Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

fifa has severe button lag lads its unreal.

Not seeing any myself to be honest, and my connection is far from good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

how do EA get away with this time after time, releasing half arsed games hyped up to the max only to play and find problem after problem.

that muppet who always answers the question prior to fifa always dodges these kind of questons.

TBH ive think the game is brilliant, and while frustrating it was definately worth the 45 quid i payed for it. Have had very little issues with servers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

yep getting it every game, wasnt happenening at first when i bought the game at release night, maybe its just due too many players on ****ty ea servers?

sucks balls anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

to be honest lads both are rubbish this year

You posted the above based on the FIFA 12 demo.
    how do EA get away with this time after time, releasing half arsed games hyped up to the max only to play and find problem after problem.

You said it was "rubbish" but still went and spent €45 quid on it. Maybe this answers your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ugh playing way too many games against Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Really frustrated - cannot win a game, cannot score. CPU gets the ball off me and scores easily. So annoying.

Doesnt matter what team I play as - I'm coming to the conclusion that either:

1. I'm too old for these games or

2. Its ****e...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Keyzer wrote: »
    Really frustrated - cannot win a game, cannot score. CPU gets the ball off me and scores easily. So annoying.

2. Its ****e...

I'm having the same problem on professional

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I cant believe I made it to the Premiership in the league. I'm what the pro's say "le fcuked".. I still havent grasped the defending :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If you are struggling against the CPU on Pro you are obviously not playing the game properly. Maybe playing like you would have on 11? In which case you will not do very well I've learned.
    I'm not not great by any means but I'm not even struggling on Pro anymore so I've moved up. Just a matter of having to read the game, timing and not being silly with movement given them any bit of space. New system is alot more precise and one simple mistake will set you back a goal most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Yakult wrote: »
    If you are struggling against the CPU on Pro you are obviously not playing the game properly. Maybe playing like you would have on 11? In which case you will not do very well I've learned.
    I'm not not great by any means but I'm not even struggling on Pro anymore so I've moved up. Just a matter of having to read the game, timing and not being silly with movement given them any bit of space. New system is alot more precise and one simple mistake will set you back a goal most cases.

I agree you just need to be patient in your play and not try force attack it's not the same as the old ping pong passing were you could just hit a all the way up to the box with ought the computer sticking in one decent tackle, ai is smart and offers a great challenge even better than some players online, if you still have difficulties with the ai you can always put down their intelligence of their passing and build up play so Norwich don't attack like barca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Keyzer wrote: »

2. Its ****e...

Have to agree, so frustrating and not much fun anymore :o
    I got so annoyed I traded it this morning for Forza 4

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭BlackRoom

The new FIFA is absolute fúcking dogshít. Rubbish game. The new defending is a pain in the arse and even when giving it the concentration required and you have it nailed it's boring as fúck.

May try pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Eh lads i think im going to crack....
    Played online last night, 8 games. 7 against Real Madrid and 1 against Barca. Done all right but what the hell! Suppose its just the done thing! Play as Liverpool so pace in the team is a problem but hey thats the challange!

Cant play season anymore. Bounced the controller off the wall the other night. Playing Hull V Pool on pro with legacy defending and my players speed up to 65 when in the dying moments Paul McShane waltzed from his 18 yard box to mine and scored a screamer!

Nuff said, pure sh**e!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Played online last night, 8 games. 7 against Real Madrid and 1 against Barca. Done all right but what the hell! Suppose its just the done thing! Play as Liverpool so pace in the team is a problem but hey thats the challange!

Cant play season anymore. Bounced the controller off the wall the other night. Playing Hull V Pool on pro with legacy defending and my players speed up to 65 when in the dying moments Paul McShane waltzed from his 18 yard box to mine and scored a screamer!

Nuff said, pure sh**e!

Sounds about right to me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nuff said, pure sh**e!

Maybe it's you. Just saying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yakult wrote: »

Hmmm.....you could very well be right ya know

Paul McShane waltzed from his 18 yard box to mine and scored a screamer!

If Paul McShane is doing that to you on professional, I'd probably question your defending...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

Theres actually no point playing head to head online,every game i play is against AI defending,you might aswel just play on legendery mode offline,the quality of the player doesnt vary..with everyone using the select button your playing against the same level of player everytime,i refuse to use it & im being punished,im dominating games & i get to the final third & its like trying to break a brick wall down using a spoon,its impossible

EA seriously need to patch the game & disable the select button..im not playing H2H again until they do...its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Nuff said, pure sh**e!

On your first point, that is always the way it is...Maybe try playing with a lower rated team so you go into the next bracket down.

Second point, have to agree with MikeyT - no way that should happen if you're cutting off the space. Turning up your own speed could actually disadvantage you because it will be easier to be caught out by something simple like a turn...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

EA seriously need to patch the game & disable the select button..im not playing H2H again until they do...its a joke

what do you mean disable the select button? can you turn of the new defending for online ranked games?

played the new pes over the weekend, it just about edges fifa this year. The online master league is class aswell as all the edit features including making your own stadium.

like fifa though it has a few annoying features like not really being able to control your keeper i mean whats up with that? also the constant replays after every shot and incident when the ball goes out of play!.

a far as connections and online in general pes sh*ts all over fifa, yet to play a laggy game... the only thing that il be going back to fifa for is clubs because i dont like become a legend on pes.

EA have confirmed that you wont be able to control the GK in any online mode after the update.

Good news.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    EA have confirmed that you wont be able to control the GK in any online mode after the update.

Good news.

Good stuff, any news on a date for it?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Good stuff, any news on a date for it?

think they said 2-3 weeks during the week there.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Good news.

Great news.

What a ridiculous feature to begin with. Did they actually think no one would abuse it.

Looking forward to playing people online now that have gotten used to just attacking and not doing any defending what so ever :pac:

EDIT: Where did you hear the news Mikey?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

what do you mean disable the select button? can you turn of the new defending for online ranked games?

played the new pes over the weekend, it just about edges fifa this year. The online master league is class aswell as all the edit features including making your own stadium.

like fifa though it has a few annoying features like not really being able to control your keeper i mean whats up with that? also the constant replays after every shot and incident when the ball goes out of play!.

a far as connections and online in general pes sh*ts all over fifa, yet to play a laggy game... the only thing that il be going back to fifa for is clubs because i dont like become a legend on pes.

In Fifa 12 if you press select you can control the goalkeeper,when you do this the CPU controls your outfield players. everyone is taken advantage of this online.when you take control of the ball they press select & the cpu takes over there players & its almost nearly impossible to breal down the defence...its good feature if your offline in a career mode but its cheating online,your not playing the game..the CPU is doing it for you

Its great to hear that there addressing the issue though

Its great to hear that there addressing the issue though

Pity it's going to take them two or three weeks though.

EDIT: Where did you hear the news Mikey?

EA Sports Facebook page.

"Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches."

I'm not playing online again until the patch.

It's ****ing pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Btw they have to lower the CPU's level as well, so many people online are just selecting their striker or midfielder and don't change to another player at all because they know people won't be able to get past the World Class defender anyways...shocking from EA this.

2-3 weeks Battlefield out and then soon after MW3.

Advertisement