Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

I have to admit online is a lot better since the GK thing was removed.

Ive never really takin losing that seriously but losing to someone that basically had the computer defending for him really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Now that the Goalie glitch is gone, I've decided to do a new series! "Rise of the Champions": Can I go from Div 10 to Div 1 with Palmero? Don't read my above posts :D

As always likes, comments, critiques, shares, etc are much appreciated. Please watch all ep - I know my finishing was appalling at the start of the episode!

Some good goals. That Miccoli lad is class. Dya play manual?? Good luck with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Some good goals. That Miccoli lad is class. Dya play manual?? Good luck with it:)

Tried manual briefly but I couldn't hack it! Mainly shooting (what's my excuse now!) and crosses. Have massive respect for anyone who can play manual :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Tried manual briefly but I couldn't hack it! Mainly shooting (what's my excuse now!) and crosses. Have massive respect for anyone who can play manual :)

Oh.. I thought I recognised your PSN on the PS3 manual leaderboards. Only after kopping now that yer on xbox:o Ah get back to playing manual, your more than capable! Ya get used to shooting after a while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scotland23

Anyone know why my H2H seasons isnt working? Any time I try to start a match it will loose connection to my opponent when searching and if a choose a different team the starting 11 of the previous team will still be displayed for the preview and in the team management screen. This only started happening yesterday. I tried downloading squad updates to see if that would sort it but it didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Now that the Goalie glitch is gone, I've decided to do a new series! "Rise of the Champions": Can I go from Div 10 to Div 1 with Palmero? Don't read my above posts :D

As always likes, comments, critiques, shares, etc are much appreciated. Please watch all ep - I know my finishing was appalling at the start of the episode!

Just one thing, heard you say it on the vid, and had to correct you. It's Palermo (Pa-yermo), not Palmero. Easy mistake but it has potential to be flamed by idiots on youtube.

Loved the idea for the series, ill be watching!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just one thing, heard you say it on the vid, and had to correct you. It's Palermo (Pa-yermo), not Palmero. Easy mistake but it has potential to be flamed by idiots on youtube.

Loved the idea for the series, ill be watching!

Dammit! Was so focused on trying to say Miccoli's name correctly. Damn Italians! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

only takes about 4/5 games to adapt, its worth it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Tempted to give full manual a go.
    Normally have pass and shoot manual, lob/through pass I was never good at so that's at semi.

I was liking some of the control over passing and taking responsibility. But it usually went wrong too close to my own goal!........and I'm a terrible loser :D

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Argh, lost in the semi final of the cup again. Absolutely dominated from start to finish. The guy had 3 attacks in the entire game and scored 3 goals.

Smalling miscontrolled the ball from 6 yards out into his own net after the ball rolled back to him after hitting the post. Over 60% of possession, 15 shots to 3, and i lose 3-2 because of an O.G.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Argh, lost in the semi final of the cup again. Absolutely dominated from start to finish. The guy had 3 attacks in the entire game and scored 3 goals.

Smalling miscontrolled the ball from 6 yards out into his own net after the ball rolled back to him after hitting the post. Over 60% of possession, 15 shots to 3, and i lose 3-2 because of an O.G.

Very frustrating.

I conceded around 3 or 4 goals from Smalling miscontrolling it, put Rafael in and havent looked back, he plays much better than a 76.

The second episode of my attempted rise to FIFA12 fame :D

Slow start again, but a bit more style. Let me know what you think...Trying to get practice at this commentary lark!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I conceded around 3 or 4 goals from Smalling miscontrolling it, put Rafael in and havent looked back, he plays much better than a 76.

I think Smalling is only 73 at right back actually, even though the team management screen will say he is 77. Very annoying it isn't his rating for the current position.

I might try Rafael instead, but I do like Smalling because of his height, he rarely gets beaten in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Hi Guys quick question for ye, How do you get username/gametag to appear over the player you are controlling. Used to have it i FIFA 11 but cant get it working in FIFA 12. Struggling to see the small red Triangle. I have tried the display settings but its not in that, the only thing I can do is display the name of the player who has the ball. Hope some one can help. cheers

Good night of Ultimate Team tonight. 3 games, all won, 15 goals, 0 conceeded. And for once I quit while I was ahead :D Best was beating a team made up of Real Madrid and Barcelona 3-0 before he left.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

Does anyone just play the Career mode? I gave up Live when I moved house (worst mistake of my life) and I just want to chat about Career Mode.

...anyone?

...no?

Hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

i do, i thoguht the transfer deadline day set up was pretty good and a nice addition, i picked new castle but i had to sell jonas becasue he hated the weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

Eldoco wrote: »
    i do, i thoguht the transfer deadline day set up was pretty good and a nice addition, i picked new castle but i had to sell jonas becasue he hated the weather :(

Agree, though its a little over the top. Started with Crawley town and nearly pulled my hair out to be honest. With LilleStrom in the Tippeligen (sp?) now and its a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ConorLSB

There's definitely been a massive increase in the number of people picking Man City online since their thrashing of Man United at the weekend.

• Advertisement

ConorLSB wrote: »
    There's definitely been a massive increase in the number of people picking Man City online since their thrashing of Man United at the weekend.

yeah i noticed that, only teams you play these days are barca,city,spain or madrid had to stop picking 5 star teams as you get bored playing these, hate theo walcott he just to fast onyl reason ppl pick arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Animal Bar wrote: »
    Hi Guys quick question for ye, How do you get username/gametag to appear over the player you are controlling. Used to have it i FIFA 11 but cant get it working in FIFA 12. Struggling to see the small red Triangle. I have tried the display settings but its not in that, the only thing I can do is display the name of the player who has the ball. Hope some one can help. cheers

Anyone.....Please...:confused:

Animal Bar wrote: »
    Anyone.....Please...:confused:

mess around in the settings as far as i can remeber it is there somewhere and i cant check for you as im not on the abox atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

In div1 its honestly a joke i,ve never expierienced so much lag in fifa any other division or year and they all be madrid and are so jammey..I had to move down to 4.5 star teams found a good1(Ivory Coast)great pace and power u will always play Napoli or Uruguay doh,Its 14pts to stay up i had 4pts with 4 games left then drew my 1st,won the last two im going on now to go for the great escape.

Is it possible to check the Irish FIFA leaderboards on PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Is anyone else epicly bad at Fifa 12? I have 70 wins and 110 losses, I feel like snapping the disk in two. I've never been this crap in past Fifas.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The lag online this year is shocking. In past years I'd get the odd game with lag but this year it seems I'm getting the odd game without lag!!

FIFA 12, it's just such a frustrating experience this time. I keep going back, I'm hooked but it makes my blood boil.

I hate the button lag too, even offline there seems to be a slight delay in passes. It just doesn't feel right.

ConorLSB wrote: »
    Is it possible to check the Irish FIFA leaderboards on PS3?

i tried to find that meself but on xbox, does anyone knowe if it can be done via the ea website?

Eldoco wrote: »
    i tried to find that meself but on xbox, does anyone knowe if it can be done via the ea website?

I had a look there myself but I couldn't find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Its Johnny Drama

Playing online is so frustrating...i find that the majority players just park the bus...ive came across numerous players playing 5-4-1 and ultra defensive, I know EA were trying to make the game more realistic by implementing the new tactical defending but it has just made a lot players play really defensive

Advertisement