Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one with succesyfully treated sleep apnea?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi.

Just wondering is it fully treatable?

I had very bad sleep apnea around 3-4 years back (almost couldn't drive a car - falling asleep every few h).
    Finally got surgical treatment (got uvula removed + soft palate and nose diathermy corrected).

I was absolutely fine for over a year (couldn't even pretend snoring -slept soundlessly) . But i can feel that it is getting back on track.

One of my previous doctors said that sleep apnea is surgically untreatable and so far he seems to be right. So I'm looking for live example that he is wrong.

I'm finding CPAP unbearable (my throat is getting so dry that I'm waking up every so often + whole idea of tubes etc I just can't get over it). Got theoretically good one (with A flex) but on some occasions i couldn't breathe even with mask on and woke up with mask lying on the bed.

could you recommend a good place to visit to get reasonably quick help? (before operation I tried st. Vincent but got appointment in 6mths so decided to fly to Poland to get my treatment done)

Advertisement