Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ye sorry about that , there's a good chane it could of been me I'm a trash talker
    Seriously? That could of been you? What are the odds on that in H2H seasons being matched up with someone else on boards.

And why would you admit it could have been you....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Digitalism wrote: »
    Ye sorry about that , there's a good chane it could of been me I'm a trash talker
    Seriously? That could of been you? What are the odds on that in H2H seasons being matched up with someone else on boards.

And why would you admit it could have been you....

Maybe because I was taking the pis* Einstein :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

stop playing this for a while as my connection was dodgy. played it last few days i mostly use barca as they suit my style of play :D in division 6 now. finding it difficult, smashed a controller in fustration :D hadnt played ulimate team in about a month until tonight. i did two offline tournements. every single game somebody got injured. wtf. is that down to the update???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

There is no real improvements over Fifa 11 and they got rid of the pressure button (usually in Fifa holding X would chase the ball

Is the pressure button not RB now?
    Works for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

peno's are **** in this game..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    peno's are **** in this game..

How do you propose they have them?

Did you prefer last year's penalties where all you had to do hold the analogue towards the top-corner and you would pretty much score every team, even if the 'keeper dives the right way?

At least there is some element of skill involved in penalty taking this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just threw a game on there, got a few minutes into the match when I realized their were only 6 outfield players on the pitch for me... :confused:
    Missing a striker, two wingers and a CAM. If found, please return to LFC. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Has anyone else being having the problem where the system (ps3) just freezes when you try and change the formation.

Has been happing to me in both the edit teams in the main menu and the set up before a match. Starting to boil my piss at this stage

I haven't been able to get into a tournament game of Ultimate Team all evening.

Just says there was an error connecting to UT and you'll be returned to the arena when i click on tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

What camera settings do you guys use? Can't seem to get the one I had for Fifa 11 and I've since sold on last year's game :(

• Advertisement

Renn wrote: »
    What camera settings do you guys use? Can't seem to get the one I had for Fifa 11 and I've since sold on last year's game :(

Tele Broadcast, I think. The default one.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Renn wrote: »

Anyone else find the camera settings in the San Siro and St. James' Park extremely hard to play with? I'm constantly getting matched up with Milan at home, where the camera zooms in considerably compared to other stadiums. Obviously the elevation/zoom can be altered but it's still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Tough night of FIFA UT tonight. Recording for series and all but one / two matches dropped from server...Then towards the end, guests weren't able to play despite being signed in and joined. Crazy!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I can't find my statistics when I sign online into my fifa account, have they removed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Hey guys,

Just recently got Eircom Broadband so I can finally get FIFA 12 online. However, every time I try to 'search' for a game, it says it has found an opponent, but then it just says "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again." I presume this is to do with my firewall/port settings? Does anyone have a link/info on what to open and how in order to be able to play with Eircom broadband?

Any help would be much appreciated, lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

A few rants I need to get off my chest.

Some of the stadiums are simply un-useable for me with that stupid shadow covering half the pitch during daytime games, it's difficult to see the ball at times, the same goes for the games played in the snow.

The annoying scoreboard that appears at kick off after a goal, get off the ****ing screen I can't see what's going on in the game, the thing stays there for about 10 seconds.

The delay in offside decisions can be a pain too, if you watch closely, there are times when the ball is played through, the player is actually onside but offside is given. I suppose **** linesmen add to the overall realistic feel.

Also some of the english players are stupidly over-rated, Andy Carroll being the prime example.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any help would be much appreciated, lads. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300650

First link on that thread should help.

dhmusic wrote: »
    The delay in offside decisions can be a pain too, if you watch closely, there are times when the ball is played through, the player is actually onside but offside is given. I suppose **** linesmen add to the overall realistic feel.

I don't know. I think the game is actually pretty accurate when it comes to offsides. Too accurate. I don't think anyone would mind if they let those absolute fractional decisions go.

Maybe they just look onside but they're actually not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Axwell wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300650

First link on that thread should help.

Thanks a million mate, will give this a go now. Much obliged. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

These ****ing EA servers are haughing a laugh. Three games in a row disconnected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Well guys whats the story, just got the game today. Haven't played a match online yet but have it all set up, can anyone fill me in on the ultimate team and/or the creation centre? Both seem pretty cool and wouldn't mind using both, looking through teams online there and wouldn't mind downloading the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kyiv, anyone done does before? Whats the verdict?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Well guys whats the story, just got the game today. Haven't played a match online yet but have it all set up, can anyone fill me in on the ultimate team and/or the creation centre? Both seem pretty cool and wouldn't mind using both, looking through teams online there and wouldn't mind downloading the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kyiv, anyone done does before? Whats the verdict?

Woah, wait, what? You can download teams? Since when? How? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Woah, wait, what? You can download teams? Since when? How? Where?

Yep! Done it myself in the end, typed FIFA 12 creation centre into google, set up an account with EA, link it to your ps3/xbox account and then scroll through teams/players and even tournaments (:eek:) that other people have made and you can use in your game! Have to say I was very impressed, just downloaded 2 teams myself today, Shakhtar & Dynamo but was very impressed, wouldn't even be able to tell that another user had made them.

On another note, ventured into the Ultimate team in the end and found it very entertaining, only played about 4/5 games though but when I was signing players tonight once or twice it came up "Duplicate - do stuff here" and the game froze, couldn't click on anything. Seems a few people have come across this but no solution, anyone here have an experience of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What's the story with penalty shootouts online? I'm on UPC 30 meg and can never score online due to the penalty lag. It's really, really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

How do you play a match against someone while being on the same team as a friend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

14murphy wrote: »
    How do you play a match against someone while being on the same team as a friend ?

It's called 2v2
    On the Xbox live section there should be something called games modes and then match lobbies and under that is 2v2.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

14murphy wrote: »

i use pro clubs about 4 of 5 of mates on same team with one/computer controlling the remaing players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Can I get this anywhere for Xbox 2nd hand or cheap. 26 gbp on amazon. Is there any deals on game or hmv?

Can anyone tell me how long the cup window is open for as I won't be home until Monday night and would like to enter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Steo_123

What's your opinion on the referee's decisions in fifa 12.
    I personally think their crap.

Have you ever taken the ball cleanly from someone's feet with a standing tackle and get booked or something similar.

Let me know your opinions.

Advertisement