Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Sports Cup Final (Shamrock Rovers vs Dundalk) Saturday May 14th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Looking forward to this. 1,200 away fans will create some atmosphere.

Can't see Rovers losing this if they play in any way like their potential. Two decent sides in form, should be a good game on the box. Mind you, I said that about the cup final too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yeah - hopefully a good game. East stand will be buzzing.

Wonder will Twigg make the bench seeing as he played for the A team midweek. Probably too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Rovers will win by 2 or 3 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Looking forward to this. 1,200 away fans will create some atmosphere.

Can't see Rovers losing this if they play in any way like their potential. Two decent sides in form, should be a good game on the box. Mind you, I said that about the cup final too.

2000 away fans now.
    I'd say there will be a few hundred tickets going on general sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Question for any Rovers fans. Trying to get tickets for this. Two of my mates have East Stand Season tickets and usually I just pick up a ticket the day off as it is all unreserved seating. When they got their tickets they've both been assigned to 'Block L - Unreserved Seating'. So will they be splitting ticket holders up according to what block they are in or do you reckon it will just be the usual unassigned seating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Question for any Rovers fans. Trying to get tickets for this. Two of my mates have East Stand Season tickets and usually I just pick up a ticket the day off as it is all unreserved seating. When they got their tickets they've both been assigned to 'Block L - Unreserved Seating'. So will they be splitting ticket holders up according to what block they are in or do you reckon it will just be the usual unassigned seating?

Just the usual, go where you like! You should probably grab one today though.

Buzzing for this, but for some reason just not confident.

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Just the usual, go where you like! You should probably grab one today though.

Buzzing for this, but for some reason just not confident.

Cheers, just wanted to make sure before I ended up on my own! :pac:

I'll nip in and get one on the way home from work.

Cheers, just wanted to make sure before I ended up on my own! :pac:

I'll nip in and get one on the way home from work.

You won't get an east stand ticket - its only Dundalk returns on sale in the Rovers club shop I believe.

You won't get an east stand ticket - its only Dundalk returns on sale in the Rovers club shop I believe.

Cheers, really should have tried to sort this earlier in the week.

Cheers, really should have tried to sort this earlier in the week.

Ask nicely (or flirt with Mark in the shop) and you may recieve, but the east stand went to members and ST holders. If that fails, chance your arm at the far turnstyles.

The west stand was sold in blocks to Dundalk fans and the only tickets on general release are specific seats in there.

• Advertisement

Ask nicely (or flirt with Mark in the shop) and you may recieve, but the east stand went to members and ST holders. If that fails, chance your arm at the far turnstyles.

The west stand was sold in blocks to Dundalk fans and the only tickets on general release are specific seats in there.

I'll give it a shot, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You could try ringing the rovers shop on 4605948.

I really, really doubt you can pay in tomorrow.

I'm going \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

They do this for most games, totally illogical reasoning behind it but must be imposed by the FAI behind it.

Its so teams dont overfill thhe stadium. If every ticket has a seat assigned to it then the club should be able to ensure every supporter stays has a seat and hence no standing/trouble. It was done in blocks in the west stand in order to ensure spare tickets will ensure easy segragation.

Obviously no one actually sits in the proper blocks/seats but they do it for the above reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ffs, I completely forgot this was coming up. Watchin' it on the box will have to do.

Ebbs wrote: »
    They do this for most games, totally illogical reasoning behind it but must be imposed by the FAI behind it.

Its so teams dont overfill thhe stadium. If every ticket has a seat assigned to it then the club should be able to ensure every supporter stays has a seat and hence no standing/trouble. It was done in blocks in the west stand in order to ensure spare tickets will ensure easy segragation.

Obviously no one actually sits in the proper blocks/seats but they do it for the above reason.

Is it? I buy single tickets and usually they'll have 'East Stand - Unreserved Seating' on it. Can't remember ever having a particular Block on my ticket before although maybe they did and just didn't notice it.

Rovers team news.

Twigg, Sives and Turner back in the squad for tomorrow.

So a full squad except for Stephen O’Donnell.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1932-setanta-sports-cup-final-team-news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Had the option of going to this but have to go to a communion party instead :rolleyes:

'Twas a good day out last year, BBQ + FA Cup on in Dalyer then off to Tallaght. Hope both sets of fans enjoy the day.

'MON DUNDALK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Well done Rovers.

Both teams put on a good show. Dennehy gets a hard time from the Rovers faithful but I think he did well out there tonight.

Ronan Finn............:cool:

What a player!

What a player!

