Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB code card expired [Fraudulent Text Message]

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I got a text this morning off an english based number claiming:
    Your access to AIB internet banking has been suspended because your AIB Code Card has expired. Please go to http://www.aib-codecard.org to update your account

Bearing in mind I've never had an account with AIB, should this be something to worry about? I've tried ringing the number the text came from but am getting an out of service (?) tone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Another thread on this yesterday. Ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I got it too - and I don't have an AIB card or account either. I bet they're trying to trick you into giving them your bank details.

I recently advertised with buyandsell, donedeal and adverts.ie and I bet they got my number from one of those.

By the way the number was +447797990997

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The number I got was +447624803803

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I got a text this morning off an english based number claiming:

Bearing in mind I've never had an account with AIB, should this be something to worry about? I've tried ringing the number the text came from but am getting an out of service (?) tone.

From the AIB Internet banking site.
    Alert - May 2011
    Beware of fraudulent text messages claiming to be from AIB.
    Remember AIB will never send a text or email requesting your AIB Internet Banking login details. This is a fraudulent attempt to obtain your banking details.
    Tips to stay safe online;
    Do not enter Code Card details into pop up windows, remember AIB Internet Banking will NEVER display pop up windows
    Never click on a link or open an attachment in an email or text to log in to AIB Internet Banking
    Never give codes from your AIB Code Card to anyone
    Contact us if you notice any suspicious activity when using AIB Internet Banking
    Contact us: 0818 724 724 or +353 (0) 1 771 2424 or email alert@aib.ie
    For more information please view our security centre www.aib.ie/securitycentre

Advertisement