Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

LukeS_ wrote: »
    How do you set the commentators to Spanish? Do you need the rest of the game to be in Spanish also? I only get the English commentators.

Everything else is still in English. You can see how to change it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Anyone know does FIFA 12 have a master league like pro evo? As in pick a crap 3rd division side and play with them bringing them through to the premiership and playing for 15 plus seasons like can be done in pro evo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Ultimate Team is similar in that you start with a group of mediocre players and can buy and trade better players. But it's not just a case of assembling the best players out there and away you go. Team chemistry is affected by the formation you play, the nationality of the players and what leagues they come from etc. It's good but can be equally frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

man oh man it is annoying having those cut-back* goals scored against you in ultimate team

*I'm using the politically correct term for them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

can someone explain to me why when in ulimate team and h2h matches everytime i go on the attack to opps box is full of players and cant get thru them yet the min the opp the attack i have the defence for them to get through. no matter what formation being used same to happens. the refs are a diaster in the game. constantly giving away free kicks that arent even free kick.

Using the left or right on the d-pad you change your teams mentality from ultra defensive to ultra attacking .(other options too)
    Sounds like who you were playing had ultra defensive on so all their players were staying back and getting behind the ball :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,144 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lads is it only Tactical defending in H2H that you can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Anyone know how much this is in Xtravision now? Have a voucher but didn't see any in the local store and hadn't time to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lads is it only Tactical defending in H2H that you can use?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Soby wrote: »
    Using the left or right on the d-pad you change your teams mentality from ultra defensive to ultra attacking .(other options too)
    Sounds like who you were playing had ultra defensive on so all their players were staying back and getting behind the ball :)

i get ya now. so they must be keep switching it.

is it imagination or has the refs gone appalling over the last 2 weeks i keep giving away frees for challenges that shouldn be frees yet if i get mauled its play on. WTF:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much this is in Xtravision now? Have a voucher but didn't see any in the local store and hadn't time to ask.

€35.00 pre-owned (probably wont have an online pass though) and €54.99 new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Anyone know how to get Spanish commentary on XboX 360 ? Gutted its not there.

14murphy wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get Spanish commentary on XboX 360 ? Gutted its not there.

Did you check the settings screen?... Under Audio?..... from the main menu and not while in a game.
    It can't be changed mid-game.

Yeh I did it only Gives me the two sets of english lads, french and dutch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just in case your missing something. I have mine in Spanish, much less annoying. I'm PS3 though not Xbox.

With FIFA 10 I think you had to download the different voice packs from the PSN store, they were all free bar the Clive Tyldesley/Townsend pack, but last year they were all accessible in game.
    You just couldn't change them mid-game.

I tried out most of them last year, from the main languages anyway and the Spanish was by far the most realistic, I played the last 2/3 months of FIFA 11 with it, never thought to change it until it was mentioned in this thread(new commentary with Smith being the main factor) but I'm back to it again now.

Could it have something to do with the memory on the discs and pa3 having it while Xbox do t. Has anyone got it on Xbox ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Bit random this, but just watched KSI's new video here:

Skip to 6:45 approx, and hes playing kirk the dog, who im pretty sure posts here on boards, as I think I played him in a boards competition a few years ago on fifa 11 or fifa 10 I think, what a jammy peno too :P

bit random as I said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah he plays on the Xbox FIFA 12 leagues here, not this season though. What a mistake that was for KSI's equalizer, passes it straight to Gervinho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just a question about the squad updates.

can you only used the updated squads on matches on xbox live?

For example you play with the updated squads on head to head season matches but not on custom head to head games. And if I'm playing a mate beside me in exhibition mode it uses the default

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I also noticed Kirk The Dog in KSI's video. In general I think he trys far too hard to be funny in his videos and for 75% of them only a 12 year old would laugh, but I have to admit I was laughing away a few times in that vid.

Afaik Kirk The Dog is Joe123 on boards? I recall playing Clubs with him and also his posts complaining about FIFA every year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hope someone can help...
    I have Fifa 12 on PC. Don't have it updated past the first squad update I think.
    Can't update it as the computer it's installed on doesn't have Net/Wireless.

Anyway the problem started occuring 4/5 seasons into a career mode with Barcelona. I like to bring young players in through the scout system so I had been scouting since day one.
    Now if I try scouting certain countries I have scouted a lot (Spain/Argentina etc) all I see is 'Manuel Navarro' for every player name and even when I try to hire a new scout most of the scouts are called Manuel Navarro!
    I have one youth player called Manuel Navarro in my first team, I have tried releasing him but the problem still persists. any ideas?!
    I don't want to lose 8 seasons of career mode!

Advertisement