The Artane Fabregas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Delighted.:D

• Advertisement

We are the srfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Well done Rovers.

Both teams put on a good show. Dennehy gets a hard time from the Rovers faithful but I think he did well out there tonight.

What a player!

Both teams? Thought Dundalk were very poor never looked like troubling Rovers at the back, very poor travelling support for a cup final too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This before or after the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

paulcorr wrote: »
    Both teams? Thought Dundalk were very poor never looked like troubling Rovers at the back, very poor travelling support for a cup final too.

Are you for real? 2500 travelled at some cost and out sung the Rovers mob for the whole game. Dundalk's small panel showed yesterday but Rovers were better on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dreamers75 wrote: »

This before or after the game?

Before, judging by the guard telling them to get into the ground (as opposed to onto their buses if it was after).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

gernon wrote: »
    Are you for real? 2500 travelled at some cost and out sung the Rovers mob for the whole game. Dundalk's small panel showed yesterday but Rovers were better on the day.

Ah now come off it would you.

Great day, very comfortable for ourselves, Finn and McCormack superb.

Will you get up the yard. Seriously, are Ireland good at football on your planet?

Panel? Gah forum is thataway... ---->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

the guy getting pushed over at about 7 seconds is funniest thing i have seen today

Will you get up the yard. Seriously, are Ireland good at football on your planet?

cop yourself on Gae forum is that way-->
    if the Dubs were playing yesterday Rovers would have no one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

cop yourself on Gae forum is that way-->

Do you not know the history between Rovers and the GAA? :confused:

Someone make a plaque of this. Never has more bollocks been summarised into as many letters.

well aware of it

I did not start the Gah slagging if you check back a few posts

Im sure he would be hard pressed to even know the Dundalk history (have they even got one).

Im sure he would be hard pressed to even know the Dundalk history (have they even got one).

jog on bud your hilarious now go and get ready for school tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Are you physically unable to make a single post in this forum without mentioning Gaelic games? Seriously what is your problem?

• Advertisement

Are you physically unable to make a single post in this forum without mentioning Gaelic games? Seriously what is your problem?

The lads a bollocks. Leave 'em be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Both teams? Thought Dundalk were very poor never looked like troubling Rovers at the back,
    Yeah that's why Manus had to pull off a couple of good saves and we had a legitimate penalty waved away. Rovers were the better team and deserved their win but they were not a whole lot better than Dundalk
    very poor travelling support for a cup final too.

Rovers didn't sell their 2800 tickets for a game in their back yard and Dundalk sold 2500 tickets for an away game. Yeah your right very poor travelling support for a cup final.... :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Before, judging by the guard telling them to get into the ground (as opposed to onto their buses if it was after).

Was before the game. A couple of dozen Rovers fans ambushed Dundalk fans going in to the game. Lads in their 30s and 40s too attacking teenagers and people with kids. Absolute scum. The guards and stewarding was beyond pathetic and it was lucky that someone was not seriously hurt.
    The worst part is that our scum will be looking for some payback now the next time Rovers come up and some innocent Rovers fan will end up being hurt.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Yeah that's why Manus had to pull off a couple of good saves and we had a legitimate penalty waved away. Rovers were the better team and deserved their win but they were not a whole lot better than Dundalk

Rovers didn't sell their 2800 tickets for a game in their back yard and Dundalk sold 2500 tickets for an away game. Yeah your right very poor travelling support for a cup final.... :rolleyes:

3100 were sold by rovers me old mate.Dundalk sold 1800 and returned 800.

Very true. Rovers had the better chances IMO hitting the crossbar, post, and a few 1 v 1s. A better team in the final third is all.

I assume you were not at the game, or didnt watch it on TV, despite your first point. Two sides to the stadium, roughly 3k each. Rovers side was full, end to end. Dundalks was full to what...3/5s of the stand? Last two blocks were given to Rovers on the last few days or so.

We have the biggest support base in the league. Can people not deal with this already? Simple statistics not hard to get your head around.

Yes, your stand was packed to the rafters barely 2k. Outsung? Laughable. "some Cost". :/ "Mob"- Ye...proper nautie boiyz.

• Advertisement

3100 were sold by rovers me old mate.Dundalk sold 1800 and returned 800.

A mate of mine got a ticket in to the Rovers side just after the cup final and said there was tickets left. As far as I am aware Rovers didn't sell any (or very little) of the 300 tickets we sent back.
    We had sold over 2000 by Tuesday evening. Either someone is giving you incorrect information or you are lying.

