Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sustainable Construction Technology

Options
  • 13-05-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All –

I teach on the Pearse College of Further Education FETAC Level 5 course Sustainable Construction Technology, and just thought I'd post in case anyone was interested...?

The course aims to introduce students to the principles and theories of sustainable and environmental design of a building, including passive heating and cooling, day-lighting, material selection, thermal performance, and construction methodologies, and the use of a building by its occupants, including renewable energy systems, water and waste etc.Modules offered include Renewable Energy Systems, Building Construction, Building Energy Rating, Green Building, and Environmental Studies, among others.

We feel that we have a critical role to play by teaching students to practice sustainable design in the architectural, engineering and construction fields. Furthermore, a huge amount of work has been carried out in Pearse College to improve our environmental standing – from our participation in the Green Campus campaign, to improving the performance and energy rating of the building as a whole, to our Community Allotments in conjunction with Dublin City Council (complete with newly installed wind turbine providing power to water pump!!).

Would be happy to talk to you if you were interested… if so maybe let me know by contacting Pearse College at 01 453 6661 or information@pearse.cdvec.ie

Thanks

Advertisement