Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Regarding what you recently said regarding the rules of what constitutes a Boy...

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/668592362080309248

Might I add TNA and maybe ECW? Fairly or not, TNA's title is still kind of a major title. Even if the company is so ineptly run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Could be referencing the fact that PWI no longer recognises the TNA world title as an actual world title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

TBH winning the TNA title nearly makes you more of a boy. I'm with V1 and his "You're not taking my boy Regal". My boy Kennedy will always be a boy.

I point thee towards the cringe rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Angron wrote: »
    Could be referencing the fact that PWI no longer recognises the TNA world title as an actual world title.

More that TNA are magnitudes smaller than WWE/WCW as a company! Plus they're in a hell of state over the last few years. ECW was still minor leagues, even if it did have a cult following and legacy so it's boy-worthy (and most of 'em didn't amount to much - Taz, Raven etc). I'll add NJPW to the list of not-allowed, no way T'ashi and Okada etc can be boys!

Let's Watch Hardcore Homecoming!
    Your boys Jay and Steveolution watch the entire Hardcore Homecoming LIVE! (Well, not actually live...) Watch along with us!
    This Shane Douglas-ran event was 2 days before WWE's ECW One Night Stand 2005.
    This review chosen by Simon Deakin for getting an OSW tattoo!

22920607104_0d60486cc2_o.jpg

WATCH now! Clicky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I knew from the moment you did that intro, it would be the Father Ben bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I couldn't get through it. So so bad. The show itself was the drizzling sh*ts but the boys didn't give a rats about it either. Some shows are so bad that they're good, this was not one of them. Avoid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah you could tell you guys were taking it a bit less seriously than others but im sure Mr Tattoo won't mind too much and sure you still did his rundown for each match which im sure he loved. Gotta admit I did laugh out loud when you guys kinda marked out for Foley after running his comedy show down for the previous 5mins and then actually pointed out what you had just done.

doubt you would but would love to see you enter the Draft. Imagine a roster full of your boys and the story lines you could have with Virgil, Doink & Crush brah! Meanwhile your champion Ronny Garvin is jobbing out the Hulkster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

I see Dirty Lee has made it to nxt london

Jay on The LAW/Keep It 100's New Year's Special!

Yo yo! I was part of the New Year's episode chatting the best & worst of 2015 and me plugging THE KING OF THE ROAD!

23812733440_0f7fd9952a_o.jpg

Listen: Jay on Keep It 100!

• Advertisement

New episode released. It's the infamous 1995 IWA King of the Death Match Tournament from Japan. I remember paying 15 pounds for this back in 2000 and it was a shi**y copied VHS. It was also awesome because I felt like a tape trader. Just pure nostalgia. I'm gonna predict some god awful 'wrestling in this'. Link below

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

"I should of taken the money" always cracks me up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I've never seen this, I've heard about it ever since it happened and I believe Court Bauer's friend MSL is one of the commentators. I laughed at the end of the last OSW show with seeing young Konnan on it. Konnan and Court Bauers Tuesday podcast every week is probably my favourite wrestling podcast, they talk new wrestling for like 15 mins tops, then they talk about tv shows (usually ones I like) for another 15 mins while Konnan gets absolutly monged on his bong the entire time!

The last OSW show...I grew up on English World Of Sport Wrestling, a few years back my Mam had a mad satellite dish that had some very random tv cannels anytime I was out in her home. One channel she had was called Fight Network and they would show old World Of Sport matches and I was expecting it to be nowhere near as good as I remembered but seeing it again, I totally dug it, they took breaks every 5 mins (between rounds) where the wrestlers took drinks of water between rounds and it worked, noone ever got blown up anyway.
    I have seen clips of World Of Sport wrestling on the youtube where it was every bit as silly as American wresting too, but that was in the late 80's when they had to move with the times and compete with viewers to stop them watching WWF I think, but to me the idea of not taking drinks of water during a sport or simulated sport is silly, and it makes the wrestlers perform better if they aren't dying of thirst.

