Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

**** sake EA.

They release a patch today to correct faults but also add some.

When you bid on ultimate team cards now it counts down to zero and the green tick appears as if you've won the auction but if you back out to the main screen in UT then go back into your watch list it shows that someone else has bid for the card and you haven't won it but it doesn't tell you.

Thought I had gotten a 4-4-2 Valencia for 3000 coins and Hernandez for 6000 :mad:

Happened to me twice tonight. Was told I won St.Ledger for 300 (goes for 1500) and Muller for 1000 (goes for 3000), only to find out I had lost out by one bid both times. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I only found out about that goalie tactic now by reading it in here.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Happened to me twice tonight. Was told I won St.Ledger for 300 (goes for 1500) and Muller for 1000 (goes for 3000), only to find out I had lost out by one bid both times. Infuriating.

Twice to me there too.Ya nearly need to make to double bids towards the end to ensure you get him.Tis bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I see the EA servers are still pants, marvellous. Five game winning streak in head to head seasons tonight, 1-0 up and comfortable at half time in game 6; second half never starts, boom and a 3-0 loss.

Bah. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

Is there some tactic you can use online where when your oppenent gets the ball you suddenly have a 6 man defence...everyone i play online seems to be amazing at defending..even in midfield when i get the ball theres 2 players pressuring the ball. This happens what i match there formation & all, im convinced you can set your team up to pressure the ball

Maybe im just crap at the game but with fifa 11 i used to open defences for fun & now its struggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Is there some tactic you can use online where when your oppenent gets the ball you suddenly have a 6 man defence...everyone i play online seems to be amazing at defending..even in midfield when i get the ball theres 2 players pressuring the ball. This happens what i match there formation & all, im convinced you can set your team up to pressure the ball

Maybe im just crap at the game but with fifa 11 i used to open defences for fun & now its struggle

Your not imagining this, i have played against this sort of thing quite a lot. In my experience it tends to be when your oponent is playing Ultra Defensive. For example if a person is playing 4-3-3 and set to ultra def, the defense drops really deep as do the 3 midfielders. This effectively gives them 3 cdm's and theres very little space. Once you get up to the final 3rd of the pitch because there are so many players back you get pressured a lot more then normal.

The problem with this is that if your playing on balanced then your team pushes up the field and your backline pushes up really high. So while your trying to find a way past the 7 defensive players, your team pushes up and if you lose the ball the opponent then can use a simple LB + Y ball over your defense for there fast attackers to run on to.

It's a shame because i was really enjoying this years FIFA however as soon as you reach Division 5 and upwards, everyone seems to play this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone been tinkering with the sliders? I've been looking around for some realistic sliders but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone been tinkering with the sliders? I've been looking around for some realistic sliders but no luck so far.

This is probably the best around for understanding/implementing custom tactics. Its from fifa 10 but can be used in any fifa game since 09...
    http://www.halln.co.uk/fifa/understandingcustomtactics.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

find it hard to tricks, all i can ever do is a 360 spin with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

does anyone know how to stop your virtual pro from appearing in your regular match squads?

• Advertisement

does anyone know how to stop your virtual pro from appearing in your regular match squads?

he will always get in the starting line up for the team you orignally picked him to play for, does he appear in everyteam you pick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

nah just the team i picked which is chelsea and hes number 7 so ramires appears to disappear...do i have to delete him?

just seems to be online friendlys and head to head matches

nah just the team i picked which is chelsea and hes number 7 so ramires appears to disappear...do i have to delete him?

just seems to be online friendlys and head to head matches

ramires will be on you bench but will just have a different squad number, if you dont want to be using you be a pro just go back to virtual pro edit and put him on a team that you will never use.my man plays for some team in korea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does head to head seasons not work since the patch? Every time I search for a game, it says "Opponent found", followed by "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again"....... I've got this about 20 times in a row.

I can play unranked, or any other mode with no problem. My NAT is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

That very seldom happens to me i usually just change jersey and it works.

Anybody else ever playing online and when its raining and you get a corner you can barely see the players it,s like a fog on the screen??

Another thing that bugs me for no apparant reason at all i dont even support Liverpool is Adams Dunnes boots really annoys me and i dont no why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Does head to head seasons not work since the patch? Every time I search for a game, it says "Opponent found", followed by "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again"....... I've got this about 20 times in a row.

I can play unranked, or any other mode with no problem. My NAT is open.

