Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just want to say....

• 13-05-2011 4:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Happy 1st 'anniversary' of moving to America to me! :D

This day last year I made the move from Ireland to West Coast America, and I'm glad I did.
    Got the green card so I was lucky to move legally.

If you're debating whether you should or not, I say go for it. You can always move home.

1 year down, God knows how many to go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

That's just what I needed to hear :-)

If\When I get the green card I'm planning on going but I will be on my own.

Having a few doubts, not knowing anyone, no where to live, not knowing anywhere and for the first time since I left college being unemployed (for a short time hopefully)

It's not really putting me off, just now and then it a bit Scary!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant stuff, can't believe I am over 6 years here. Feels like yesterday I handed in my visa packet at the airport to a friendly immigration officer who was very nice to me as I nervous enough about the whole move. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Yeah it's a scary move. I was still doubting myself on the plane.
    I didn't have any idea where I was going, never mind work/apartments etc. I literally landed in LA, spent the night there and then drove to where I live now. Spent 2 weeks sorting out accommodation, bank a/c's, ssn, car etc.

I've settled in and started making friends. Came over with my boyfriend so had some company which definitely helped.

It's natural to be nervous. But I wouldn't let it stop you. Hope you get your visa.

Time must fly RUU. Glad yours was a good move too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'd love to live in America however getting a visa is a nightmare it seems. I've tried the green card lottery a few times and had no luck. Must try again this year.

Advertisement