Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRPs in Geography

• 13-05-2011 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Can anyone explain what classifies as an SRP?

Like when explaining the formation of igneous rocks
    Intrusive Igneous Rocks are formed inside the earths surface
    is that an SRP? Or do you need to say they cool quickly forming large crystals etc?

Im so confused. I know you usually name the rock and place which are SRP's/// but I just don't know if im doing these right :S

Or for Culture in say India.
    1,600 languages are spoken in India
    Does that count as an SRP?

If not could anyone give me a few sample SRP's. I only picked up geography, and I did an exam question last night and it took me 1hr20 mins to write what I thought was needed... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

apkbarry wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what classifies as an SRP?

Like when explaining the formation of igneous rocks
    Intrusive Igneous Rocks are formed inside the earths surface
    is that an SRP? Or do you need to say they cool quickly forming large crystals etc?

Im so confused. I know you usually name the rock and place which are SRP's/// but I just don't know if im doing these right :S

Or for Culture in say India.
    1,600 languages are spoken in India
    Does that count as an SRP?

If not could anyone give me a few sample SRP's. I only picked up geography, and I did an exam question last night and it took me 1hr20 mins to write what I thought was needed... :(

The main thing with SRP'S is that they are in the right context for the question. I remember viewing my repeat geog script and I was marked down from 80/80 in geoecology to 30marks (Costing me my A1 :( ) because the marking scheme had been changed so that each SRP had to directly refer to the climate- so be careful!

It might be an idea to make each point a loaded sentence-
    Over 1600 languages are spoken in India, with Hindi being the official state language.
    Intrusive Igneous Rocks are formed inside the earths surface through the cooling and solidifaction of magma.

In this way you are sure that you'l get a SRP for it.
    In each essay aim to get at least 15 SRP's, try to get more. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

repeatLC wrote: »
    The main thing with SRP'S is that they are in the right context for the question. I remember viewing my repeat geog script and I was marked down from 80/80 in geoecology to 30marks (Costing me my A1 :( ) because the marking scheme had been changed so that each SRP had to directly refer to the climate- so be careful!

It might be an idea to make each point a loaded sentence-
    Over 1600 languages are spoken in India, with Hindi being the official state language.
    Intrusive Igneous Rocks are formed inside the earths surface through the cooling and solidifaction of magma.

In this way you are sure that you'l get a SRP for it.
    In each essay aim to get at least 15 SRP's, try to get more. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply! It's more or less what I thought, maybe if they like my script they may be nice! But yeah, your SRP's make more sense.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry about your A1 =/ I don't understand much of Geography, hated having to take it up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure whatever number of SRPs you have, they are all aimed at answering the question.

Advertisement