Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 13-05-2011 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Im looking for something to get involved in, in Wexford town i.e. Club, organization, societes, classes...? Can't seem to find anything. Suggestions? :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What age are you, what are you interested in?

There are running clubs (Menapians), athletics (DMP), swimming, gaa, scouts, guides, gymnastics, walking (Shelmaliers), meditation, cycling, dance, charity (St Vincent de Paul), darts, weight loss, light opera, pantomime, and god knows what else.

Look in the porch of the churches for notices, ask in community centres, read the classifieds in the paper. Its all out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CiaraMG21

Oryx wrote: »
    What age are you, what are you interested in?

There are running clubs (Menapians), athletics (DMP), swimming, gaa, scouts, guides, gymnastics, walking (Shelmaliers), meditation, cycling, dance, charity (St Vincent de Paul), darts, weight loss, light opera, pantomime, and god knows what else.

Look in the porch of the churches for notices, ask in community centres, read the classifieds in the paper. Its all out there.

Oryx, I am 21. Thanks for your reply. I would be interested in meditation, art, reading, stuff like that. Im not really mad about sport or acting. Would you know anyone who is involved in any of those so that I could maybe get involved?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you ask in Anns Angels, they might be able to put you in touch with a lady called Debra who runs meditation evenings.

The library would be the place to ask about reading groups or something in that line. Also the arts centre is a good place to ask about anything art related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ceez

Hi CiaraMG21

Just wondering did you have any luck? Have the same interests. Finished college, all my friends are in different counties/countries:( so thought getting involved would help me out.

Also, does anyone else find Wexford a bit "clickidy click" when it comes to socializing? or is it just that I'm too nice and not b*tchy enough?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

ceez wrote: »

Also, does anyone else find Wexford a bit "clickidy click" when it comes to socializing? or is it just that I'm too nice and not b*tchy enough?:confused:

Yes! Everyone is rude in Wexford..

• Advertisement

are you from Wexford yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

ceez wrote: »
    or is it just that I'm too nice and not b*tchy enough?:confused:

Yes.. you definitely need to be more bitchy in order to make strides in Wexford's social scene.

Keep working on it... you'll get there eventually.

Like one time, in the pub, there woz this one and she said like 'hey, like, will you buy me a drink good looking' and I told her 'head for the hills hon, you ain't gotta hope'. Then next night the same gal approached me a said 'oi you, mug... get us a vodka a coke and make it snappy' and that very moment I knew she was the one for me.

Like one time, in the pub, there woz this one and she said like 'hey, like, will you buy me a drink good looking' and I told her 'head for the hills hon, you ain't gotta hope'. Then next night the same gal approached me a said 'oi you, mug... get us a vodka a coke and make it snappy' and that very moment I knew she was the one for me.

jpb1974, hahaha well I certainly won't be in need of chatting up Wexford girls :eek: the men are easy enough :P a little too easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

jpb1974 - love the story!! a classic ....brilliant !

everyone is friendly overall i think .... maybe your just going to the wrong places :)

everyone is friendly overall i think .... maybe your just going to the wrong places

Any suggestions to as where the right places are? Been away from Wex for a while :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement