Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

why not take a leaf out of oktoberfests book and possibly have beer tents on the quay? obviously not quiet the same size cause they are massive but each brewer could have their own tent with a stage to sell their own brand beer along with food stalls along the quay and some small amusementS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Yes, great idea. Me and my mates will attend and drive the profits through the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

super bock - Portuguese very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

im crying tears of joy here

This has to be done Sausage blaas and beer for all !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

im crying tears of joy here

This has to be done Sausage blaas and beer for all !!!

Blaas with Red Lead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

Waterfordcitytours are organiizing something similar. Maybe you can join up with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This sounds great. Hope you can get it off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I think Sunday might be a bad day for a lot of people who would have to drive the following morning but great idea. I could see the demand could be very big for this

south wrote: »
    I think Sunday might be a bad day for a lot of people who would have to drive the following morning but great idea. I could see the demand could be very big for this

Yeah I'd agree about Sunday. If I was going in on nights that week, I wouldn't be able to go and if I was going on days, I wouldn't really be too enthusiastic at the thought of going into work at 8am the morning after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd agree about Sunday. If I was going in on nights that week, I wouldn't be able to go and if I was going on days, I wouldn't really be too enthusiastic at the thought of going into work at 8am the morning after.

most beer festivals are on a Sunday - Family Day - Family Entertainment - on prob 2pm - 7 or 8pm, beer tasting day, not a mad all out session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A great idea but I think a Saturday would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Top idea, know plenty who will be up for this too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

Eeeeeeh let me think........YES!

viking2011 wrote: »
    most beer festivals are on a Sunday - Family Day - Family Entertainment - on prob 2pm - 7 or 8pm, beer tasting day, not a mad all out session.

Yeah I know the thinking behind it but spending the day sampling lots of different beers would not make for the best of heads the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Swissarmyknife

Hi.
    Thats a fantastic idea, i hope it gets off the ground and goes ahead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Absolutely.. fantastic idea.

one question.. Do us boardsies get a discount?? :D

sorry, had to ask!!!

Just wondering would you go down the "all things Irish" route, with trad music, Irish beers, Irish food, in Germany at Oktoberfest this works so feckin well it's incredible, the tradition and culture make it a world wide festival to be proud of, could literally start off with just one tent on the quay to begin with, instead of laderhosen everyone could be wearing paddy caps! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Brilliant idea. Keep it irish, there seems to be loads of small micro breweries springing up every day. Hopefully it'll work out for ye. Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Excellent idea, if it goes ahead I'll certainly be there.
    Hopefully it might even sprout somebody into action making a brewpub..!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

oh fcuk yes. This would be the best thing in Waterford since the blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Brilliant idea. Keep it irish, there seems to be loads of small micro breweries springing up every day. Hopefully it'll work out for ye. Count me in!

To be honest, I really wouldn't limit it at being Irish microbrews - It'd be great for the city if people from the UK, etc, were interested in coming over to show their wares, and there really are some great microbreweries across the sea that would be interested in getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd also say that I think Saturday would be a much better bet unless a bank holiday. I think more people just drink on a Saturday ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

daftdave wrote: »
    :(:(
    are you gone back by then daftdave?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alphasounds

P.M. send

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

For all new details on the Waterford First Beer Festival

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Beer-Festival-2011/102032296553773

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hmmm, very close to my birthday. I like the idea of having a boards beer festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Best idea yet my friend:D

Is it just going to be in the Pub with a few special beers? Would seem like less of a festival and more of a theme night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I hope this beer festival will contain many varieties of stout too :)

Advertisement