Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sweetpatch.tv also conducted an interview at Gamescom from community questions. Some things we knew, other bits are new. Interesting to see that the ground cross may be more useful.

http://www.sweetpatch.tv/index.cfm?articleid=7268
    Question by Adam Ladd: How do you plan to combat/discourage quitters online?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: The new Head to Head Seasons feature places everyone in their own season. Quitting hurts people in a more visual way; they have less games to earn points to be promoted. In addition, we are 'ring fencing' based on your quit percentage. The more you quit, the more you play other quitters.

Question by David Coolledge: When is multiplatforming going to come in and will there be an online mode such as platform vs platform in the leaderboards?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Platform vs. Platform leaderboards are possibilities on our website, but actual PS3 vs 360 gameplay online is not possible. That's something that's out of our hands.

Question by David Coolledge: How will the injury impact work online, players purely taking certain players out to destroy the chances of the other team winning is a high possibility?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Game ending injuries will not be in online, for this reason.

Question by Jack Dee: Will EA servers be more reliable and if so how are they going to do it?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: We have placed a very big focus on bug fixing and testing in OTP/Clubs this year. That should help to ensure you get a much more stable experience in FIFA 12.

Question by Wesley Winter: Will the online head to head points system be changed, particularly in terms of what happens after someone quits out on you?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: This has all been changed with the new Head to Head Seasons feature. Someone quitting on you will give you 3 points for your season. For them, a quit means one less game for their season to try to get enough points to be promoted.

Question by Dean Coombes: Will there be an Online Tournament section like we saw in the World cup game and previous gen games such as FIFA 06/07?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Yes, there will be cups as part of the new Head to Head Seasons feature in online this year.

Clubs
    Question by Karl Mason: In FIFA 12 how will the game play out? In Pro Clubs there was either speed lag, controller delay or you get disconnected from EA servers will they fix that?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Yes, we have been working hard to fix bugs and lag in Clubs for FIFA 12.

Question by Karl Mason: Will the Virtual Pro accomplishments be earned the same way as 11?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Yes, but they have been tuned, as well as the unlocks.

EA SPORTS Football Club
    Question by Dean Coombes: Will EA SPORTS Football Club be combined console wide so you carry your stats over and onto future games?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Our vision for the future is that you will have one persistent identity that travels with you, across platforms and through the years.

Ultimate Team
    Question by Bradley Powell: When is Ultimate Team gonna come in on FIFA 12?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Launch!

Social Media
    Question by Alexander Lucas: Will there be any Facebook/Twitter connectivity with FIFA 12?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Through Football Club, you'll be able to push your accomplishment and news to your social channels. Much of this functionality is also available through EA SPORTS Football.

Tactical Defending
    Question by Gordan Davis: The introduction of Tactical Defending caters more to the 'hardcore' players instead of the emphasis placed on 'casual' players in previous games. Does this mark a change in approach for future FIFA games?

Answer by Aaron McHardy: I think the addition of Tactical Defending actually benefits both crowds hugely, and in some cases may even help the casual players more. The feature is more difficult and skilful to master, which is why I think our hardcore players will love it. However, what it does is open up the game a bit and gives everyone a lot more time on the ball. This last part is very important to our casual users who may have found the game a bit challenging when they started out in years past. This is why I love this feature so much... everyone wins.

Impact Engine
    Question by Darragh McCallin: What is the best thing about the Player Impact Engine?

Answer by Aaron McHardy: I think the best thing about the impact engine is the way that the players preserve momentum when colliding with other players this year. The way the players fight for possession this year just feels way more realistic.

Question by Theo Thomas: Will the new dynamic injuries be visible, for instance if a player got tackled with his leg planted and the new tackling engine caused his leg to bend in a very bad way, would the game recognise this and result in the player having a broken leg?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Yes. Maybe not a broken leg, but the new engine can measure force put on joints and limbs and determine if an injury should result.

