Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making clay lined pond

• 13-05-2011 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi

I'm making a clay lined pond for my ducks about 2m x 2m, well I dug a hole yesterday and 'puddled' it a bit, was kind of a half arsed attempt, though the water stayed in it for about 24hrs and hasn't gone down completely. Just wondering if anyones familiar with this method or could give me some advice.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi njgallager ,any photos of your pond so far.so as to give you some advice:) ponddigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 njgallagher

no unfortunately I don't have a digital camera. But I'l explain a bit more...The ponds about 45cm deep in the middle, and theres definitely a good bit of clay in the soil. I didnt go through it taking out stones or anything, maybe I need a more pure clay for it to work. I filled it up with about 200ltrs of water, theres about 50 left, and dosent show any signs of going anywhere.

:)hi ng, how did you puddle the clay on the sides of the pond wall. did you any tool to tap it againts sides of the pond. ponddigger

no i just kind of stamped it in.. was lookin today, seen that there should be no more than 45 degree slope, so i went wrong there a bit.

hi ng how far is the pond away from the down pipe tha collects the water off the roof or garage this could be used to top up the pond.you will have to stick more clay to the sides of pond to seal it ponddigger:confused:

• Advertisement

gave it another attempt today, put in some effort and its looking ok. I havnt yet sorted my water collection im just filling it from the mains, with buckets, which is a pain in the hole...i'l see tomoro, hope its not empty again

hi nj hope it works for you ,after all the hard work ponddigger:)

cheers ponddigger

Advertisement