Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox - Ads appearing at top of screen. Help!

• 13-05-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I run Firefox on two computers.

On both machines, Google is the homepage.

On both machines, under Firefox/Options/Content, Block Popup Windows is ticked.

Just in the last half hour (I did start and then stop Expat Shield to browse a site - maybe that had an effect?) a space has appeared under the toolbar, the full width of the screen, in which ads are appearing. So, the Google menu items Web, Images, Maps....etc...... are about an inch below the toolbar instead of just below it.

If I tick the X next to the ads, they disappear. But. as soon as I do a seach in Google they reappear.

Never happened before and very annoying. Any idea how to stop this?

Thanks.

D.

Edited: Just realized two things.

1. The ad pop-up is appearing in Chrome too.

2. BBC iPlayer (which I use a lot) appears on the left hand side of the pop-up window all the time. I presume that I can change the iPlayer settings to prevent this? But, how?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

My guess is that you didn't stop Expat Shield properly. Is the process still running? If so, close it and then see if the advertisements are still showing (might want to restart the browser before checking).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I think you're right! :)

I actually uninstalled Expat Shield and the ads appear to have stopped.

Going to reinstall it now and see what happens.

Not sure how to stop it properly though!

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement