Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to get eircom broadband installed into house that has eircom line already in

Options
  • 13-05-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hi eircom team moving into a house and want to get broadband installed.house is few years built and has or had eircom line installed as i see eircom phone socket installed..just wondering is their a charge if i get it reconnected with u to take out a broadband package..dont really want a phone as its just me living here.thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

would any eircom take this please...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

hi eircom team moving into a house and want to get broadband installed.house is few years built and has or had eircom line installed as i see eircom phone socket installed..just wondering is their a charge if i get it reconnected with u to take out a broadband package..dont really want a phone as its just me living here.thanks in advance...
    You'll need to get the line reactivated. Pretty sure you can only get a 12 month contract, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

thats what i want to know but would be nice for eircom to confirm my queary

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Got the below info from here

If you connect a phone to the socket, do you hear a dial tone?

If you do, dial 199000 and your telephone number will be given to you.

If house is cabled for line no working socket €49.99 once off payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thats what i want to know but would be nice for eircom to confirm my queary

Hi alanhiggyno1
    apologies for delay,
    there is no charge for re connecting your line
    If your home previously had an eircom home phoneline, all line work is in place and you wish to reconnect, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €24.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline but all line work is in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €49.99)
    If your home has never had an eircom phoneline, or all line work is not in place, the connection charge will be FREE (worth €121.93)

If you wish to PM me the address of your new home I can check to see the status of the line which you say was already in-situ.

This link advises of prices and frequently asked questions.

Hope this answers your query.

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement