Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

The new button for tackling on the ground is more of a nuisance then anything. I've put it as a button where I won't have to use it at all.

Team mate contain and contain is enough for me when I don't have the ball. I'm happy enough with the demo so far, but I don't think a lot has changed from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Johner wrote: »
    Mine is stuck on 99% as well, did you have to download it again?

I ended up downloading from xbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got it downloaded, not really enjoying it so far. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I see the demo is out in North America at 2pm if I set up a North American account would I be able to download it today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ugh, the more I play the worse it gets.

Really disappointed so far. The game is far too slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Slow you say? I like the sound of that. Won't be able to play until tomorrow though, curses!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Does any one know if we can download it on PS3 if we make American accounts?

Think it should be available at 9pm our time if we have american accounts.

From Twitter:
    EASPORTSFIFA EA SPORTS FIFA
    FIFA12 demo times: Xbox 360 -13th Sept *from* 10am BST/2am PST; PS3 (N America) - 13th Sept *from* 2pm PST; PS3 (EU) - 14 Sept *from* 5pm

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Think it should be available at 9pm our time if we have american accounts.

From Twitter:
    EASPORTSFIFA EA SPORTS FIFA
    FIFA12 demo times: Xbox 360 -13th Sept *from* 10am BST/2am PST; PS3 (N America) - 13th Sept *from* 2pm PST; PS3 (EU) - 14 Sept *from* 5pm

So if I make an american account now I might be able to download it at 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

James__10 wrote: »
    So if I make an american account now I might be able to download it at 9pm?

I'm not sure, but that's what I'm hoping. Maybe someone else can confirm??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I love how every year people generally hate the new game after all of a couple of demo games playing it.

Its the same every year with people either thinking its too slow or too fast.

The real faults of the game dont materialize until a good month or so of playing it.

If its a slower game then im all for it. It was far to easy launch a counter attack in 11.

If only xbox live would start working again. Im getting the "cannot retrieve info" for ages now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Played it for a bit there and have to say im not overly impressed. Its got a new skin and the intros etc are nice, the graphics have been updated and also are an improvement but as usual there are issues in the gameplay. I found they have reduced the speed of all the players and it makes the game feel a bit sluggish, the animation for them running doesnt look great and isnt very smooth. The fast players like Walcott etc have a sligh injection of pace but again overall it just seems slower than 11 and not in a good way. Defending and everything else seems the same, cant say I found it improved at all. In fact I found it worse in some cases, when going to a player to try retrieve the ball you seem to just stand a set distance from them and cant get in beside them a lot of the time, you then have the jostle button now at B where and if you arent close enough you just end up stumbling because you miss the challenge.

They have improved the volleys and I was able to hit a few of those where before the player would have probably headed it or chested it down and took a few touches even though you had been hammering the shoot button. Overall thought I didnt find it vastly different or improved on Fifa 11 but to be honest I wasnt expecting it to be much different so i wasnt that surprised. Generally I find though its not until you get to play other human players you get to see what the game is actually like and how clumsy the defending actually is. Will be interesting to see if they have fixed the issues in clubs aswell.

I haven't played the demo yet, but going on 11 and 10 the demo will be vastly different than the final product.

Same build they would have had at E3 and that which is 3 months+ of release

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I haven't played the demo yet, but going on 11 and 10 the demo will be vastly different than the final product.

Same build they would have had at E3 and that which is 3 months+ of release

Having been at the producers day last year for 11 I can say I didnt find there was much difference between that build (70% complete), the demo, and the final game. Most of the stuff they were working on was clubs and manager mode related at that stage which were locked in the build we played but everything else was open and the main game was pretty much done gameplay wise they said at the time apart from bug fixing and some tweaks. As with that last year it was only when you start playing it with other people the real issues come to the surface as there is only so much you can see and find in 6 minute games against the AI. My first impressions of 11 were it was an improvement on 10, which I still think it was but with that it brough its own issues and bugs, and Im sure 12 will do the same but I dont find it much of a change from 11 even at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I have to admit I like the slower pace of the game. 11 felt too quick at times so I think this is an improvement.

The new defending layout will take time to get used top but it ain't too complicated, a few games should make it second nature.

question here for axwell, I set up a USA account on the psn will I be able to download the demo tonight at 9pm?

Dont have a ps3 so couldnt tell you for sure, I imagine so, people with US accounts have done the same before on xbox for other games, releases etc. I doubt they go to the trouble of checking IP ranges so id imagine if you have a US account then thats enough to give you access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

James__10 wrote: »
    question here for axwell, I set up a USA account on the psn will I be able to download the demo tonight at 9pm?
    not a chance of it been there at 9...usually the store wont update till between 2-5am..

bmcc10 wrote: »
    not a chance of it been there at 9...usually the store wont update till between 2-5am..

ah balls:mad: Was told it would be out at 9pm on the American Store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

maybe theres different regions and time-zones the one i have does,nt change till round these times du n o exact time doh..

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

after all the fuss that was made about the new defending you can simply go back to the old way in the ettings and im guessin the vast majority of online games will go this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

after all the fuss that was made about the new defending you can simply go back to the old way in the ettings and im guessin the vast majority of online games will go this way.

Have you downloaded the demo from somewhere already?

Is it the ps3 one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Bugs from FIFA 11 still in demo:

Chest Animation,
    Forced auto switching when very close to the ball,
    Subs are automatically set as first penalty takers, even when its someone who would never take a penalty.

As for the new defending, i thought it a tackle button would be a great addition, so the AI wouldn't give away fouls. The problem is the AI still sticks a foot out all the time and constantly gives away fouls, when you haven't pressed the tackle button. Also had a foul outside the box given as a penalty which i'm just blaming on it being the demo and not the finished article but still worrying.

I only noticed the "impact engine" once when i miss timed a sliding tackle. I'm really surprised by how similar it is to FIFA 11. Still plenty of bundling through with stronger players. Same scripted positions to score finess shots from.

Pleased that the crosses seem more varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I absolutely love it. Dribbling at pace is the most impressive thing, with players like Messi/Robinho it is devastating.

Cant get enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Could someone briefly explain the new tackling or tackle button??:confused:
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Xbox / PS3 - A/X is the contain button, so player will stay relatively nearby without sticking a foot in unless player runs across him. B / O will instruct your player to make an attempt for the ball - animation can be slow at times...If running alongside or behind, tapping B / O will make your player push or pull the runner to throw them off. RB / R1 will call a teammate.

🤪

What does does the USA store usually get updated at? Supposedly the demo is out at 2pm Usa time/9pm our time

As for my initial impressions:

I like the slower pace in a way, but I'm not finding the "precision dribbling" helpful - seems more awkward and less responsive than previous years. Perhaps I need a MikeyT tutorial :) Playing on Assisted passing, but my players seem to try to play the ball through an opponent each time. Shooting seems better, but I really need to dedicate for long shots and build that bar up!

Tackling will take a little while to get used to - initial impressions are that skill moves could be even more lethal (cue even more games of people waggling the right stick and then sticking up compilations online).

Slower pace means I'm not sure what keepers are like - not that many opportunities in games so far. CPU has scored some nice goals against me :(

🤪

How do you go back to the old way?

Finical wrote: »
    How do you go back to the old way?

In controller settings - under "Auto Switching", "Pass Assistance" and the likes...

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    In controller settings - under "Auto Switching", "Pass Assistance" and the likes...

Cheers. So if I go back the old way I won't have to use the tackle on my feet can simply use X/A to tackle opponents. I don't mind the button it's just I like to put high pressure on people, but it's hard pressing three buttons at once if you know what I mean.

Advertisement