Question by Lawry Perkins: How have you insured that, with the new impact engine, not all the players in a match get injured straight away, considering how easy it was to get injured in FIFA 11?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Yes, injury frequency has been tuned to prevent this.
    Answer by Aaron McHardy: Also, we have an injury frequency slider that will allow you to change how tough the players are, and what levels of trauma they can take, in order to increase or decrease the frequency of injuries this year.

Question by Gordan Davis: Will all physical interactions and collisions, not just those resulting in fouls, contribute to the True Injury threshold? Will player collisions affect player performances, similar to stamina fatigue? e.g. if Van Persie gets hit in the left leg a few times, his pace and shooting may go down?

Answer by Aaron McHardy: Not every hit will directly affect the attributes of a player, but players can take on different severities of injuries that will definitely affect their attributes.

FIFA 12 General Questions
    Question by Max Kyu: What makes FIFA 12 the best game yet of the FIFA franchise? What particular aspects do you think will make it that much more enjoyable for players to play it?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: Wow, where to start? The gameplay is revolutionary, the career mode is polished and improved, the online is deeper and more rewarding... it's all miles above FIFA 11.

Question by Marcello Nóbrega: What would you rather; completely flawless gameplay but poor authenticity or perfect authenticity with muddled gameplay?

Answer by Dave Rutter: That probably depends on where I was in my football life. When I was young it was about hero worship – so 'Likenesses' were important. The older I got, the team I supported became more important, so 'Attributes' and 'Likenesses' became more important. These days, now I'm old, it's more about how the game is played – so I'd probably say Gameplay over Authenticity... but it's all important to the team.

Question by Nidge Morrison: For the future for the FIFA series what would you like to see included to enhance the game and keep FIFA fans playing ?

Answer by Dave Rutter: We have lots of ideas – but we're keeping them pretty secret. The big one this year is the EA SPORTS Football Club – keeping every game relevant, connecting you more deeply with your friends, injecting real football events and allowing you to pledge your allegiance to your favourite team and help or hinder their success
    against fans of other teams.

Question by Babzta Afrolabi: Have you made crossing harder?

Answer by Aaron McHardy: We have made a number of changes to our crossing system, the most important of which is to improve the targeting of the triple tap ground cross. The new changes to that system make the feature much more exciting and rewarding to use.

Question by Gordan Davis: As a developer, do you find it frustrating that the press is too positive in their feedback, and thus difficult to pinpoint the flaws and areas needed for improvement?

Answer by Garreth Reeder: No, as the community is generally as critical as the press is positive! It balances out.

Personal Questions for Dave Rutter
    Question by Aaron Agnew: What has been your best FIFA game and why?

Answer by Dave Rutter: Of the ones I've been involved in making – my fave is usually the one I am making. FIFA 12 is pretty special this year.

Question by Daniel S. Griffiths: If you were a soup, what flavour soup would you be?

Answer by Dave Rutter: A friend suggested I was French onion - a little crusty on top, kind of cheesy too...

Question by Luke Fox: If you were Heskey for one day what would you do?

Answer by Dave Rutter: Ha ha. Loaded question. Perhaps resign on a short deal with Leicester to help them back to the Prem ?

Question by Joe Turnbull: Will England have a special trait to knock them out of every major competition?

Answer by Dave Rutter: LOL. Absolutely not.

Question by Elliot Briggs: When FIFA International Soccer was released in 1993 did EA SPORTS expect the FIFA series to become so popular and still be sought after so many years later?

Answer by Dave Rutter: I can't speak for the company back then. I know we are always pushing hard to be the best game version of the most popular sport on Earth. Which makes us happy.

Question by Callum Loundes: If you could re-release any version of FIFA that is not released on the Next-Gen consoles, which one would it be?

Answer by Dave Rutter: Not sure that I would – although I'm sure that a lot of the fans would like to see the return of a FIFA with indoor footy...

🤪

Delighted to see some changes to the online set up.

