Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

The Tactical Defending is proving to be a load of **** now the dust have settled.

Again like in 2011, having more possession isn't a positive, once they get set up it's impossible to get through anyone who has the cop on to just hold X in front of you.

Just like 2011, the advantage goes to the countering team as you can't contain when players are sprinting.

At least in 2011 you had to position your players at all times, it had its downfalls but the older system required a LOT more skill then holding X.

Also think it's pretty lame when you mistime a tackle to see a player tackling thin air with no opposing player within 20yards, maybe they should have had it that pressing it from a distance makes it unresponsive.

More of the same really, 1 step forward, 2 steps back....I played 08 from xmas until 09 came out, 09 for the full year, 10 till xmas, 11 for about two months, and 12 for about a month.

They need to give the advantage to the attacking team, I usually have around 60/40 possession and for 11 and 12 it's completely pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Anyone know how much Gamestop or Xtra Vision will give me for trading in Fifa 12 on PS3?

Sick of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone ever have there game freeze up when its starting since saturday night my Xbox freezes when it goes into sign in on EA servers, where as if i plug out the internet connection it starts fine and i can replug in the connection and works fine then im confused as feic here :(

ConorBF1 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Gamestop or Xtra Vision will give me for trading in Fifa 12 on PS3?

Sick of the game.

They offered me a poxy €18 cash, or €28 in-store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

anyone up for a game now? My PSN is Urinbits1 - add me if you wanna play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

They offered me a poxy €18 cash, or €28 in-store credit.

I'm trading mine in, I've had enough of it. It's a mess.

Who offered the €28 in-store credit?

Batesy wrote: »
    Who offered the €28 in-store credit?

Gamestop.

Xtra Vision offered me €30 in-store credit. I'm not sure if you'll get the same in cash, because when I asked for the cash, I was told I have to be eighteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just played the new challenge where you have to beat Spain as England from the start of the 2nd half. I scored with 10 minutes to go and they made a sub, Llorente for Villa. I decided id just play it around my back 4 til the whistle went, only Llorente was fúcking invisible and nabbed the ball and scored. I just cant enjoy this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

XtraVision it is so. Thanks! Probably get Uncharted, Skyrim or Batman instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

Playing on career mode and finding the whole thing a bit tedious, played 24 games scored 9 goals conceded 10, I don't want to go up or down on the skill level because it will make the game too simple or beyond patience. The controls are also very inconsistent when you attack. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

God, I'm loving FIFA this year.

Mainly been playing Online H2H seasons with Sporting Gijon. Somehow have got them up to Division 6. Must be averaging around 4 goals a match (David Barral is a beast), even my goalie has gotten in on the goals:D:D:pac: The quitters are around the same as 11 but I always set the Opponent quit % to match mine (0).

Im completely the opposite with ye on tactical defending though. I really, really like it. You can't just lunge in for the ball now and have to track on where the ball will be going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

God, I'm loving FIFA this year.

Mainly been playing Online H2H seasons with Sporting Gijon. Somehow have got them up to Division 6. Must be averaging around 4 goals a match (David Barral is a beast), even my goalie has gotten in on the goals:D:D:pac: The quitters are around the same as 11 but I always set the Opponent quit % to match mine (0).

Im completely the opposite with ye on tactical defending though. I really, really like it. You can't just lunge in for the ball now and have to track on where the ball will be going
    Ah yeah division 6 is grand and all. I went straight up to division 2 (without going down or staying in the same division once), playing most of my games with stoke or ivory coast, and now its so hard to get a game with 4* or 4 1/2* teams.

I've resorted to using Barca, and every game is either Man City or Real.:rolleyes:

Ah well, still winning most of the games, but dont think ill go up this time, wont be relegated either, it will need a second try.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Couple of questions about Career Mode...

1. Is there a way to measure player growth? Just wondering as we're into our 2nd season with Southampton (got promoted!) and we've not noticed any increases, even in the young players who played every game.

2. How the hell do you get money? We only got 9m for the new season, and we've sold most of the crap in our team. Is it just buy youth players/free transfers and sell them on?

3. Speaking of free transfers, where are they all? Searching for free's doesn't bring up any new players. Surely there have been some players released after each season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kiith wrote: »
    Couple of questions about Career Mode...

