Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm just glad you found TRI in this one. Just like OOC, you ruined a word for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nick Bockwinkle, you had one job

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Weird how Matt Hardy looks so much like Brutus now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

May I just say how delighted I am to not have to deal with listener request episodes anymore!

Am I the ONLY person who like Kurt's ECW theme then? It reclaimed the general majesty of his theme that they shat away with the "you suck" stuff as best as it possibly could.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

This show was awesome! My fav work of yours since 'Mania X7.
    I'm glad you didn't let Buffer away with saying Hulk-mania during his ring announcement. I'm massively tempted to watch Fall Brawl '95 but I dunno, it might kill the suspense for me. I remember loving WCW whenever ITV stopped showing Worldwide in the early 90's. I even got a shock when you showed Vader vs Hogan off Worldwide for a moment until I saw it was some jobber with a not unHoganesque moustache! Maybe ITV cancelled showing it just in time back in the day.

I listen to a lot of podcasts about wrestling, there does seem to be a growing number of indie guys talking about Beefcake today being naked in locker rooms for over 30 minutes at a time at indie shows and how it's a bit weird being around him. All I remember about him is I could never get how him shaving peoples heads all the time made him a good guy. He got through a lot of jobbers mullets after Mania 3 for weeks on Superstars as I recall, I used to feel sorry for them. It takes at least 4 months to grow a good mullet, probably closer to 8 really.

I'm currently listening to the Clintster on Ric Flairs podcast from last September, there's nothing really there I never knew already but Flairs co-host Conrad asks Hogan what a "yappapi strap" is and he makes Flair and Hogan aware that it's used a lot in Botchamania which tickled me no end. Hogan just kinds skirts by it fast and says it was either Dusty or Billy Graham was always calling it that years before Hogan did.

I'm many many months behind modern wrestling, I can't keep up but when I get time, I just watch it from wherever I left it last, so I now have the Brucie Bonus of NXT Takeover Brooklyn to watch and I'm slowly getting through last years Summerslam which means even more OSW for me which is fantastic!
    I dunno what the rules for boy status are, everyone has their own rules to suit whoever they lke I think, I only know Rusev telling Roman Regins he's never been backstabbed by a cold fish and telling him maybe he'll call him (Roman) Lana from now on has him over with me.
    Almost as good as Bo Dallas telling Lana,
    “Lana your on what we call, the rebound. It really breaks my heart to see you like this. Not as much as Rusev’s heart, though. You left him in his darkest hour. Then you’re with Dolph Ziggler, literally the worst rebound ever. Keep looking for a real man. He’s out there somewhere. All you have to do is bo-lieve!”
    I really like that Dallas guy now! I never really got it when he was in NXT, but he is one of the best things about WWE in August 2015!

I really enjoyed the review with Maffew of the 2015 Wrestlemania so if the NXT or Summerslam reviews are similar without Stevolution, then I'll still dig it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It takes at least 4 months to grow a good mullet, probably closer to 8 really.

This is why PW Boards is the best section on this site. Glorious analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's amazing yas found TRI. Was it an ongoing thing (over a couple of weeks) or was just that exact footage that was shown?

If so, how did it leave such an impression on you that you remembered it after all these years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It's amazing yas found TRI. Was it an ongoing thing (over a couple of weeks) or was just that exact footage that was shown? If so, how did it leave such an impression on you that you remembered it after all these years?

I recall it happening more than once in 97 around that time, but this is the only footage I've found (more accurately that's been brought to my attention!). I just started back watching around Sept 96 so it laid a lot of groundwork for my love for wrestling. I have a lot of obscure references bouncing around my noggin -- like there's also an alternate RAW guitar riff used for some bumpers during the Attitude Era. It sounds like We're All Together Now (the classic RAW song) but slower, I even picked it out on guitar...I thought I was mental until someone on a theme board posted it up about a decade later. VINDICATION! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

You are mental Jay, but in that good wrestling fan kinda way :)

Ageyev wrote: »
    You are mental Jay, but in that good wrestling fan kinda way :)

You don't wanna know how deep the rabbit hole goes! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Hey jay love the show, any chance of doing the Bret Hart and Steve Austin feud from PPV to PPV even add in what was happening between them on the Raws leading up to those PPV's. They had some great matches, a classic from WM 13, a great SS match from 96, the RR from 97 is one of my favourites and a great 4 way match between Hart, Austin, Taker and Vader from a In Your House PPV plus the awesome 10 men Hart Foundation vs Road Warriors, Shamrock, Goldust and Austin from the In Your House PPV from Canada with Austin beating on 80 something year old Stu Hart. Some of Bret's best mic work ad moments came from that feud. It would be well worth dipping into.

The shows leading up to WM 17 were awesome by the way, got me back into wrestling after a year or two out after Bryan's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes! Please do a Steve Austin/Bret Hart show! The greatest feud ever that could have probably rolled on for a lot more years if they had been allowed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It's amazing yas found TRI. Was it an ongoing thing (over a couple of weeks) or was just that exact footage that was shown?

If so, how did it leave such an impression on you that you remembered it after all these years?

Was just watching the TRI stuff then watched a video on Camp WWE and would you believe it HHHs new character is QUAD (HHHs Dad! voiced by Hunter).