The only thing I'd add which isn't there is a quick profile of your upcoming opponent.

Finally they've went some way to change the 5 star abuse, could never understand how a pre-pick system wasn't in place before.

The season mode was in the WC game so anyone who had that and played ''ranked'' would be familiar with it.
    And a cup mode is so much better then just idle ranked games(shame there's no groups like the WC game)

I really couldn't understand how these two ideas weren't implemented from the WC game, was a nice change of pace from the usual one off Chelsea/Madrid games.

Only disappointment is that clubs is left unchanged.
    The accomplishment method to improving players is flawed especially when to counter act it the team is filled with AI players who move and play like they're 55 rated.

I think Clubs would have been best put like ''FIWC'' where every player is 86 and just let everyone play on an even field.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ask any hardcore clubs player and they will tell you that minor details like how you level your pro, are unimportant. People will just hack their pro's anyway.

What actually matters is stability. Fifa 11 clubs mode was a complete and utter mess. Constant lag and dropouts throughout the year, games not counting because of people lagging out, game breaking trigger glitch, and ofcourse, the 100 strength 100 speed 100 everything hack that popped up for the last 3 months of Fifa 11.

They claim to be working hard to eliminate this. I have my doubts but we shall wait and see.

Beyond lag-free gaming, the match-making needs an overhaul. 8,000 point teams shouldn't be getting matched up with 200 point teams. It's so flawed and needs fixing.

Some club news (although word is that they are fixing 11 rather than improving...FIFA 13 on the other hand.......)

All from @RomilyBroad
    @BertHasard @MadeFade matchmaking will be better. Gameplay wise obviously lots has changed on the pitch generally

@Trojan_iNc we're really serious about Clubs. Lots of work done this year to make it better. And then work starts on more.

@bennyboy599 it's hacking. People getting round console security and changing their VP stats. We have a fix for FIFA 12.

@JaminTastic there's some stuff on the site and in our forum about it. It's all about tweaking and stabalising this year.

#FIFA12 Clubs: New and edited VP accomplishments. Eg, mids can now earn some defensive accomplishments.

#FIFA12 Clubs: Club invites/requests appear on main menu (not lost in player hub).

#FIFA12 Clubs: Friends Records has a dedicated screen.

#FIFA12 Clubs: More player stats in Clubs for mids/defenders.

#FIFA12 Clubs: New My Pro menu in clubs for easy access to editing pro and viewing accomplishments.

#FIFA12 Clubs: top speed for small pros has been dialled back a touch.

#FIFA12 Clubs: Added some long term, tough-to-get VP accomplishments for the hardcore fans out there.

#FIFA12 Clubs: Tuned unlocks so that the cooler items are obtainable by better players (shoes, gear, etc.)

#FIFA12 Clubs: Tuned some of the accomplishments, and added a few new ones around lay-off passes.

#FIFA12 Clubs: Better reskinned hub screen. Bigger area.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

EA Confirms FIFA 12 Demo Teams and Stadium
    More Fifa 12 news has been released by EA Sports, this time detailing the games impending demo mode. The global demo release will take place on September 13th and an official tweet detailed the teams which will be available on the day.

EA Sports official twitter account said “FIFA 12 demo out 13 September on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Teams are Barcelona, Arsenal, Man City, Marseille, Dortmund and AC Milan.” This has prompted a few questions and much excitement amongst gamers.

In a later update they explained that the games would run for 6 minutes, 3 minutes per half and be played at Manchester Cities Eithad Stadium. The demo will be launched three weeks before the UK release date, on 30th September gamers will be able to pick up a copy on all major platforms.

However, in a slightly controversial move Xbox 360 owners will be able to play the game three days earlier than PS3 owners. They will be able to trade in 2000 Microsoft Points to get their hands on the game or any EA titles, they’ll also be able to buy other downloadable content at a cheaper rate.

