Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Steo_123 wrote: »
    What's your opinion on the referee's decisions in fifa 12.
    I personally think their crap.

Have you ever taken the ball cleanly from someone's feet with a standing tackle and get booked or something similar.

Let me know your opinions.

Awful to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The referee's are piss poor in FIFA 12.

But in fairness to EA, if you look at the Premier League lately, that just makes the game more realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Lads what's with the poor visibility when playing in the snow it's way too bright really hard to play bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I find referees only call a foul if you're in possession of the ball. If you've just passed the ball and get tackled late and do a million flips in the air it doesn't get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Steo_123 wrote: »
    What's your opinion on the referee's decisions in fifa 12.
    I personally think their crap.

Have you ever taken the ball cleanly from someone's feet with a standing tackle and get booked or something similar.

Let me know your opinions.

They are absolutely terrible. Was playing H2H earlier and I get a player sent off when I slide tackled a player and won the ball. Then I got a peno when they tackled me and won the ball. 2 ridiculous decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

They are absolutely terrible. Was playing H2H earlier and I get a player sent off when I slide tackled a player and won the ball. Then I got a peno when they tackled me and won the ball. 2 ridiculous decisions!

Just shows how realistic the game is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Can you not choose to change commentators on the Playstation 2 version of the game?

I can't seem to find how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Trying to play an online H2H Seasons match now and I'm getting the message: "There was a problem with the online roster check. Please try again later."

This ever happen to anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

How do the leaderboards work?

The person top of the Seasons leaderboard has 1,042 wins, yet the person who is top in the Top 100 leaderboard only has 317 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ConorBF1 wrote: »
    How do the leaderboards work?

The person top of the Seasons leaderboard has 1,042 wins, yet the person who is top in the Top 100 leaderboard only has 317 wins.

How can someone have played that amount of games never mind win all of that:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Fowler87 wrote: »
    How can someone have played that amount of games never mind win all of that:eek:
    Either its multiple users using the same account, or someone who has no life outside of xbox.

Does anyone else keep getting randomly signed out of the EA servers? I have so many losses on H2H because of it! It's really fcuking annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Does anyone else keep getting randomly signed out of the EA servers? I have so many losses on H2H because of it! It's really fcuking annoying!

It happens to me once every few matches i'd say. Drives me up the bloody wall, Especially when I'm a goal or two up and with a few minutes to go and BANG!! I Get signed out of EA'S servers....

ARGHH!!!!

Saaron wrote: »
    It happens to me once every few matches i'd say. Drives me up the bloody wall, Especially when I'm a goal or two up and with a few minutes to go and BANG!! I Get signed out of EA'S servers....

ARGHH!!!!

Yeah, that happened me, 4-1 up in the 86th min, sorry you have lost your connection to the EA servers, It's a load of bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,144 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

lads any help on how to win more headers.. seem to never win that many.

When win header from corner normally blaze it over the bar? any advice?

xbox360 is the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

can someone explain to me why when in ulimate team and h2h matches everytime i go on the attack to opps box is full of players and cant get thru them yet the min the opp the attack i have the defence for them to get through. no matter what formation being used same to happens. the refs are a diaster in the game. constantly giving away free kicks that arent even free kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just got booted from the EA servers. 3-1 up in my 1st Division 5 game. On a 12 game winning streak. Unbeaten in 20. Frustration isn't the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

lads any help on how to win more headers.. seem to never win that many.

When win header from corner normally blaze it over the bar? any advice?

xbox360 is the console.

I usually try to point the directional button in the opposite direction to where I want to head the ball, you don't get as much power in the header but a few of them will creep in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I dont know if i have been hacked or not or maybe its the EA server that has been hacked but anyway....

I put on Fifa yesterday and all the players names are just complete jibber,just random letters,some of the players dont even have a name yet the game calls them their real names so for instance Rooney is called Rooney but in the squad menu he is called rodriguez Venta,Danny Welbeck is called D.Wade,Messi is called Messeh or something.

Anyone else having this problem?

My Ultimate Team hasnt been touched at all

How do you change commentators on Playstation 2 version?

• Advertisement

I dont know if i have been hacked or not or maybe its the EA server that has been hacked but anyway....

I put on Fifa yesterday and all the players names are just complete jibber,just random letters,some of the players dont even have a name yet the game calls them their real names so for instance Rooney is called Rooney but in the squad menu he is called rodriguez Venta,Danny Welbeck is called D.Wade,Messi is called Messeh or something.

Anyone else having this problem?

My Ultimate Team hasnt been touched at all

no but i have heard of this before. i think if u do a squad reset or a squad update it should solve the problem

Neeson wrote: »
    How do you change commentators on Playstation 2 version?

On xbox its customise fifa - Game Settings - Audio - then third option down

no but i have heard of this before. i think if u do a squad reset or a squad update it should solve the problem

I think i fixed it. I went into the xbox memory and deleated the last squad update and they seem to be back to normal now. Thank god i didnt get hacked.

Cheers for that deafroadrunner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

can someone explain to me why when in ulimate team and h2h matches everytime i go on the attack to opps box is full of players and cant get thru them yet the min the opp the attack i have the defence for them to get through. no matter what formation being used same to happens. the refs are a diaster in the game. constantly giving away free kicks that arent even free kick.
    Are you using ultra attacking?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

does anyone know how to turn off the in game stats that come up during a game, they just end up stopping me from seeing some of my players. its a pointless feature too as in most games u dont have time to look at them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I always use Spanish commentary these days. Much better than hearing the same old crap over and over again.

Well I'm sure the same happens, but at least I don't understand it!

Plus when you score: "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL" , much more fun.

And there was talk of camera angle earlier, I use Tele with height full and zoomed out as much as possible. Means you can see more of the pitch which is great, esp on manual.

Ahhh EXACTLY why I stopped playing.

Having higher possession isn't an advantage in this game, as once an attack breaks down, all their players get into position, then it's as easy as holding CONTAIN in front of the player you're controlling and you have no space for a shot/cross and you can't get by them.

So if you turn over the ball, they have a spread out defence to attack, and naturally you can't use contain as it only works in positions they can't run i.e passing it around your box.

Awful game, they wanted to remove the ''lack of skill'' involved in previous games yet it takes even less skill now.

Right, I don't think you can change them in the PS2 version. Just stuck with Clive and Andy.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Are you using ultra attacking?

forgive me but ultra attacking???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I always use Spanish commentary these days. Much better than hearing the same old crap over and over again.

Well I'm sure the same happens, but at least I don't understand it!

Plus when you score: "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL" , much more fun.

And there was talk of camera angle earlier, I use Tele with height full and zoomed out as much as possible. Means you can see more of the pitch which is great, esp on manual.

How do you set the commentators to Spanish? Do you need the rest of the game to be in Spanish also? I only get the English commentators.

Advertisement