Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

OSW Orlando podcasts now up!

We went to Mania this year! And recorded reviews for all of the shows we went to, as well as our holiday hiijinks! Hall of Fame, NXT, WrestleMania 33 and RAW the night afterwards!
    We also chat about our Live Show, WrestleCon, crazy taxi man and meeting tons of awesome folks!

RUghwEe.jpg

That's us with Eric, one of our fans we randomly bumped into at Mania! (L to R, OOC, Jay, Eric, V1)

iTunes: iTunes.OSWreview.com
    Android/RSS: RSS.OSWreview.com
    Download mp3s: https://www.patreon.com/posts/8910201 (free post)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jayk, you look totally different to how I imagined you would, based on your voice!

Isn't it funny how you can conjure up this image of somebody in your head, based on voice alone, and then it turns out differently? I think Uncle Kracker had this concept in his video for the song "Follow Me".

I remember my first time hearing Lionel Ritchie on the radio back in the early 90s, and i was convinced he'd be a blonde haired, blue eyed Caucasian guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jay, dont kill me but because of your name "Jay k" I always imagined some kind of Jamiriquai looking lad with a stupid grin on his face.

Needless to say, I was right :) (i joke)

No when I met him at WM30 I was just taken aback by how wrong by head imagined him. Funny how the brain works

Ha, thanks lads. Myself and V1 get that a lot (but apparently OOC looks how most people expect). I thought that about Bryan Alvarez, took me ages to connect his voice to his body. But we don't generally take pics of ourselves unless we're asking people to come find us! So I'm guessing most people don't know what we look like. Video-recording us doing the show is something I considered but I think it's WAY more fun to watch along. Plus doing that would be mountains more work for me editing-wise. So shin-shin!

One last thing, I was driving this morning to work as usual when the band Wet Wet Wet came on with their hit "Sweet Little Mystery". Well I couldnt help but think of Hunter and Shawn when the chorus hit with the line

"It's just that sweet little mystery
    That makes me Try....TRY TRY TRY
    It makes me try sweet little mystery
    That makes me TRY... TRY TRY TRY"

Thats that song ruined.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats that song ruined.

Ha! That's my aim - ruin things for everyone! OOC was annoyed with me for ruining that word for him :pac: Like V1 did for Earthquake, I can only see dick fat now!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ha! That's my aim - ruin things for everyone! OOC was annoyed with me for ruining that word for him :pac: Like V1 did for Earthquake, I can only see dick fat now!

Like its not even in JRs or Shawns voice that I hear it, its your JR impression that goes through my mind. Damn you

Theres a lot you've ruined (or made better), but it always makes me laugh. Thanks

92 Rumble. I knew he was bad but jaysssssus.

Up until 1992 again, Summerslam in Wembley and OOC is speaking about how his Ma tried to get tickets but they "sold out" and it reminds me of a story. A few months before sky ran ads promoting a competition on a hotline number to win tickets for the event.

The question was "Who did Hulk Hogan defeat at WM7?"

I hounded my Da to ring the number, he always fobbed me off until one he "caved" and rang on his way home he says, but to my horror he got the question wrong.

He gave me some bull**** about the "question", which was "Who did Hulk Hogan defeat at WM7?" to which he answered Hacksaw Jim Duggan!!!!!!! Fcuck off Da.

He also gave me more bull**** about being only to enter once and Sky/Cablelink finding out if you tried to enter again and he could go to prison if he tried and they found out.

Needless to say 7 year old Joey was very gullible

ha ha ha! What a bollox! He never did ring, did he? :pac: That's hilarious.

• Advertisement

Have yous had a load of stuff removed from Vimeo? Trying to get episodes downloaded and nearly all the early ones seem to be gone.

Yo! That's awesome. I love hearing people hoarding OSW! Brings a smile to my face :) They're all on YouTube (well, Destination X coming ~this weekend) you could use jdownloader or keepvid, but the bulk of Vimeo videos are hidden to ensure they always stay up (and embedded on the website). There's been no hassle from WWE for a while now so I'm confident enough to make them visible for the time being :) I've started uploading the HD encodes for everyone at NoggerU, up to ECW at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hi Jay. I see you have mentioned V1 has quit his job to join you as a full-time OSWer. Not sure whether it's kosher to ask but how the hell is it going to work?