• Advertisement

FIFA 12 Demo: Team Ratings

AC-Milan-Rating-220x130.jpgMarseille-Rating-220x130.jpg

Man-City-Rating-220x130.jpgDortmund-Rating-220x130.jpg

Barcelona-Rating-220x130.jpgArsenal-Rating-220x130.jpg

FIFA 12 First Impressions From Gamescom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

fifa 12(special edition) + 3 boxers €41ish
    from here

anyone ever pre ordered from there ? when do they deliver to ireland pre orderd games ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fifa 12(special edition) + 3 boxers €41ish
    from here

anyone ever pre ordered from there ? when do they deliver to ireland pre orderd games ?

you wont get it on release day,I ordered a game off them last yr and it took over a week for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I hope they chnage the penalty and free kick system.

• Advertisement

Much prefer the penalty system I have to say - you actually have to be decent at them. While I suck at free kicks, I'm happy enough with how they work for shooting...For short passes, crosses and slightly longer lobbed frees I would like a bit more accuracy / direction, or a read on where it will end up.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 15 -El-Nino-

I'd love to see Pro Clubs improved, played it for hours with my mates in the previous game but this year's one was frustrating because of...

The woeful connnections, people getting left behind, laggy matches.
    Hacked pros, people with 100% accomplishments. (I got mine to 80% without cheating, couldn't get the freekick and goalie ones)
    Sh*te players for the rest of the team, 5'5" goalies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

NUTZZ wrote: »
    FIFA 12 First Impressions From Gamescom

*give corcaigh €5 euro to talk about Fifa 12*

"oh its a fantastic game, much better than 11. the player impact engine looks so good, the game looks like a real match. Also, David Rutter is a man of unquestionable honour."

FIFA 12 release to see Fulham fans receive exclusive content
    Ahead of the September 30th FIFA 12 UK release date EA Sports and Fulham Football Club have teamed up to offer Fulhman fans additional content

EA Sports has announced that Fulham is the second Premier League side to have penned a deal with the game developer to offer its fans exclusive content in the upcoming FIFA 12 release.

Following the ‘unprecedented’ deal Manchester City signed with FIFA 12 that will see the side’s squad given the 3D head scan treatment EA has revealed Fulham will hold a series of Club events and experiences throughout the year to get the London side’s fans interacting with the football sim.

Whilst a Fulham specific FIFA 12 game sleeve is to be crafted and made available for download for free from the club’s website, a custom FIFA 12 trailer, the luxury caravan-esque variety not the gameplay sort, will be present at Fulham’s Craven Cottage ground on selected match days throughout the season.

With fans set to benefit from additional content opportunities, the Fulham players are also set to get in on the act with a Pro Player Tournament to be held at the team’s training ground to determine the side’s best FIFA star.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Fulham Football Club and look forward to providing a series of FIFA 12 gaming experiences for both fans at Craven Cottage and players at the Motspur Park training ground,” said Nick Harford, Football Business Lead at EA Sports.

Alistair Mackintosh, CEO at Fulham Football Club said: "Partnering with EA SPORTS is a fantastic opportunity to offer our fans a unique gaming experience on match days at the ground, and on-line. We are very excited at the prospect of seeing our players in this state of the art game, and welcome EA SPORTS as Official Video Game Partner."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

When will the demo be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

James__10 wrote: »
    When will the demo be released?

More Fifa 12 news has been released by EA Sports, this time detailing the games impending demo mode. The global demo release will take place on September 13th and an official tweet detailed the teams which will be available on the day.

EA Sports official twitter account said “FIFA 12 demo out 13 September on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Teams are Barcelona, Arsenal, Man City, Marseille, Dortmund and AC Milan.” This has prompted a few questions and much excitement amongst gamers.

In a later update they explained that the games would run for 6 minutes, 3 minutes per half and be played at Manchester Cities Eithad Stadium. The demo will be launched three weeks before the UK release date, on 30th September gamers will be able to pick up a copy on all major platforms.

