Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think one of them ended up going with a can of tizer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WCW World War 3 1995 - OSW Review 59

THE BIDDLE IS BACK!
    Join your boys Jay, V1 & OOC for the BIGGEST match of all time at World War 3!
    Featuring a 60-man Clusterfeck, Irish Grannies and Super Giant Ninjas!

XxtJZk5.jpg

WATCH: World War 3!
    All episodes: Clicky!

I noticed I didn't put up an official post so here it is! :P

WCW Superbrawl VI - OSW Review 60

GRAB A CUP OF IRISH COFFEE, YOUR BOYS ARE BACK!
    OSW returns with a DOUBLE main event, aka no main event! Two Cage Matches, and possibly two Luger Matches!
    Happy Halloweeeeeen!

IZardMd.jpg

WATCH: Superbrawl VI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Watching the latest episode now, the corpsing is one of the funniest things I've heard on ages

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hawk really was some arsehole for not selling :pac:

• Advertisement

WCW Uncensored 1996 - OSW Review 61

WE CANNOT CO-EXIST ON THIS PLANET, HOGAN!
    We close out our Dungeon of Doom story arc with the TOWER OF DOOM CAGE!
    4 sections, 3 tiers, 2 MegaPowers and 1 Hulk Hogan!

arFoAsu.jpg

WATCH: Uncensored 1996!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

its got stiff competition between The Walking Dead, Westworld and the 2500 essay I have to do tonight but I think I can fit it in somewhere :p

WWE Royal Rumble 2017 - OSW Review 62

What's this?! A BRUCIE BONUS EPISODE!
    Your boys Jay & V1 tackle the newest WWE PPV offering, the 2017 Royal Rumble!
    WE'RE NOT LIKE MOST GIRLS! Included is the pre-show, and RAW & Smackdown afterwards!

AmGfiGp.jpg

WATCH: Royal Rumble 2017!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

You truly are the King of Kings!
    0qU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Watching now. Didn't know about Graves Pantera references! ,

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    You truly are the King of Kings!

Drink up, Judah-Ben Hur!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jay will you lads be recording the live one at the WrestleCon to put up for all of us who can't attend ?

Great Rumble review btw, and Samurai Cop 2 was amazin ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I'm watching TNA Impact from last April 26th, and I see Bram celebrating with fans after his match with EY. And he is being patted repeatedly on the shoulder by a fan in the front row who is wearing a What Bar t-shirt! I think that's the 1st time I seen one on tv but not on a WWE show!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Jay will you lads be recording the live one at the WrestleCon to put up for all of us who can't attend ? Great Rumble review btw, and Samurai Cop 2 was amazin ! :D

Cheers! I'm not sure, at the moment it's just for the live audience. We'll see!
    I'm watching TNA Impact from last April 26th, and I see Bram celebrating with fans after his match with EY. And he is being patted repeatedly on the shoulder by a fan in the front row who is wearing a What Bar t-shirt! I think that's the 1st time I seen one on tv but not on a WWE show!

Ha ha, that's hilarious. Checked it up there, and yes!

(fast forward to 1:10)

I'm watching the prelims to last nights UFC 209 and this Luke Sanders guy is being introduced before his fight, and the camera cuts to his support in the crowd, a woman who is probably his Mam wearing his tshart, sitting beside what looks like Irelands own Becky Lynch also wearing a Sanders shart... Ah ok, they actually waited until after introductions and did acknowledge who she is, I thought for a sec they'd ignore her...

When I started watching OSW, it was all shows I'd watched over and over in the late 80's and early 90's and now that's done with a long time, it's a different show for me because it's about wrestling I never watched but read and listened to billions of podcasts about...I think what I take from the WCW stuff is that because wrestlers used to get away with so much in terms of changing the booking on the day and creative control and mad contracts, that's kinda why noone is able to get over as much now, the brand is bigger than any wrestler, and they use Stephanie McMahon to emasculate and ruin guys when she's slapping 20 stone guys in the face...It's a lil sad to see but it's the likes of Hogan and others being hard to work with 20 years ago that's led to how todays guys aren't as famous now.

I loved the mailbag show, you kinda warned me about last years Wrestlemania just before I watched it. Having guys in their 50's beat up current talent again hurts todays guys in my mind...As for what you said about old World of Sport wrestling, I have seen some stuff that made me cringe slightly on the yoochube, but there was a channel a few years ago, The Fight Network that would randomly show individual old British wrestling matches, with no year given, and guys I don't remember or were before my time and I loved it! I liked the breaks every 5 minutes for the end of rounds, guys weren't super-jacked with huge muscles but because they were able to take a wee break and get some water, they never gassed out or had to sell outside the ring for minutes at a time to get a break and it looked more like a sport with the cornerman and his bucket and towel (maybe they helped plan the match or pass messages without the fans noticing) which I also liked. And most matches were 2 out of 3 falls which I kinda miss sometimes too. They had public warnings that were similar to a yellow card in other sports so the rules got bent from time to time but never broken to the point where they made no sense, but yep Big Daddy never put anyone over, and when I started watching WWF in 1986, I kinda saw pretty quick that Hulk Hogan was similar to Big Daddy in a lot of ways, mostly I thought all their matches were very very samey every time they wrestled.

