Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Restrictions for the Queen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Daegerty wrote: »
    AS long as there is no codology tomorrow I'm grand. I have to go to the airport tomorrow. should leave a bit early?

Queen is coming Friday, not tomorrow, so you'll be grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

hey there

This may sound like a silly question but it didn't mention specifically no parking from 18:00 today on father mathew quay/morrisons quay.

I am trying to go to rivers edge gym after work for 6 and am currently parked on father mathew quay.

Do you think I should move to rivers edge own car park?? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

jillyb wrote: »
    Do you think I should move to rivers edge own car park?? thanks

Yes. They start lifting after about 7pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi all - no bother driving into the city this morning - I was all prepared with my Driving license on seat, ready for long delays etc. Not a bother. Barriers will be up from 10.00 though. But touch wood - so far so good. Felt so proud this morning to turn on Daybreak TV (ITV) and Richard Gaisford was outside the English Market - and I thought millions are watching this now, Cork looks FANTASTIC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Judes wrote: »
    Cork looks FANTASTIC!!!

well, the part that will appear on TV anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

When's she due today?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

FTGFOP wrote: »
    When's she due today?

I thought it was lunchtime, but can't find anything on the web. I want to go for a look!

Yeah I found one article saying lunchtime. I was down on Bridge St. a while ago. I hadn't planned on going anywhere near the place today but seeing the streets shut makes me want to go down again for some reason. I'm weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Yeah I found one article saying lunchtime. I was down on Bridge St. a while ago. I hadn't planned on going anywhere near the place today but seeing the streets shut makes me want to go down again for some reason. I'm weird.

It's kind of exciting for some reason! Plus something to do at lunchtime ;)

Now, where's my camera?....

• Advertisement

Whatever way you view the event - this is history in the making today. My colleagues and I are running down to the South Mall around 14.15 as she's due to land in Cork 14.00 'ish - and she won't have to go through any passport/traffic delays - so she'll be in Cork in no time. The world will be looking at Cork today - and I pray that we don't let ourselves down!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

All went very well, didnt it?

Place looked well, we got some nice publicity internationally and the country as a whole comes off very well by having crowds of well wishers on her last day. Im a bit upset though as im going to miss Philip, legend.

Still excited - we waved at them on the Mall - and could see Philip so clearly as he was sitting at window of jeep closest to us - but more "Liz's hat" then Liz. The atmosphere was brilliant. Cork gave them a warm welcome and it came across so well on the RTE site. All seemed very surreal - but as I said earlier - "history in the making". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Judes wrote: »
    Cork looks FANTASTIC!!!

Got any pics?

I think it is such a pain how they can interrupt peoples daily routine so much just for the queen! She is an important figure but the treatment people are being given is just wrong :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnMagic

Balmed Out wrote: »
    All went very well, didnt it?

Place looked well, we got some nice publicity internationally and the country as a whole comes off very well by having crowds of well wishers on her last day. Im a bit upset though as im going to miss Philip, legend.

Philip did seem to be having the craic alright.
    Had a bit of banter with the traders in the market!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6964801&l=77ff3a3068&id=117528783952

Advertisement