Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free LEGO! :)

• 13-05-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Between Saturday May 14 - Friday May 20, free Lego mini-sets with The Sun and News of the World.The sets can be collected from Smyths toystores and participating Tesco outlets, while stocks last. No token collect or send-away option.

Today's promotion: Buy the News of the World and get a coupon for Lego Jack Sparrow with boat from Pirates of the Caribbean.

There's also an exclusive Jack Sparrow figure from Lego Pirates of the Caribbean being given away with copies of the video game in HMV (any format: Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS). Comes with pre-orders but it's also available with in-store purchases too, while stocks last.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/affiliates/lego/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So...........I'd need to buy something sh!tty to get free awesomeness? I think I'll just buy the awesomeness. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

The title is misleading since it's not free, you pay for it through the other item. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

On a similar topic I signed up to http://club1.lego.com/en-US/legomagazine/default.aspx and you get a free LEGO magazine delivered. My kids love reading through it.

No purchase of the ultimate RAG paper required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

qwertz wrote: »
    The title is misleading since it's not free, you pay for it through the other item. :mad:

C'mon, when do you ever get anything that's completely free? I'm not sure what price the notw is but it's got to be under €2, worth getting for the Lego jack sparrow (with his hat) if you're a Lego fan, the cheapest set you can get him with is €49.99. It's definitely worth the shame of buying the paper! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

The UK offer states WHSmith and ToyrUs for pickup. Where is the pickup point in Ireland I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

wait4me wrote: »
    The UK offer states WHSmith and ToyrUs for pickup. Where is the pickup point in Ireland I wonder?

I think its tescos and smyths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I think its tesco

I can confirm that the Lego mini-sets can be collected from Smyths toystores, the coupons come in The Sun and News of the World, a different set available each day starting Saturday the 14th, and ending Friday 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for this, had been looking for information online on when this was starting but couldn't find any. Son LOVES lego, so he will be delighted with this:D

C'mon, when do you ever get anything that's completely free? I'm not sure what price the notw is but it's got to be under €2, worth getting for the Lego jack sparrow (with his hat) if you're a Lego fan, the cheapest set you can get him with is €49.99. It's definitely worth the shame of buying the paper! :)

Quite regularily. The last free freebie was that Bridgestone tyre-check thingie. Completely free, no purchase of some other crap necessary. That's beside the point anyway. Your OP was and still is misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I can confirm that the Lego mini-sets can be collected from Smyths toystores, the coupons come in The Sun and News of the World, a different set available each day starting Saturday the 14th, and ending Friday 20th.

Forgive me if I don't give whatever few pennies I have left from this weeks raid on my life savings to a couple of rags.

Might not have any money but I still have standards!

Quite regularily. The last free freebie was that Bridgestone tyre-check thingie. Completely free, no purchase of some other crap necessary. That's beside the point anyway. Your OP was and still is misleading.

I tried changing the title earlier to say "(with purchase)" but it's fixed. The description in my OP has all the information, so it's not misleading at all. I wanted to convey info for multiple offers anyway and didn't see why the title had to be lengthy. All you have to do is hover over the post and most of the details show up. :rolleyes:

I tried changing the title earlier to say "(with purchase)" but it's fixed. The description in my OP has all the information, so it's not misleading at all. I wanted to convey info for multiple offers anyway and didn't see why the title had to be lengthy. All you have to do is hover over the post and most of the details show up. :rolleyes:

Nah, I'd rather argue some more :) Just pulling your leg.

Nah, I'd rather argue some more :) Just pulling your leg.

Phew! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

in other news you buy boots are no longer doing a 3 for 2 off. but instead they are giving one item free if you buy two others.

The Lego toys can be collected from participating Tesco stores as well as Smyths! :) Just picked up a copy and saw it on the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

rom wrote: »
    in other news you buy boots are no longer doing a 3 for 2 off. but instead they are giving one item free if you buy two others.
    Trying hard to see the difference here . . . :confused::D

Or did just hear a whoosh?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

my son grown man-child is delighted with his new toy. And I am in the good books for passing on the info. So thanks Wolverine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Did anyone else have 4 pieces left over after they finished building the X-Wing? :p

Did anyone else have 4 pieces left over after they finished building the X-Wing? :p

There always seems to be spare pieces in lego sets. Son started making it but went out to play in the middle of it.:pac: Good value for €1 I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

lindtee wrote: »
    There always seems to be spare pieces in lego sets. Son started making it but went out to play in the middle of it.:pac: Good value for €1 I must say.

This is because most sets have an alternative model that can be built with the instructions included, and the extra parts are usually needed for it.

For fans of Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego, the News of the World comes with a coupon for Captain Jack Sparrow, complete with his tricorne hat, a small boat, and bottle of rum! :) Well worth €1.50, expect these to disappear fast so make haste to Smyths or Tesco! Arrrr!! :D

For fans of Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego, the News of the World comes with a coupon for Captain Jack Sparrow, complete with his tricorne hat, a small boat, and bottle of rum! :) Well worth €1.50, expect these to disappear fast so make haste to Smyths or Tesco! Arrrr!! :D
    Going to head out soon to get it. Its a pity they don't have the figures available in other stores, such as Supervalu or Centra or Spar (nearly everyone has one of them in their locality)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭loopymum

bazwaldo wrote: »
    On a similar topic I signed up to http://club1.lego.com/en-US/legomagazine/default.aspx and you get a free LEGO magazine delivered. My kids love reading through it.

No purchase of the ultimate RAG paper required.

I can't get the form to submit! What did you use for the Zip Code?

I don't think it's the Zip Code either as I put in Iherbs Zip code and I'm still getting
    "Please enter valid information."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Deadly i'll have to try pick up a few of these during the week

Today's offer is a Lego Mini Black Pearl ship from Pirates of the Caribbean, for readers/buyers of the Sun newspaper, the Lego is a bargain for €1. Collect from Smyths or Tesco, while stocks last.

P.S. Wanted to update the first post in this thread but I must have run out of edit-credits or something. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ You have a 48-hour window after making a post to edit it. (Probably better in this thread to make a new post rather than edit your OP anyway).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Just a warning to people not to collect the tokens and go in on last day
    (as previously have done). Went in yesterday with tokens for 2 days to Smyths in Galway, and lady was very rude and unhelpful. I know it says on token only collection on day,this time they are sticking to it.

Tuesday's offer: Ninjago set with white ninja figure and glider, with the Sun (collect at Smyths or Tesco). This is the first of 3 Ninjago minisets to be given away.

• Advertisement

Wednesday's offer: Buy the Sun and receive a coupon for Lego Ninjago Skeleton Chopper, available to collect at Smyths and Tesco.

Advertisement