80's food, I remember a lot more potatoes and a lot less rice and pasta in the 80's for sure, I still the very odd time like to buy stuff I ate in the 80's for a nostalgia buzz, but then you have to try and not think about what the hard bits on Granby burgers are, and eating a Frey Bentos Chicken pie in a tin (for a euro on special offer) can get a bit messy when the nicest part of the pie is the gravy at the end and I didn't have a big Luke Harper beard in the 80's either!
    Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Weetabix and Ready Brek, any other cereals in the 80's meant your family were doing well financially I think! I think Alpen was considered healthy in the 80's back when diabetes was more rare.

So the main event of this show is Mick Foley, a man who isn't rated as a comedian by OSW vs Terry Funk, a man described in the last OSW show as "a big smelly mark" This can only be good right?

What's with the different format for the Let's Watch episodes? Just to stop yous skipping through as quick as possible? :P

The Room - OSW Film Review!

A Brucie Bonus movie review, to tide you guys over between the tattoo reviews and the Golden Noggers/Q&A!
    Called "The Citizen Kane of bad movies", Tommy Wiseau's disasterpiece is possibly the worst movie ever made. Everyone must watch it!

25173442926_321376172f_b.jpg

WATCH: The Room
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I've not watched the review (yet) or ever seen the movie but...People who liked The Room on imdb also liked Samurai Cop! Nogtastic!

3rd Annual Golden Nogger Awards!

I’m-a nice guy, I’m a hell of a guy, and tonight we honour youuuuuuuu!
    It’s the THIRD Annual Golden Nogger awards! Who will take a bite!
    (Watch us hotdog and grandstand in our OSW year-end awards!)

25314130633_22b566dc61_o.jpg

WATCH: 3rd Annual Golden Noggers!
    Update on next OSW Review: Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Excellent as per usual Jay. Can't wait to see the new story arc!

Will everything be on Vimeo eventually? Missing downloading and TV watching. :P

Will everything be on Vimeo eventually? Missing downloading and TV watching. :P

Usually I wait for YouTube to block it before putting it on Vimeo! U could use keepvid that's pretty on the ball

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Usually I wait for YouTube to block it before putting it on Vimeo! U could use keepvid that's pretty on the ball

Don't tell me what to do.

NXT Championship- Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn
    NXT Women's Championship- Bayley vs Asuka
    Baron Corbin vs Austin Aries
    NXT Tag Team Championship- The Revival vs American Alpha

My first thought was "Did you just give Nakamura three stars?" :P

jaykhunter wrote: »
    My first thought was "Did you just give Nakamura three stars?" :P

If you must know, I am still erect from that particular gentleman's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The main event of that show was just great with Samoa Joe bleeding from the start of the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Wonder if the OSW crew will be opening for Razor Ramon in Cork and Dublin like with Flair and Steiner?

Wonder if the OSW crew will be opening for Razor Ramon in Cork and Dublin like with Flair and Steiner?

Nah, not a fan of Scott Hall. Cheers for asking though!

WCW Starrcade '94 - OSW Review 56

BY THE MANY MOONS OF JUPITER, OSW IS BACK BABY!!
    Your boys kick off a new storyline arc with WCW Starrcade 94!
    Featuring Hulk Hogan and his bestest buddy Brother Bruti Butcher Beefcake in the main event :D

26472439665_1d118a4a9e_o.jpg

WATCH: WCW Starrcade '94!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

@Jay, are you aware of tye Old School Wrestling Podcast? Their shows don't have much of a theme but are quite good. Came across them recently and it's weird that there are 2 OSWs out there!

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    @Jay, are you aware of tye Old School Wrestling Podcast? Their shows don't have much of a theme but are quite good. Came across them recently and it's weird that there are 2 OSWs out there!

Yes! Thankfully they don't really abbreviate (or when they do it's OSWP). They have @FlairChops which is an awesome handle. There's also a Texas-based wrestling company that goes by Old School Wrestling. Very weird!

Advertisement