Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Festival

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lughlamhfada

I presume that will be up to the brewers. Stouts are generally for winter drinking and pale or amber ales and lagers for summer so the selection of stouts may be minimal.
    Still if Dungarvan Brewing make some of their Coffee and Oatmeal Stout it will be enough

Bump! Is this still a goer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

Bump! Is this still a goer?

not looking good is it lol

shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I was at the Homebrew gathering in Franciscans Well in Cork and it was excellent! Makes me wonder why any of us drink the gutterwater we are forced to drink in most pubs. Had a great time.

I believe it was a good day in the Well. Pity I couldn't make it down there

I am sure this will happen at some stage. Waterford needs it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MetalmanBeers

It's definitely still on the cards, but between the Harvest Festival, Electric Picnic, and the big beer festival happening in the RDS at the end of September, we are just trying to figure out the best time to plan it for.
    We're thinking later in the year at this stage, maybe November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

It's definitely still on the cards, but between the Harvest Festival, Electric Picnic, and the big beer festival happening in the RDS at the end of September, we are just trying to figure out the best time to plan it for.
    We're thinking later in the year at this stage, maybe November.

great news

keep us posted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Any update on this? After a bumper festival period in the past 12 months, 2012 will have a lot to live up to.

I think there would be a great opportunity to host an event around the European Championships or even the Olympics. Along with the Irish stuff you could have a themed event to run alongside the football fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hardybuck, great idea. If it could be arranged like the fanzones at the euros and world cup it would be great. Potential to get messy so it would have to be well policed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Max Powers wrote: »
    Hardybuck, great idea. If it could be arranged like the fanzones at the euros and world cup it would be great. Potential to get messy so it would have to be well policed.

Well I suppose you have two options. You can run an event over the duration of the competition - three weeks or whatever, or pack it into one weekend and hope to attract some visitors.

The fanzones idea would tie in well with the longer option. Ireland v Croatia, beers showcased from both countries. This would suit a couple of pubs who may want to run it in particular.

The weekend festival option I suppose you could just get a mix of products from all the participating countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

If you were worried about it being messy during the European Championships it could be run during the weekend that Oxegen usually takes place as it's not taking place this year... actually now I think about it, that might not be such a good idea :o

People would have more money that they saved from going there though?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

ballybricken would be some venue for a beer festival,
    get the city council to ban parking on the hill and fill it with stalls, stage, music,
    its the kick up the arse that the city needs.

brill idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

yeah but it makes too much sense sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

bring back the thrill on the hill

Advertisement