Does this mean OSW will be stepping into the realm of WhatCulture, Wrestling With Wregret and the like in producing daily/weekly content?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Does this mean OSW will be stepping into the realm of WhatCulture, Wrestling With Wregret and the like in producing daily/weekly content?

"Tune in to find out!" :p ha ha. Nah, daily/weekly content is something I intentionally steer away from - it sacrifices production values and would be the quickest way to make OSW less special. I can barely do 1 episode/month so V1 will lend a hand editing episodes and make some new content, whatever he's passionate about. This is a brand new venture, like we're in the mark for a new PC and I'll teach him how to video edit! Been poking at him since starting NoggerU to quit his job and it's been stable for months now so he's nervous and happy to take the plunge!

"Tune in to find out!" :p ha ha. Nah, daily/weekly content is something I intentionally steer away from - it sacrifices production values and would be the quickest way to make OSW less special. I can barely do 1 episode/month so V1 will lend a hand editing episodes and make some new content, whatever he's passionate about. This is a brand new venture, like we're in the mark for a new PC and I'll teach him how to video edit! Been poking at him since starting NoggerU to quit his job and it's been stable for months now so he's nervous and happy to take the plunge!

Is Ste not a doctor? I know he was training to be one years ago, I just assumed that was still a go

He hates hospitals less than I do, lol. I got out as soon as possible! Without getting into it he was kinda fed up with work and felt it was time for a change. Worth rolling the dice getting paid to do what you love! It's a massive risk he's taking, I took the same last year and I'm so glad I did. It's very strange turning your hobby into a job!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Now that it is a job are you thinking of more cross promotion, try and get the guys from whatculture, Steve and Larson etc to review you so as to pull in more potential noggers who have yet to be exposed to you. I find your shows hilarious and all the running gags pushes it over the top but just to in an educational sense it's good to watch and a review in your style is so much easier than actually watching some of those old PPVs (replace the garbage with comedy commentary).

btw iirc there was an Aloha-(arn)Dango in the fashion police tag title match that made me think of OSW over the past few days.

Now that it is a job are you thinking of more cross promotion, try and get the guys from whatculture, Steve and Larson etc to review you so as to pull in more potential noggers who have yet to be exposed to you.

No, not really! Part of what makes OSW fun for me is doing things in person, and in general that's not possible with non-Steves (:P). Plus doing cross-promotion for the sake of cross promotion seems real crummy. There's a couple of YouTubers I'm friends with so I'd consider breaking my no-Skype rule for them. But Jay! What about your skype stuff with Maffew? I chat to him regularly enough, I wanted to show that he's actually a lovely, funny bloke (I think the text on Botchamania comes off as sarcastic but without the obvious love for wrestling) and to also cover modern WWE when V1 wasn't available.

I'm also real happy with our community - they're so lovely, I'm not looking for a jump in viewers. We have our little corner of the internet :) I find the larger fanbases to not be that nice, and keeping OSW fans so lovely is something I'm extremely keen on! One thing I would like someday, is to cross 100,000 YouTube subscribers. They give you a silver plaque!

Thanks for the kind words as well. I don't think we got across just how difficult some of the old shows are to watch, ha ha! And it's awesome to see random running gags pop up in modern wrestling!!

https://twitter.com/IAmJakeBITW/status/866530793367236608
    https://twitter.com/DK1105/status/866597175958130688

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaykhunter wrote:
    One thing I would like someday, is to cross 100,000 YouTube subscribers. They give you a silver plaque!

Not insulting you but its amazing that you haven't reached that marker yet when you have one video that has over 12 Million views. Fans can't get enough of lesbian pollen attacks :p
    If you get the plaque will it end up like Radioactive Man #1 in the Simpsons?

Really happy for you Jay. While Ive met Ste years ago (wont claim to say i know him) and conversing with you, Im delighted 2 genuine nice guys are doing well in the field of wrestling. You seem happy with your life and you bring happiness and entertainment to millions. Fair play to ya

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not insulting you but its amazing that you haven't reached that marker yet when you have one video that has over 12 Million views. Fans can't get enough of lesbian pollen attacks :p
    If you get the plaque will it end up like Radioactive Man #1 in the Simpsons?

