Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epoxy board repair?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I've damaged my board. One wave broke my fin and its foundation in the epoxy board. Its about 5cm diameter. I can get a fin no problem but I can't find anywhere to repair my board.

I'm based in Galway. I've tried a few times to get in contact with a guy in Lahinch, but have had no reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

If you can get it to Kerry Al at aorsurfboards.com is your man.

One of the handier lads out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Got to say I love his site. The board is a cheapy, I don't think it would be worth going all the way to Kerry with it. I'd love to sell it and get a new one, but no one would buy a damaged board.

Anyone know anyone else more local? Galway / Clare / Mayo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

wouldn't you try to get some sort of quote and sell the board minus the hassle and repair costs =) you might get a quick sell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

check your pm's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

CJS why the pm, surely it's handy for people to know the name of epoxy repairers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

i repair epoxys, im in north cork
    chris darling is in dublin he does them.
    conor at waxon does them in sligo

who are you trying to call in lahinch?
    there are 3 guys there doing repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You could always give it a go yourself, if feeling brave.

http://www.boardlady.com/repairmenu.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

Ger from Seventh wave surf school in Enniscrone did a great job on my epoxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Did you try tom doidge harrison? Never went to him myself but he might be able to help. http://www.dhsurfboards.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

The point that needs to be repaired is right under the fin. I don't think I'm brave enough to do it myself.

@glide - I was given a number by the surf shop in Lahinch. I don't recall the name of the person/company. Cork and Dublin are too far away for me sorry.

I will probably head to Sligo at some stage (but with a baby on the way, who knows for sure) and give someone up there a call when I'm up next.

Lahinch would be the handiest (after Galway)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If it's only a hole in the board then it's not going to be that hard to repair. What kind of board is it, NSP or something better. Take a photo of the damage. You can do a lot with sun cure http://store.magicseaweed.com/Ding-All-Sun-Cure-Epoxy-Resin/Item/120/ Use it in the shade or late afternoon (board lady side says never to repair till the main heat of the day is passed) and then put it in the sun to cure, sand it back and get in the water. I'm no expert and have patched up boards including resetting a further fin box. If I broke it I mend it unless it's very bad or a valuable board..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Sniipe give tom d.h. a call, his place is near lahinch. 087 9082416

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wipeout.wendy

Epoxy resin is much easier to deal with, you should give it a go and at least still be able to catch a wave before you sell... On a cheap board repair doesn't have to be pretty just make sure it's water tight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Dan Mill (sic AKA Kiwi Dan) in Galway docks does epoxy repairs on boats. bound to be able to do this for you.

Advertisement