However, in a slightly controversial move Xbox 360 owners will be able to play the game three days earlier than PS3 owners. They will be able to trade in 2000 Microsoft Points to get their hands on the game or any EA titles, they’ll also be able to buy other downloadable content at a cheaper rate.

Few posts up mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

So where is everybody pre-ordering this year? Any Online retailers that usually deliver a day early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Does this mean if you pay 2000 points you get can buy the game 3 days early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Does this mean if you pay 2000 points you get can buy the game 3 days early ?

This is what t-bone was on about - http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

Essentially the 2000 points gets you an EA season ticket, which entitles you to download and play new EA releases for 3 days before the release date. Once the game is released the download is locked and unplayable. You must then buy the game to continue playing. Any achievements etc. can be carried across to the bought game.

The season ticket seems to be on offer to both Xbox and PS3 players.

Chelsea Become EA SPORTS Partner
    EA SPORTS partnerships are like buses, and the service this week is frequent to say the least with Premier League powerhouse Chelsea now joining the party. But slightly more interesting is that Chelsea appear to have a few extra bits of exclusivity compared to the Championship clubs.

When FIFA 12 launches on Tuesday 30 September, Blues fans will be able to download and print their own free club specific FIFA 12 cover from Chelseafc.com. The cover will feature three star players as well as Stamford Bridge.

Fans should also keep an eye out on match days for a dedicated FIFA 12 gaming hub which will be set up at the ground on selected fixtures throughout the season. You’ll be able to get ready for the match with FIFA 12 and EA SPORTS will also have lots of give-aways and special FIFA challenges.

If you’ve ever wondered who the best Chelsea player is at FIFA, you’ll be able to find out when the gaming hub pays a visit to the training ground to host the first ever Chelsea Pro Player Tournament. Chelsea TV and EA SPORTS will be there to bring you all the action as they find out who is the best Chelsea FC FIFA 12 gamer.

Plus, EA SPORTS will be producing video content including match simulations and stylised player features throughout the season. You will also get the chance to upload your best goals in advance of key fixtures playing as Chelsea in the game.

EA SPORTS promotional creative will also be visible on the club’s website where you’ll be able to see the amazing likenesses of Chelsea players in the game.

Chelsea-580x348.jpg

• Advertisement

This new screenshot is just to annoy Arsenal fans! :pac:

FIFA12_Nasri1-580x328.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The fact that Phil Jones will pop across and block it ain't too annoying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vidic looks terrible. You'd think EA would get him right after 2-3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

This is what t-bone was on about - http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

Essentially the 2000 points gets you an EA season ticket, which entitles you to download and play new EA releases for 3 days before the release date. Once the game is released the download is locked and unplayable. You must then buy the game to continue playing. Any achievements etc. can be carried across to the bought game.

The season ticket seems to be on offer to both Xbox and PS3 players.

what a money gimmick, EA are going to make tousands of this little stunt pack of robbers.

the game looks identical to last years, the gameplay,graphics everything whata shame i just never let myself get excited for fifa anymore just a money racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

J. Marston wrote: »
    Vidic looks terrible. You'd think EA would get him right after 2-3 years of being the best defender around.

fyp. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    fyp. ;)

titus-bramble.jpg

;)

Here's the new FIFA 12 TV advert that aired yesterday during Man United U23's training match against Arsenal in case anyone missed it!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Will you have to pre-order to get the ultimate team packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Le King wrote: »
    So where is everybody pre-ordering this year? Any Online retailers that usually deliver a day early?

Zavvi look the best shout atm...Free delivery to Ireland too

http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?searchFilters=&search=fifa+12

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Zavvi look the best shout atm...Free delivery to Ireland too

http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?searchFilters=&search=fifa+12

You wont get it on release from them though,they normally ship on a wednesday in my experience and it doesn't come then till wednesday/thursday the following week,there incredibly slow but some there prices are good though.

Advertisement