Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    EA Sports Facebook page.

"Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches."

All? That's the job.

I thought they'd f*ck it up by leaving it in for single online matches in Ultimate Team, or unranked matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am playing offline career mode, finished 1st season with Derry and won the league I decided to stay on and see how far I could get in the Champions Cup but my whole team has changed, all players have been replaced with 16 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Rooney10 wrote: »
    If Paul McShane is doing that to you on professional, I'd probably question your defending...

Ah i know im not great at it, but im not that bad either.
    My point is something happens to the opposition in the last few mins of a close game and they all start playing like Messi lol! Cant get near any of them!

Since i posted the other day i have got a lot better and im enjoying it more.

I'll take back judgement for a wee bit and see if was just a flash in the pan or if i am getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Ah i know im not great at it, but im not that bad either.
    My point is something happens to the opposition in the last few mins of a close game and they all start playing like Messi lol! Cant get near any of them!

Since i posted the other day i have got a lot better and im enjoying it more.

I'll take back judgement for a wee bit and see if was just a flash in the pan or if i am getting better!

where you winning at this time? maybe the ai goes ultra attacking in last few mins to try get a result.

btw paul mc shane wtf !!! he shouldn even be in anyones squad

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

What's the patch for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Currently sitting frozen at the Upcoming Opponent screen in FUT. Would quit to Dashboard ordinarily but it's a cup game and don't know if we'll be eliminated from cup as a result. Any advice / anyone know?

Don't have custom tactics. Opponent might.....Recording for series and it's been hard work so would prefer it wasn't in vain!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Seems the new update has landed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Is it the patch which fixes the exploit, or is it for something else, because they did say two or three weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Thank the heavens!!!

Is UT fixed & is the goalkeeper / CPU defending gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

-Fixed a memory leak that would cause Origin to crash.

-Fixes to our installation and updating systems.

-Fixed an install issue that was forcing users to download all language packs.

-Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.

-Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.

-Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.

-Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.

-Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.-

-We have optimized the FUT server to speed up transactions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

Have they patched the Ps3 & xbox versions?..there twitter page announced the patch for the PC versions..nothing about consoles though

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

FYG wrote: »
    Is it the patch which fixes the exploit, or is it for something else, because they did say two or three weeks?

They said that 2 weeks ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ConorLS

Have they patched the Ps3 & xbox versions?..there twitter page announced the patch for the PC versions..nothing about consoles though

PS3 version has been patched anyway. Can only assume that the Xbox version has been patched too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

ConorLS wrote: »
    PS3 version has been patched anyway. Can only assume that the Xbox version has been patched too.

Cheers..looking forward to getting home & having a fair game online..a lot of people are going to be found out now they havent got a brick wall for a defence

The parch hasn't fixed the goal keeper exploit online at all it seems.
    I'm on PS3, and just played a guy there who was using it, granted, i still beat him but thats not the point.
    Am i missing something?

I just started playing Ultimate Team for the first time today. Should I focus on buying players who are all of the same nationality?

The parch hasn't fixed the goal keeper exploit online at all it seems.
    I'm on PS3, and just played a guy there who was using it, granted, i still beat him but thats not the point.
    Am i missing something?

It has definitely been patched. How can you be sure he was using it?

ConorLS wrote: »
    It has definitely been patched. How can you be sure he was using it?

My bad boys and girls.

I presumed that when they were using the goal keeper, that there was no arrow/name over the players heads. That's happens anyway i see. :P

Great times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

woohoo! it appears my button lag issues have been solved, thank christ couldnt stand it any longer

Is anyone setting up a PS3 FIFA 12 league on here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nice patch EA, pity Ultimate Team still doesn't work. Good God!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is the patch out for all platforms? Waiting to get back online!

Yakult wrote: »
    Is the patch out for all platforms? Waiting to get back online!

Yeah, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Just won someone 3-1 online. They left the match at the replays and got the win. And this was just patched?

Then left the next one myself at the 5 minute mark because of the lag. Isn't it supposed to be so that if you leave before 10 min, no points are given? Like for these laggy games...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

When was this patch out? I got no update tonight anyways.

snowblind wrote: »
    Then left the next one myself at the 5 minute mark because of the lag. Isn't it supposed to be so that if you leave before 10 min, no points are given? Like for these laggy games...

You are allowed to leave before the five minute mark.

It was released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just to clarify, it came out on the PC and PS3 today but won't be out on the 360 until Wednesday from what i read on the EA forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Anyone interested in a manual league on xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

According to EA: "The patch is now live on PS3 in the EU and North America. The update will become available on Xbox 360 between 11am and 2pm GMT today (18 October)."

I just checked and its a 4MB patch and its on xbl now.

• Advertisement

**** sake EA.

They release a patch today to correct faults but also add some.

When you bid on ultimate team cards now it counts down to zero and the green tick appears as if you've won the auction but if you back out to the main screen in UT then go back into your watch list it shows that someone else has bid for the card and you haven't won it but it doesn't tell you.

Thought I had gotten a 4-4-2 Valencia for 3000 coins and Hernandez for 6000 :mad:

Advertisement