Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man arrested for taking Pictures of Garden of Remembrance

• 13-05-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

According to this article (short paragraph in the middle of the article), a man was arrested yesterday for being suspected of taking photographs of the Garden of Remembrance.
    This article, which links from the other article, however states that a man was arrested over threads to kill Obama, but it's not clear if it is the same man.

Can anyone tell me if a Gard can really arrest someone just for taking pictures of the Garden of Remembrance (with the current security measures already up)?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the article states 'another man' so i suspect it's not yer man kelly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Kelly says he seeks the imposition of strict Sharia law in Ireland, with public beheadings of drug dealers on O’Connell Street.
    still, though, he has some good ideas when it comes to public entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

the article states 'another man' so i suspect it's not yer man kelly.
    Yes, the suspected photographer was not Kelly, but I'm not sure if he is the unnamed man in the second article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

oh noes !

5646008658_3781f270a5_z.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

oh noes !

:eek:

Thats the War Memorial Park. Tha Garden of Remembrance is on Parnell Sq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

trooney wrote: »
    Thats the War Memorial Park. Tha Garden of Remembrance is on Parnell Sq.

Woops, so it is. I think there's some wreath laying ceremony at the War Memorial park as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thats weird. I've taken shots in the gardens of remembrance a few times, and anytime I am there, there are always other people taking pics too.

Is this because of the high profile visits coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yes

i've never heard of a law which temporarily suspends your right to take photos on public property of a venue which isn't usually covered by a photography ban.
    there's probably more to this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

there's probably more to this story.

There's probably a hell of a lot more to the story, since there is almost no information in the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its more than likely that the person was argueing his/her rights with a garda and/or probably refused to give his/her name and details on request.

this is more than likely the reason for "arrest" instead of simply taking photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

@ Rexkramer - if that's true, his solicitor will have a field day.

Have a read of what happened when Ronnie Reagan was in town
    http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/dubyas-dirt-brushed-under-welcome-mat-479022.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rexkramer

gman2k wrote: »
    @ Rexkramer - if that't true, his solicitor will have a field day.

Have a read of what happened when Ronnie Reagan was in town
    http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/dubyas-dirt-brushed-under-welcome-mat-479022.html

some things hav'nt changed

rexkramer wrote: »
    the guy who was arrested , was my brother. ?
    word of advice - if this is true, it might be an idea to take this down lest you prejudice his case in any way.

edit: have removed the quoted post, cos i was actually making it harder to follow my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Good advice above, and a shocking story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Years ago when I was on holiday in Barcelona, I was in a railway station and saw a clock in there which I thought was cool. I stopped, took a photo and went on my merry way. Next thing, I was stopped by two cops who had taken off in pursuit of me. They didn't have a scrap of English but once the penny dropped and I deleted the photo off my memory card, they let me go.

Advertisement