As for the Samurai Cop 2. All I got from that was a lot of laughs and a fair warning to never ever watch that film.

I only seen the 1 man NXT Takeover Dallas review recently too, I really liked it but you missed out on Corey Graves Communion suit complete with rosette! Other than that, it was very cool.

Poor Becky Lynch though...MMA dudes, I'd imagine they're about as much craic as a punch in the face!

this was cool to read! Thanks for your thoughts dude :)

TNA Destination X 2007 - OSW Review 63

BAH GAWD WE’RE DOING IT! A TNA STORY ARC!
    Join us as we delve straight into the wall-to-wall bollocks of Russo’s TNA!
    EXTENDED EDITION: Includes TNA retrospective and some really fun segments I won’t spoil!

NDDcPH9.jpg

WATCH: Destination X 2007!

Really enjoyed the episode, watched it last night. I'd sort of forgotten how solid the TNA roster was at this point, it kinda got overshadowed in my memories by all the Russo bollocks. Really looking forward to the next episode for one match in particular :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I was never able to consistently watch TNA, as the overabundance of bollocks always made me stop watching.

Will enjoy these reviews though.

It was at its best before that. Think it was 2006 I started watching, it was whenever Joe was going through the X-Division anyway. Great stuff back then. I went back and I think I watched all the PPVs from his debut til some time in 2007 I had a couple of months with no internet and when I went back to it it had really gotten bad. Little did I know it was down to Russo.
    But yeah, from around the time of Joe's debut it was great for a while, silly booking and all.

• Advertisement

First thing I've ever seen of TNA, same as with the WCW and ECW you introduced, you lads make it enjoyable watching. :D

I'm dying to see this, I am wondering if this is before or after I started watching TNA every week. It's around that time where I stopped watching WWE for a few years (way too much Cena, Batista and Orton for me then) and only watched the TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I remember watching a few episodes of TNA shortly after Angle moved there, I would have been around 12/13 at the time. I remember viewing it as akin to one of those knockoff "200-in-1" handheld consoles. :pac:

Great job with Hall of Fame podcast, listening to the Orlando NXT podcast :D fackin awesome as always,

2 nitpicks :P

1. Think ye might need to update the BLOG section on the site to reflect the patreon posts, not much updates there compared to Patreon.

2. Was goin through the old GAME reviews (re-listened to MGS1,2,3) , did Steve (V1) ever get around to doin MGS4 ? (he said he was going to...and also in future podcasts mentioned it being amazing)

Thanks dude! Was awesome to do a couple of pods while on the road, and chat about random stuff like Rodney The Piper! Yeah I haven't updated the website's blog in a while as Wordpress is a finicky mistress (and the website goes down if someone closes a door too quickly) and Patreon is so much more straight forward. I'll make a general update when all the pods are up!

We actually did record an MGS4 review but by that time OOC was back and I started working on OSW episodes again. The other thing is that since I haven't played it, it'd be hard for me to splicey footage. Also, it was before we got new mics so it might be a bit of a timewarp. Hmm. I might get V1 to edit it. Thanks for holding a candle for it! Just finshed editing our WM33 podcast, hope you like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Finally caught up on the latest episodes in the last 2 weeks, so I decided to go back and watch some of the older shows and clicked on Royal Rumble 88.

Man it was like going back and watching a Simpsons episode from season 2 after watching the latest episode from season 28. The difference in everything is nearly dramatic. Obviously production wise (mics, graphics etc) have improved tremendously over the years but even yourself Jay and Steve (no OOC this early) are so (for lack of a better word) different. You have obviously grown in confidence in between then and now and with OOC you all seem to flow better since those earlier days.

Still, the old episodes are a hoot

Thank you dude! Ah 1988, the moon-landing era of OSW! Dodgy times losing OOC for a few episodes. I think we were still finding our feet until around the 1989 shows but I'd consider SummerSlam 1990 to be the first "modern" OSW if that makes any sense! There was a break of ~4 months beforehand and during that time I was able to improve my technique on a couple of fronts; like getting a better computer, new software, how I encode videos, different source (Anthology DVDs) but also real fundamental stuff like presenting confidently and changing my editing mindset. Thanks for watching! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thank you dude! Ah 1988, the moon-landing era of OSW! Dodgy times losing OOC for a few episodes. I think we were still finding our feet until around the 1989 shows but I'd consider SummerSlam 1990 to be the first "modern" OSW if that makes any sense! There was a break of ~4 months beforehand and during that time I was able to improve my technique on a couple of fronts; like getting a better computer, new software, how I encode videos, different source (Anthology DVDs) but also real fundamental stuff like presenting confidently and changing my editing mindset. Thanks for watching! :)

No thanks for the content. Knowing you on here, and meeting Ste-V1 years before this really helped me. 2 sound and fair enough lads critiquing something i l have a passion for, it appeals to me. If I ever come into money Ill make a donation. I might buy a shart if I have any spare cash soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I might buy a shart

New merch alert.

• Advertisement

'2 sounds and fair enough lads' Ha ha ha, I'll show this to OOC :D Cheers man, it's all a bit surreal esp. over Mania weekend meeting people who dig the show. It's awesome! Ah that's v kind but make sure you're sorted for cash first!

Advertisement