TRI and QUAD! lol. Massive Aloha Arn on the house show circuit

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/724682678826590208

There's a guy in ROH, Dalton Castle, and he does aloha Arn too. He's a bit (actually very) Freddie Mercury (His entrance theme is a very Queen sounding song) and he's always accompanied by his 2 "boys" who are pretty scantily clad. They wave their feather fans at Dalton anytime he gets bumped outside the ring to help him recover, but they also both hop up on the ring apron to vigourously fan the guy doing the aloha Arn dance, to help Dalton flip him over for the pin-attempt and it always makes me laugh because it reminds me of OSW.

I always remember Arn tilting his head straight up and spitting high in the air when he takes a big punch to the gut!

I did watch your NXT Brooklyn. Theres a bit near the start where Maffew is very very much on the edge of doing an Chyna impression but he opts against it at the last second which was a relief, I'd feel all kinds of wrong if I laughed at it given whats happened her since that show was made. I loved it, I laughed at Baron Corbin needing spotlights to show him how to get to the ring too. The Summerslam review was great too, and I watched the mailbag episode also so I got 3 OSW's in 3 days which was cool!

I now fully understand what makes someone a boy. I like far too many cringeworthy wrestlers to narrow it down though! But I do think of Dalton Castles 2 "boys" everytime I hear you guys mention your boys and that makes me giggle too.

Met a fellow Nogger up in Limerick today, wearing the latest New Day shirt. I asked him for a tenner. Give charity a TRI!

Met a fellow Nogger up in Limerick today, wearing the latest New Day shirt. I asked him for a tenner. Give charity a TRI!

Lol! Moved this to the OSW thread so people know what you mean, ha! That's awesome though. How did you find out he was a fan?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Lol! Moved this to the OSW thread so people know what you mean, ha! That's awesome though. How did you find out he was a fan?
    Because he noticed my OSW shirt, so it wasn't hard to know what he was into. Told me that he'll be going to the next NXT event when they come over here.

Rock on :) We'll be going to the NXT show in June. Gonna be awesome! When I was at the radio station earlier this week I saw a guy with a BIG SHOW t-shirt from 2000. Who knew? I poked him about it but he gave nothing up, seemed pretty embarrassed I recognised it!

t2ec16dhjfwffztvezvrbsf95b8l-w60_57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jay, website seems to be down just a heads up you'd wanna check it out.

• Advertisement

Thought that myself but also reluctant to say anything incase it was just an "I'm in Taiwan issue" and it'd be fine for most people.

And btw Jay awesome news about next years access brah, enjoy it!

Website's back baby! Actually it's better than ever - moved to a dedicated server so it can handle the rush of clicks when a new ep drops!
    And btw Jay awesome news about next years access brah, enjoy it!

Thanks dude! If anyone doesn't know what we're on about, Brad (the promoter) with Bill Apter & The Genius make the announcement :)

That's so cool about going to 'mania! Mad day today, I see 2 mates in the new GOT (as extras) and then I was logging on here to mention, I'm 8 months behind modern wrestling, I'm watching NXT and see a dude in the crowd with a What Bar t-shart! (3:45, 30 Sept. 2015)

I bought a huge amount of Bill Apter mags back in the way back, and I genuinely count Lanny Poffo (and Paul Roma) as part of a very short list of 80's boys, even if his Irish accent is not the best!

Congrats, it's well deserved!

I know it's many moons after the event and I'm 99% sure you been made aware already, but I seen another What Bar t-shart during Chris Jericos talky bit with the crowd before his match in the ring during WWE Live From MSG 2015 Lesnar vs Big Show from last October!

Hey Jay is OSW part of the Internet Darlings Live thing I'm seeing being promoted on youtube atm? apparently all the Wrestling youtubers are there (or so say Wrestling with Wregret, Whatculture etc) and as stated above we do know your heading over for that mania weekend?

lol, "internet darlings live"! No I haven't been contacted, but sure we're doing the WrestleCon thing and this is a different event. We won't be taking any other bookings (wow, that's f**ked saying that!) whilst in Orlando, wouldn't be fair to our promoters. Thanks for asking :)

I held back on watching The Room review until I was really strung out for an OSW show. It's time, it's The Room time!

Very funny The Room review. A very surreal experience watching that, but I laughed a lot during it.

I've just spotted another What Bar shart, again long after the event but NXT Takeover Respect from last October. Just after the main event ends, I didn't see the entire shart but it's clearly an OSW piece of merch.

Thanks dude! The Room was one of the most fun reviews to record. It's so ripe to tear apart! That's awesome about NXT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I only found the OSW Podcast / Videos this week and have been binging on them !
    Absolutely loving them, I've watched all the Wrestlemania X7 ones, The 2 WCW Thundercast ones , watching the Hulk's ones atm, also watched The Room (I should point out I never watched WCW, I haven't watched wrestling in about 15 years either...but am still LOVING all them)

Any ideas what the plans are for the future ? Will you keep reviewing all the classic PPV's from the 2000's ....I'd love to hear more from the old ones I can remember like the Hell in a Cell etc....or the introduction or history of the likes of Kane.

Either way, great job ! :D

What's bar is ___________ ? ****ing...GENIUS !!!

Advertisement