Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 12 - News/Details/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

wat teams are in the demo lads??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Barcelona, Milan, Man City, Dortmund, OM, Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Has anyone opened a US acc and got it from there store yet? (ps3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

So how do you slide tackle?:confused: Will they let you use the normal defending way online yiz reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

It's out on PSN America now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Normal slide tackle button (X/Square). They seem to be matching people based on their settings - teams, manual (I think), so prob this too...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Philly_C wrote: »
    It's out on PSN America now.

No sign of it yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Finical wrote: »
    How do you go back to the old way?

In the controller settings, its something like Tactical defence or Legacy defence

James__10 wrote: »
    No sign of it yet :rolleyes:

Search for it.

Search for it.
    were is it not on mine??

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    were is it not on mine??

Search for it in the US PS store and you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Have to have an American account I think

Search for it in the US PS store and you should find it.
    found it...thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Downloading now through the US Store :D

335 Minutes Left :(

Edit: Now 1% Completed...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Downloading now

332 mins left and at 4%
    Looks like ill have to wait until the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Downloading now through the US Store :D

335 Minutes Left :(

Edit: Now 1% Completed...

335 minutes? WTF

Took me about 30-40 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Keno 92 wrote: »
    335 minutes? WTF

Took me about 30-40 minutes!

Two hours later and it's 61% done.

Guess I must be downloading a secret special edition version :eek: ... or else I've Perlico broadband... :(

the new tackling systems a disaster 1game and i changed it...love the gameplay doh...David Villa in the dem my word:eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im on 3% after around 15 seconds. wonder why others is so slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I have now had several clear last man tackles done to me in the demo and nothing given. This games collision detection is shocking.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/92975966

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I like the new tackling system, but it takes some learning. However, the impact engine has resulted in some dubious decisions - had two clear penalties not awarded. If you can do the old school yard trick of lying down behind someone and making them fall over you, you should be fine :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Love to see the way they have updated the commentary.

If I have to hear "Went in strongly but came out cleanly" game after game I will crack up!

The new defence system is the main difference from previous editions and it will take a bit of getting used to. For the first few games I couldn't get near any of the opposition players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The demo was available in Ireland since yesterday morning on XBL. Had a few games of it late last night. Big meh to be honest.

EA can dress it up all they like but I don't think that 10, 11 or 12 come anywhere near the brilliance of FIFA 09.

Looks like another year of FIFA abstinance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

is this on the ps3 store yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The demo was available in Ireland since yesterday morning on XBL. Had a few games of it late last night. Big meh to be honest.

EA can dress it up all they like but I don't think that 10, 11 or 12 come anywhere near the brilliance of FIFA 09.

Looks like another year of FIFA abstinance!

09 was a pure sprint fest in fairness. Get the ball to Ronaldo or Torres and run to goal. Its improved a fair bit from that imo..

Played it a bit last night, it wasnt too bad. A little different then last years. Im still iffy on defense.

Its all well and good playing with good teams . I want to see what its like playing with mediocre teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Tackling is shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The new tactical defending is very strange. Can see it being very hard to win back possession off someone whos playing keep ball.

It also feels really uncomfortable holding the contain (RB) button, trying to sprint with your own player into a position and holding your thumb over the x,y,a and b buttons.

My big question is will online play let you switch from tactical defending back to legacy defending (the old fifa11,10,9 etc one). If they do then surely they wasted time and effort making tactical defending as everyone will just switch to the old method as its easier and it will seem really pointless promoting a feature no one will use anyways.

Im still trying to figure out the reason they even put the old method of defending in the game seeing as they were trying so hard to promote tactical defending :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

joe123 wrote: »
    The new tactical defending is very strange. Can see it being very hard to win back possession off someone whos playing keep ball.

It also feels really uncomfortable holding the contain (RB) button, trying to sprint with your own player into a position and holding your thumb over the x,y,a and b buttons.

My big question is will online play let you switch from tactical defending back to legacy defending (the old fifa11,10,9 etc one). If they do then surely they wasted time and effort making tactical defending as everyone will just switch to the old method as its easier and it will seem really pointless promoting a feature no one will use anyways.

Im still trying to figure out the reason they even put the old method of defending in the game seeing as they were trying so hard to promote tactical defending :confused:

Totally agree. Really annoying. Only fault so far though really that I have come across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Tbh I like the "new" defending. But I guess this is because I've never really played fifa religiously, only now and again at friends.

Advertisement