Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

and you think you spend a lot on a night out

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

A 30 GRAND tip?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

29 grand tip? I may be drunk, I ain't Feckin stupid...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I was rounding up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Thats just retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Red bull €9 - rip off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

That is awesome! And to think I frag out when I spend more than £20 on a night out here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

That can't be true.

I call Shenanigans

ardinn wrote: »
    Red bull 9 - rip off!

I think the fact it says Las Vegas at the top of the receipt gives it away that its $9?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Starts off so classy. 100k bottle of champagne. Then it descends into Redbulls and Heineken. A good night.

How is it 9 bucks for a Red Bull and then up the receipt it's 50 bucks for a Red Bull split?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I wonder how much they gave the guy in the bathroom with the deodorants and lollipops...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Balfie wrote: »
    I think the fact it says Las Vegas at the top of the receipt gives it away that its $9?

:confused: you just ruined the joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Smyth wrote: »
    Starts off so classy. 100k bottle of champagne. Then it descends into Redbulls and Heineken. A good night.

That's when the Irish lads arrived :pac:

ardinn wrote: »
    :confused: you just ruined the joke!

I must have missed said joke.. Sorry bout that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was wondering where i left that receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Jokes on them.

I spent just €7.25 on six Bavaria.

Bavaria, and listening to The War Of The Worlds and sucking on some Lucky Strike, while posted on boards..and enjoying my own company.

What more could a man want?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

KungPao wrote: »
    Jokes on them.

Bavaria, and listening to The War Of The Worlds and sucking on some Lucky Strike, while posted on boards..and enjoying my own company.

Jokes on you.

Tuborg is €6 for 6 cans and is ****ing lovely, especially after the 2nd or 3rd.

sometimes it has to be strained through a coffee filter to get rid of the free "bits" but its a small price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Good old las vegas prices. Guys at the table next to us had 25k champagne bottles dropped to their table from the ceiling on a zip line with fireworks attached.

We just couldnt compete with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

That can't be true.

I call Shenanigans

you obviously never heard of bottle service http://www.lavishvegas.com/bottle_service.htm

wynn has $100,000 bottles of champagne on its bottle service menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Jokes on you.

Tuborg is €6 for 6 cans and is ****ing lovely, especially after the 2nd or 3rd.

sometimes it has to be strained through a coffee filter to get rid of the free "bits" but its a small price to pay.

I like the "especially after the 2nd or 3rd" as if to say the first and perhaps second are barely drinkable.

I used to drink that stuff years ago, but found it to be very fizzy...is it the same?

Better than the Dutch though, that **** was flat the second I opened it!

TSZZZZZZZzzzzzz......yep it's flat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Jokes on them.

Well right now, an old fashioned would do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

rossie1977 wrote: »

what a $hit receipt for a uber expensive place.

lidl have better looking ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I like the "especially after the 2nd or 3rd" as if to say the first and perhaps second are barely drinkable.

I used to drink that stuff years ago, but found it to be very fizzy...is it the same?

Better than the Dutch though, that **** was flat the second I opened it!

TSZZZZZZZzzzzzz......yep it's flat.

honestly, the first usually tastes pretty nasty, but then its all WIN.

Its pretty fizzy i guess, but still in acceptable levels.
    We always have this debate while drinking it, but i stand by it, tuborg is better than Bavaria, Carlsberg, Heineken, Dutch Mould, Stella and most others.

If you've ever poured a can of "Excelsior" (Lidl beer, currently on special 8 500ml cans for €5) you'll see how fizzy a beer can get. that thing makes its own head and doesnt stop for 5 min or 5cm, whichever comes last.

That stuff doesnt get good till you hit the 4th or 5th, but it works pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Elisabeth Blanctorche

Wynn / Encore are the best places to stay in Vegas

The guy who owns them "Steve Wynn" is a vegan and all 18 restaurants in the hotel have vegan options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I was in a club in London where some of the chelsea football players go a couple of years ago. (A friend of my ex took us there he was friends with the head of security). We were sat in the VIP section and he gave me the wine list. One of the bottels of champagne cost 29,000 pounds sterling!

The guy who took us is French Algieren and said that one night he was in there talking to one of the French players and he bought a bottle and gave him a drink from it. Said it tasted no better then a 100 pound bottle.

Some people have more money then they know what to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Can't believe in the last nine posts not one person has talked about all the flange in the photos of that club.....so I will, They are nothing more than a bunch of half dressed drunken hussies...

I wish I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It looks like they actually took the tip twice. Still, I'm sure whichever millionaire was paying the bill didn't notice.

Also, did they tax the tip, too? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

sdonn wrote: »
    It looks like they actually took the tip twice. Still, I'm sure whichever millionaire was paying the bill didn't notice.

Also, did they tax the tip, too? :P

I love when they add the service charge and then leave a blank gratuity line hoping you don't notice. Grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

I'd hate to be the person that had to pay for that round, but knowing 'merica its probably a typical tab for the jersey shore crew :pac:

Advertisement