Ebbs wrote: »
    I assume you were not at the game, or didnt watch it on TV, despite your first point. Two sides to the stadium, roughly 3k each. Rovers side was full, end to end. Dundalks was full to what...3/5s of the stand? Last two blocks were given to Rovers on the last few days or so.

We have the biggest support base in the league. Can people not deal with this already? Simple statistics not hard to get your head around.

You're a rovers fan and don't know that the main stand is bigger? ;)
    Yes I was at the game and in our block people were crammed in. Certainly wasn't one per seat more like two people per seat and plenty standing in walkways and stairs so could have easily filled another couple of blocks if we spread out.

If the game was held in Dundalk do you not think we could have sold a similar amount of tickets as Rovers did. Travel 5 minutes to a match or an hour an a half. Simple statistics not hard to get your head around.

Yes I was at the game and in our block people were crammed in. Certainly wasn't one per seat more like two people per seat and plenty standing in walkways and stairs so could have easily filled another couple of blocks if we spread out.

If the game was held in Dundalk do you not think we could have sold a similar amount of tickets as Rovers did. Travel 5 minutes to a match or an hour an a half. Simple statistics not hard to get your head around.

Bigger by a hundred and fifty seats not exactly a massive difference. If you want to get that fickle you could argue the 150 tickets are negligable due to free tickets being given to the mainstand.

2 or 3 per seat? Are your fans dwarfs? Ill agree with stairs but it was the same on our stand. The numbers being used are pulled from some odd fantasy.

Probally, and we probally would have had the same amount. Quicker to dundalk than across dublin city.

If the game was held in Dundalk do you not think we could have sold a similar amount of tickets as Rovers did. Travel 5 minutes to a match or an hour an a half. Simple statistics not hard to get your head around

1hr7mins according to aa route finder.;););) From where i live it takes me 1hr10mins every home Rovers game, so no 5 minutes for me or 100s of others.

Come on. We beat you at a canter. We had a couple of gears left. One save from a free kick aside, you never threatened.

We sold 3,100 of our tickets over a couple of days. You dd in your ****epipes sell 2,500. There were 1500 tops in that stand. And after all the whinging. We were turning people away for two weeks and got the returns too late to do anything with.

What you brought was very good, but after all the nonsense from your club, we had to laugh

I take it he went to the Sligo school of mathematics.

We sold 3,100 of our tickets over a couple of days. You dd in your ****epipes sell 2,500. There were 1500 tops in that stand. And after all the whinging. We were turning people away for two weeks and got the returns too late to do anything with.

What you brought was very good, but after all the nonsense from your club, we had to laugh

We had officially sold over 2k by Wednesday. I thought it was Tuesday but just rechecked our forum. That came direct from the club promotion officer and I'm going to take his word over the guesstimates of Rovers fans.
    Rovers selling 3100 over a couple of days is lies also. This contradicts info that came from both clubs and posts on both clubs forums.
    I take it he went to the Sligo school of mathematics.
    I take it you both went to the pinocchio school of lying.... :rolleyes:

1hr7mins according to aa route finder.;););) From where i live it takes me 1hr10mins every home Rovers game, so no 5 minutes for me or 100s of others.

So it takes you (and hundreds of others) three minutes longer to get to Tallaght than someone from Dundalk?

hmmmmmm smells like more lies to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

We had officially sold over 2k by Wednesday. I thought it was Tuesday but just rechecked our forum. That came direct from the club promotion officer and I'm going to take his word over the guesstimates of Rovers fans.
    Rovers selling 3100 over a couple of days is lies also. This contradicts info that came from both clubs and posts on both clubs forums.

I take it you both went to the pinocchio school of lying.... :rolleyes:

Well i'm going to take T.V pictures over any Dundalk offical or fan. The West Stand was half Empty on T.V, with Green and White Colours very visable from the Tunnel to the Cushlawn End.

Also at no stage were the Dundalk support heard singing on T.V.

You sir are a complete Dreamer.

Well i'm going to take T.V pictures over any Dundalk offical or fan. The West Stand was half Empty on T.V, with Green and White Colours very visable from the Tunnel to the Cushlawn End.

Also at no stage were the Dundalk support heard singing on T.V.

You sir are a complete Dreamer.

I really hope that the Rovers boards are as clueless as some of your supporters. We'll happily give you the value of 1500 tickets sold and Rovers can give the value of 3100 tickets sold. Gate receipts are spilt 40/40/20 anyway so suits us.

Can you contact a member of your board please and tell them DFC would be delighted to go ahead with this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement