Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If drinking cold drinks gets your baby moving

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

does drinking hot drinks do the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Well when i had a bump I would place the hot cup of tea on it and the baby would try and kick it off, great entertainment when your counting down the days at 30+ weeks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well when i had a bump I would place the hot cup of tea on it and the baby would try and kick it off, great entertainment when your counting down the days at 30+ weeks.

Are you serious? How hot are we talking here?

When I was about 20 weeks and just starting to feel movement, a cup of tea (drank) would definately get him moving.. I just put it down to the caffene and sugar though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just made cup of tea (that hot/warm) The heat was enough to leave my skin red. Not sure if it was the weight or the heat of the cup or both that the baby was trying to kick away.

* dont try with a full mug of tea. The kicks can be that hard that it will either send the mug flying or will spill hot tea all over your belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

xzanti wrote: »
    Are you serious? How hot are we talking here?

When I was about 20 weeks and just starting to feel movement, a cup of tea (drank) would definately get him moving.. I just put it down to the caffene and sugar though..

that's what I was wondering....I was drinking tea yesterday and was sure I felt a small bit of a flutter..so I was wondering if the hot drink was doing it and if it was causing it any harm? :o

lol @ the cup of tea on the tummy :D

Advertisement