No problem here although in the last 10 mins it appears the EA Servers are down:rolleyes:

Also, I managed to come across a fellow boardies in a H2H season earlier. Probably one of the best FIFA 12 games I've played so far and I've played over 125 games!

bmcc10 wrote: »

Anybody else ever playing online and when its raining and you get a corner you can barely see the players it,s like a fog on the screen??

Another thing that bugs me for no apparant reason at all i dont even support Liverpool is Adams Dunnes boots really annoys me and i dont no why.

I've tried changing jersey and same thing, tried changing team, etc.

Nothing works. And now, I can't even get on the the EA server at all. This game is ridiculously frustrating at times. All I want to do is play a couple of H2H season games.

Are you on the PS3 btw? I have never seen that blurry corner problems on the Xbox, but we've FIFA on the PS3 at work, and whenever it is raining and you go to take a corner, the screen just looks like a blurry mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

bmcc10 wrote: »

I only noticed this tonight, it looks like rain running down a windscreen without the wipers on!

I just played the most ridiculous game. Some games you are just destined to lose.

24 shots to 4. I lost 2-1. He scored a goal when my two centerbacks ran into each other and knocked each other over, leaving him clean through....after dominating the game from start to finish.

Hit the post three times, Casillas with a rating of 10. He had the most insane double save I've ever seen, unreal save to his right, open goal, striker knocks it towards goal but he saves it somehow, but he is going towards his own goal and its still rolling in, he goes after it again, and knocks it onto the post. Absolute monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Played about 30 games head to head. Upto Divison 6.

All my games are an absolute Goal fest. winning or losing 4-3
    5-4 etc!
    anyone else like this?
    I just cant get used to the defending at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I just played the most ridiculous game. Some games you are just destined to lose.

24 shots to 4. I lost 2-1. He scored a goal when my two centerbacks ran into each other and knocked each other over, leaving him clean through....after dominating the game from start to finish.

Hit the post three times, Casillas with a rating of 10. He had the most insane double save I've ever seen, unreal save to his right, open goal, striker knocks it towards goal but he saves it somehow, but he is going towards his own goal and its still rolling in, he goes after it again, and knocks it onto the post. Absolute monster.

I fully believe that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just played my matches for Division 10 and got promoted :D Shakey start though and some excellent games. How do you win a league title though? Got promoted and no way to continue Div 10 progress despite games to spare....

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ConorLS

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just played my matches for Division 10 and got promoted :D Shakey start though and some excellent games. How do you win a league title though? Got promoted and no way to continue Div 10 progress despite games to spare....

I believe you can only win a league title when you reach the top division. Not 100% sure though.

EA servers are down at the moment. Annoying, was looking forward to some games.

ConorLS wrote: »
    I believe you can only win a league title when you reach the top division. Not 100% sure though.

EA servers are down at the moment. Annoying, was looking forward to some games.

That would make sense alright!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

How do you enter the cups?

I see the notice "cup window opens in......days/hours".

Do you just have to be online at that point to enter?

osh wrote: »
    How do you enter the cups?

I see the notice "cup window opens in......days/hours".

Do you just have to be online at that point to enter?

cup window opens on the weekends, so instead clicking head to head match you just click cup match right below it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Some of the goalies are ridculously good in the game especially Hart and Neur. Ya really have to hit them on the money to score past those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

I haven't seen it mentioned, so it could be just me(although its happening with a friend too), but is anyone having trouble with the passing? Sometimes the most simple passes don't go to the other players feet, it might go a few feet of either side of him(and he won't stick a foot out for it) or even to a different player altogether. I've tried being as precise as possible using semi and fully assisted passing yet terrible passes will still be played. Its driving me mad and ruining the game for me as it can give away possession in dangerous areas.

So does anyone else find that this happens to them or do I just have to brush up on my passing skills (they were fine in Fifa 11 I swear!!:D)

Other than that really and the terrible impact engine, I find the game ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Sabre0001 wrote: »

I can confirm what ConorLs said as I'm in Division 1. You need to get 20 points from your 10 games to win the League.

There's no chance of me winning it though. I won my opening game comfortably enough, but then I've suffered defeat after defeat. Keep coming up against Barcelona and these guys really know how to use Messi. Keeps skipping past my defense with ease :o

• Advertisement

Now that the Goalie glitch is gone, I've decided to do a new series! "Rise of the Champions": Can I go from Div 10 to Div 1 with Palmero? Don't read my above posts :D

As always likes, comments, critiques, shares, etc are much appreciated. Please watch all ep - I know my finishing was appalling at the start of the episode!

🤪

Advertisement