Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hi folks I picked this up yesterday and am having loads of issues with it.
    (XBOX)
    1 - Playing on World Class but find every team I play against has the same skill level i.e Teams from Lower leagues play better in some cases than your Real Madrids etc.
    2 - Commentary sound is terrible. Sounds like there's an Echo behind each voice.
    3 - Teammate AI is horrendous. They often pass directly to the opposing players when you are aiming a completely different direction.
    4 - I've had opposition players simply run into my defenders and fall over getting penalties !

Am I going daft or is anyone else pulling their hair out lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm almost certain you can change the position of the map to the side of the screen

Had a look and the options I can see are
    1) turn the map off
    2) 2D map
    3) 3D map

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads is there a way to move your friend is now online popup on xbox so that it doesnt cover the mini map? I've seen it appear in the top right before somewhere. cheers

I'm not sure now as I have a PS3, but is there not an option in the settings to disable notifications?

Just a guess, you can do that on PS3 anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Put yourself down as Busy and you wont get any pop ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Anyone else having problems with the squads randomly changing for no reason? I've had my squad change to random players that I've never seen before and had to reset the squads to get the proper players. I don't edit the squad myself at all except for changing the starting line-up and formation, it's just annoying to have to go and reset them every time it happens. Is there any way to stop this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just played the most irritating game of my life :( And it was against a friend too.....Every bounce of the ball went his way! Bad ref decisions and my shots went to pot...Good ol' Read Madrid factor.

Now 6 points behind thanks to a dodgy connection and that awful loss.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

Hey not my video but here is how to turn off your notifaction of friends on line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLRKRqiUo2E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

dor83 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the squads randomly changing for no reason? I've had my squad change to random players that I've never seen before and had to reset the squads to get the proper players. I don't edit the squad myself at all except for changing the starting line-up and formation, it's just annoying to have to go and reset them every time it happens. Is there any way to stop this?

That can happen with Ultimate Team as far as i'm aware. I had that problem on FIFA 11, I would have W.Ruben-Castro in the arena instead of Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    That can happen with Ultimate Team as far as i'm aware. I had that problem on FIFA 11, I would have W.Ruben-Castro in the arena instead of Rooney.
    Thanks but it's not happening with Ultimate Team at all, it was in every other mode, career mode, even just for single matches. I use Inter and change the formation to 4-3-1-2 and sometimes when I go to change the players the squad is full of players I've never heard of instead of Inter players and some players have no name at all. Tonight I was playing career mode and when I went to the squad it was full of GK's all rated 99 apart from the starting line up which had some Inter players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye i keep getting kaka in the arena in a united kit:confused:...

anyone's be a pro accomplishments not going through when playing online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Very annoying when you are are changing your players into different positions and their rating doesn't change. Even if you change Joe Hart from GK to striker it stays the same. If you want to view the new rating you have to back out into the the area where you pick the side your playing. Pretty stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Guys please explain this to me please.I was paying fifa online just there against some guy who was man utd.Seems normal but his team was quite different than utd team lol etc cassilas in goal dani alves thiago lahm sndijer ribery ronaldo robben WTF.Is this person hacking and if so is there a way to report this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Guys please explain this to me please.I was paying fifa online just there against some guy who was man utd.Seems normal but his team was quite different than utd team lol etc cassilas in goal dani alves thiago lahm sndijer ribery ronaldo robben WTF.Is this person hacking and if so is there a way to report this ???

Wow, that sounds weird :eek:

Online play sets the teams to the default so that everyone has their proper teams. I have never heard anything like this happening before. This game is really screwed up!!!

the funny thing was he only beat 1-0 da **** any 1 else experience this ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Was it a ranked match or did you play an unranked one?

If it was unranked then people can use squads they have created/downloaded in the creation center. I've played unranked online games with Gamba Osaka and a HSV Legends team, Keegan is like Messi :P

I dont have cue if ranked or unranked all i know i went to custom games online from main menu and selected head to head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

WTF is it with all the CPU teams trying to portray Barca in their build up play. Playing a career mode with Tranmere and every bloody team I meet tries to pass me to death without ever having pop shots at goal. All for the improvement in CPU ai but this is League 1 FFS:pac:

I dont have cue if ranked or unranked all i know i went to custom games online from main menu and selected head to head

That's unranked so.

Make sure to go to "Head to Head Seasons" when you want to play online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

very disapointed with fifa this yr.....tempted to give pes another go this yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Dont say you werent warned ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Dont say you werent warned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

make the switch to manual, I did and once you adapt it's miles better! Also handy that you can specify to play vs manual only players in h2h season matches

When is the patch coming out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

FYG wrote: »
    When is the patch coming out again?

soon i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

anyone else found their games laggy or are getting "button lag"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anyone else found their games laggy or are getting "button lag"?

no but i am contanstly being disconnected from from the ea servers esp during matches with the ulimate team and career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anybody else finding themselves absaloutly dominating a game then they get 1 attack and always score so frustarting..EA servers are being very poor aswell always going down on me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Anybody else finding themselves absaloutly dominating a game then they get 1 attack and always score so frustarting..EA servers are being very poor aswell always going down on me..

Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Really annoying problem, randomly when I start FIFA, all my saved formations and custom tactics disappear.

It actually corrupted my career mode. I had a saved formation set as my team's default one in career mode, when the formation magically disappeared, when I go into team management in my career now, because it can't find the formation, my team is full of goalkeepers with no names and ratings of -32,000 or so, which causes a crash.

Pain in the hole. I'd love to know why my custom stuff keeps disappearing randomly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

how do EA get away with this time after time, releasing half arsed games hyped up to the max only to play and find problem after problem.

that muppet who always answers the question prior to fifa always dodges these kind of questons.

fifa has severe button lag lads its unreal.

Advertisement