Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Jay and OSW got a shoutout in a promo by someone on Review a Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ha really? Cool. I wonder how they worked it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ha really? Cool. I wonder how they worked it in
    They did a contest where people in their message board submitted promo videos. Some guy called Fact Checker Hacksaw Jim Powers mentioned you left the forum or something. Wai and Pollock played the audio from the videos on the podcast.

Listened to it there. That's very nice of him. Yeah that board got a few too many d***heads and caused other nice guys to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

If Mr. OOC said "Brutus The Barber Beefedcake" and V1 said "Leonard Skynyrd" in his best Reverend Ian Paisley accent, that would make for my fav OSW Review ever!

If that carny kid with the rats-tail from The Simpsons 1st name was Rockstar, he'd be in TNA now.

• Advertisement

We've finally gotten everything back online on YouTube and a new episode is coming out on Tuesday (hopefully!)

Do you have any ideas for a billboard gag? Could use some inspiration!

14522214544_55241c977d_b.jpg

Heh, well I just watched the Raw with Vickie Guerrero covered in Stephanie McMahons barf. It was a God-awful segment/storyline but there's gotta be a good pic in there somewhere!

On a separate issue, has anyone watched Legends House and actually like it? I've not seen it myself but I am curious to know if anyone else likes it.

How about The Be Sharps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

David Flair titantron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

About time OSWreview got a Sergeant Peppers parody cover (you know the one) for the billboard.

As always, front line and centre Cu*t Hogan.

Other must haves

Virgil.
    A big nogger Ice Cream.
    Wurzil.
    Ricky Gervais Genie.
    Rubbish Ronnie.
    Ian Paisley.

Gimme a list if you'd like I'll try photoshop it.

• Advertisement

That sounds awesome brotha! Whatever you come up with would be awesome. If you could make the pic 1160x480 would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

An inspirational BoSW billboard. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

jaykhunter wrote: »
    that board got a few too many d***heads and caused other nice guys to leave.
    I posted a little there at the start but drifted off early enough, what were they doing?

That security guard in the old ECW clips I seen on OSW Review IS the same dude that's on TNA security all the time now!

He's nothing but a Wurzel wannabe really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

The Kurt Angle "You Suck" chant was awesome. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

If we paid would we have gotten it two days ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good episode, but one huge negative was the stuff about JBL.

It really dragged the mood down when you should have been building toward the main event and all three of you should have been buzzing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Have watched most of these over the last two/three weeks. Great watching, not sure how it passed me by until now.

More Creed singing and impressions please. nnnnnnnndribbleaitcccccchhhhh

I loved this OSW Review!

You managed to bury the current product without showing Vicki "The Bowler" Barfedcake! And because watching wrestling is worse than watching World Cup everyday, I actually had no idea there's a chick doing a paddywhackery-gimmick on NXT now. NXT is a show I usually like, no wait, if Regal is on it, it's great, if he's not on it, it's average.

The segment near the end with the photos of all the fans with OSW Review t-shirts is really really really cool. Damn it must have sold well! Far better than my "John Cena should join the Nexus" t-shirt idea!

I honestly had forgot about Edge helping RVD win. In my mind and memory RVD won clean so the truth has re-written history in my head. The rest of the 2006 show I was able to recall with a lot of accuracy. It made me nostalgic for when other folks watched wrestling with me!

This might be my favourite OSW Review, Super Crazy looked like Apple Drops which technically aren't a bar, but that's what he looked like anyway!

Ah yes, the lil bonus match at the end. Bill Alfonso gets in the refs way as he's trying to count the winning pin. I think he just managed to pip Mahoney as the most useless character on the entire show!

Great show and thanks for the entertainment. I probably do owe you guys a pint at this stage I guess!

ECW One Night Stand 2006 - OSW Revew #39

In 2014 it's "Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks", but at ONS it was "F**k you Cena, F**k you Cena"!
    Jay and STEvolution return with One Night Stand 2006, where Cena's heat was at a fever pitch!
    We also go through JBL's backstage antics!

14384150430_215ce32ed8_b.jpg

WATCH: YouTube39.OSWreview.com
    NEW WEBSITE!: OSWreview.com

Oh we did have a much longer discussion about John Cena, lemme know if you're interested in hearing it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

No what bar this episode?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Can't seem to find the new episode on iTunes or my Android Podcast feed? Anyone any ideas, or does it take a few days to go audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just in case you's didn't know Jay (Cause I most certainly didn't!) Thought I would pass it on after the last show. Do you's know who is the current NWA Champion?

Oh just look at me
    Rob Conway

I saw something while I was watching Money In The Bank last night that kinda ties in with the last podcast. You guys were talking about cool signs in the crowd. During the 1st match of this years Money In The Bank show, Rowan and Harper vs The Usos, I glimpsed somoen holding up a sing that tickled me.

"If Bray Loses We Wyatt" :)

Oh and if the lads are Stevolution, does that make someone Jay Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dano2014

miroslav klose, making Brazilian kids cry brah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just starting watching these (one night stand 2005 and 2006) great craic altogether

Didn't notice JBL beating the life out of blue meanie at the time! Gob****e should have sued.

brianblaze wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the new episode on iTunes or my Android Podcast feed? Anyone any ideas, or does it take a few days to go audio?

Ya I give it a week exclusive to YouTube as I really want people to watch the video! (It's what takes the longest to edit) So it'll be up sometime tomorrow on iTunes and such.
    dano2014 wrote: »
    miroslav klose, making Brazilian kids cry brah

First thing I thought of when this shot came up! I had so many puns lined up for Germany but didn't have wifi! So klose.

aM13q8P_460sa_v1.gif
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Just starting watching these (one night stand 2005 and 2006) great craic altogether. Didn't notice JBL beating the life out of blue meanie at the time! Gob****e should have sued.

Thanks mate! Glad you're enjoying 'em.

Something about seeing a bunch of Germans in red, black and white celebrating made me very nervous...

I loved this OSW Review! You managed to bury the current product without showing Vicki "The Bowler" Barfedcake!

Cheers for the kind words brah :) I did consider having that segment, more Willow and Cena's "Bray Wyatt donkey" promo but sure there was enough already.

Not a fan of the Germany jersey but cracking team (obviously!!)

• Advertisement

Ah, you're welcome brah! I did see the Irish girl on NXT and thought of you guys and started laughing at the idea that she should be called Becky Lynched, she'd bring a tear to a glass eye that one to be sure.

I guess saying mean stuff about todays wrestling is a lil bit easy! I do see wrestlers I like and segments I like a lot but I guess the bad stuff lingers in the memory longer. I do think doing a podcast on the 1st ever WWE version of weekly ECW would be great, but I guess that's up to you guys finding the time. I seem to remember folks hating December To Dismember a lot more than I did at the time.

I think red and black is an awesome football strip (because I love Bohemians!) it's just a lil unnerving seeing it on Germans, plus I been whining all world cup about stuff like "Do Dutch kids grow up wanting to wear the blue of Nederlands?" It's gotten a lil bit out of hand since I seen Ireland in a black change strip. And yes, the shocked looks on Brazilian faces during the 1st half last night was something that'll stay in the memory a long time, they looked like they were witnessing the destruction of Earth or something!

Gutted that I'm not allowed post a pic of Black And Red Chew Bars to show what bar the Germans were last night!

Advertisement