1. Is there a way to measure player growth? Just wondering as we're into our 2nd season with Southampton (got promoted!) and we've not noticed any increases, even in the young players who played every game.

2. How the hell do you get money? We only got 9m for the new season, and we've sold most of the crap in our team. Is it just buy youth players/free transfers and sell them on?

3. Speaking of free transfers, where are they all? Searching for free's doesn't bring up any new players. Surely there have been some players released after each season?
    Ya normally get new funds added onto wat uv earned already provided ya renew ur contract.. And free transfers are found by going to free agents in the search

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Hi. Can anybody tell me do Irish club teams qualify for Europe in Career Mode? Don't want to start a career with an Irish team only to find that they cant get into champions/ europa league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

servers down for anybody else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Fifa 11 > Fifa 12

Fifa 11 > Fifa 12

Why?

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Why?

I disagree.

For some strange reason playing semi pro career the computer gets a goal every shot, as would I... The ball is stroke with damn all power and the keeper doesn't save it?... Never really played much, had a good online game... But with the Ultimate Team I was getting demolished because my players are slow (just need to upgrade them)

There is no real improvements over Fifa 11 and they got rid of the pressure button (usually in Fifa holding X would chase the ball, now it seems I need to do it myself which I find very frustrating..) The reason I enjoyed these games was the fact that they required not as much skill, and where enjoyable to play.. But not when I can't even win the ball..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

So.....how is fifa 12 doing now? are the servers better than before? if I find Fifa 12 on xbox cheap(im in canada), then i think ill give in for old time sakes.

Also, im particular interested in Manual, how is it with the nerw defending? and how is Clubs? I have zero interest in playing the tools you usually find on normal ranked and no more interest in the boards leagues....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Clubs was alive and strong until Mw3.. Hoping to revive it soon over xmas though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    So.....how is fifa 12 doing now? are the servers better than before? if I find Fifa 12 on xbox cheap(im in canada), then i think ill give in for old time sakes.

Also, im particular interested in Manual, how is it with the nerw defending? and how is Clubs? I have zero interest in playing the tools you usually find on normal ranked and no more interest in the boards leagues....

Im finding the manual play this year online fairly good especially with the divisions; seems to be a proper order in meeting the better players once ya get promoted through the divisions. In division 4 now but struggling now against some of the better manual players:o

Another advantage is that ya can more or less avoid playing assisted players online as there seems to be alot more playing this year..

Defending is hard to master at first and ya reallly do have to think about keeping the structure of the defence in order, as ya can get punished by the attack especially offline which is ridiculously tough this year!

All in all its a good fifa but I can see why it can frustrate the hell out of people cos ya have to think playing it, more so than previous yrs..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

miralize wrote: »
    Clubs was alive and strong until Mw3.. Hoping to revive it soon over xmas though!

We should have a few boards.ie FIFA Club MW3 games. I think yourself, myself, flyod and bassman on on it fairly regularily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fffs always getting disconnected from games now.Complete bull****.And I dunno why.Cause i dont lose connection to the PSN only the ea servers

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Anybody else having trouble with the game making the ps3 freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Haven't really played FIFA 12 as much as I would other years because of MW3 but I thought I'd give it a proper go tonight for a few hours....3 disconnections in a row in ranked games....that's me done with it! And it's not my internet connection, it was just the EA servers that kept kicking me out!

And I was leading in two out of the 3 games :( I love having my DNF at 0% (which I did all through 11) and tonight has cost me 7%...I'm not going ranked online for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Anybody else having trouble with the game making the ps3 freeze
    You probably have that sorted by now, but that was a problem with the last squad update. To solve, simply delete the update and update again.

Getting this again for Christmas! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Was playing a lad last night in H2H seasons, I needed a win for promotion. He went 3-1 up so after the third goal I paused it to change my team around, as I was changing my team he quit and I ended up getting promoted, he then started sending me abuse calling me a cheat and a "lozer", some people:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Bugg wrote: »
    Was playing a lad last night in H2H seasons, I needed a win for promotion. He went 3-1 up so after the third goal I paused it to change my team around, as I was changing my team he quit and I ended up getting promoted, he then started sending me abuse calling me a cheat and a "lozer", some people:rolleyes:

Ye sorry about that , there's a good chane it could of been me I'm a trash talker

Advertisement