

Anyone know if this can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Its possible in system settings to stop the pop up box appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lads is there a way to move your friend is now online popup on xbox so that it doesnt cover the mini map? I've seen it appear in the top right before somewhere. cheers

I'm almost certain you can change the position of the map to the side of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Is the AI defending gonna be allowed in the boards leagues? If it is take me off the list, ta.

EA servers down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

raheny red wrote: »
    Is the AI defending gonna be allowed in the boards leagues? If it is take me off the list, ta.
    Prob best to post that in the actual league topic
    FYG wrote: »
    EA servers down for anyone else?

Aye down for me too

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Aye down for me too

Was looking forward to settling down with FIFA for the night and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I've been playing H2H league games all afternoon with no server problems at all. I haven't noticed anyone doing that AI defending thing on me, I didn't know anything about it until I read it here this afternoon though, but I'll keep an eye out for it from know on. Also if anyone wants to play a few games feel free to add me but I'm not very good at it, GT in dor83.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Back up for me

Soby wrote: »
    Back up for me

Same. It's getting tougher now to win games. In division 6 at the moment - haven't had any real problems so far. I've got promoted every season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anybody won the EA cup?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just got screwed over in the semi final. 0-0 in ET against a really really good player.....I get the ball lovely with a standing tackle on the edge of the box, free kick, he scores, 0-1.

Have the ball on the edge of my own box, my player gets absolutely raped, no free, goal. 0-2. D'oh.

I wish the ref's called everything correctly. The offsides are always bang on, called correctly even if the player is practically dead in-line, but sometimes the ref gets things horribly wrong.

Having said that, I've had more than my fair share of dodgy penalties too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I dominated my semi final but lost on pens after a 0-0 draw. The pens were fcuking ridiculous though. When you're using 3 star or less teams and taking pens and taking the lag into effect it's fcuking impossible. Lost 2-1 on pens after 9 pens each.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Got the new fifa on Saturday and played my first few games as man utd in the heady heights of division 10 tonight on xbox live. First game, i won 7-0, then entered a cup and won the first game 7-0 and lost the next round 6-3 and finally won another league game 9-0. Great game, new defending is a big improvement on what was there before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Yeah I won it. Took me a fair few tries to get it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Won the Continental Cup on my 2nd attempt, I'm in Division 3 cool.gif

First attempt I was dumped out in the semi-final by this jammy bas****. He scored two goals from absolutely nothing. One was just a long ball which my covering defender mis-controlled and his striker nipped in, robbed the ball off him and scores. 2nd goal was a bit of head tennis in my box from a corner. In the end it falls very kindly to one of his players and he hammers it in.

That loss just spurred me on and I won all the games in my 2nd attempt comfortably enough. Won the final 3 - 1 iirc.

Advertisement