Thanks mate :D I get the feeling people think we're a lot bigger than we are! Almost nobody's heard of us. But we wiggle our way in, like a friendly tapeworm! I'm kinda surprised 60K are willing to hear chat about wrestling... 20 year old wrestling... from Irish guys... for 90+ minutes! It's like the opposite of what people on YouTube look for :pac: Esp as we make no concessions with how quick we talk or reaming off dated references! And all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco!

If we get a plaque it'll be like those Slim Jims I was sent in the mail, gone way before the lads ever catch wind of it :D
    Really happy for you Jay. While Ive met Ste years ago (wont claim to say i know him) and conversing with you, Im delighted 2 genuine nice guys are doing well in the field of wrestling. You seem happy with your life and you bring happiness and entertainment to millions. Fair play to ya

Cheers Joe! Soon I'll be Queen of Summertime! I mean thanks! And it was lovely to meet ya. OSW's success is absolutely f**ked (in the best possible way) and we'll ride the (wavy) gravy train for as long as the fans'll let us!

Thanks mate :D I get the feeling people think we're a lot bigger than we are! Almost nobody's heard of us. But we wiggle our way in, like a friendly tapeworm! I'm kinda surprised 60K are willing to hear chat about wrestling... 20 year old wrestling... from Irish guys... for 90+ minutes! It's like the opposite of what people on YouTube look for :pac: Esp as we make no concessions with how quick we talk or reaming off dated references! And all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco!

If we get a plaque it'll be like those Slim Jims I was sent in the mail, gone way before the lads ever catch wind of it :D

Cheers Joe! Soon I'll be Queen of Summertime! I mean thanks! And it was lovely to meet ya. OSW's success is absolutely f**ked (in the best possible way) and we'll ride the (wavy) gravy train for as long as the fans'll let us!

Soon you'll be riding the Sproose Moose surely!

And theres no way you remember me ya chancer :)

Yo! That's awesome. I love hearing people hoarding OSW! Brings a smile to my face :) They're all on YouTube (well, Destination X coming ~this weekend) you could use jdownloader or keepvid, but the bulk of Vimeo videos are hidden to ensure they always stay up (and embedded on the website). There's been no hassle from WWE for a while now so I'm confident enough to make them visible for the time being :) I've started uploading the HD encodes for everyone at NoggerU, up to ECW at the moment!
    Yeah I've been following for a few years now but I was looking to download to watch on the TV screen rather than laptop. I know it's a pain in the arse for yous because it's a pain in the arse for me trying to get them all from the one place when they keep getting taken down. :P

Soon you'll be riding the Sproose Moose surely! And theres no way you remember me ya chancer :)

Dude you sat beside me for like all of Mania! You just had a newborn so I was surprised you got the night off :)
    Yeah I've been following for a few years now but I was looking to download to watch on the TV screen rather than laptop

I'm confident enough in making them public again so they should all be available on Vimeo now! BUUUUUUUT this might be of use to you:

EVERY OSW EP ON YOUTUBE (PLAYLIST)!

Sometimes they may go unlisted but they should always be online!

Dude you sat beside me for like all of Mania! You just had a newborn so I was surprised you got the night off :)

I'm confident enough in making them public again so they should all be available on Vimeo now! BUUUUUUUT this might be of use to you:

EVERY OSW EP ON YOUTUBE (PLAYLIST)!

Sometimes they may go unlisted but they should always be online!
    I'm really just being awkward but it's not a complaint at yous. :P Trying to watch stuff on the PS3 youtube app is a pain whether it's in playlists or not searchable. I think they're all available at the moment so it'll be my best option. Just a pain using that bloody app. :P

"so how fast can you download from Vimeo?"
    "six"
    "six what?"
    "six."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

"so how fast can you download from Vimeo?"
    "six"
    "six what?"
    "six."
    I've 'till five, ref.

Obviously it's a good while away but lads the next story has to be The Killer Bees. Watching Royal Rumble 88 and I think I've noticed a pun that yous missed out on. :pac:

It must have been someone pretending to be me. I havent been to the Wooler since my wee one was born.

The last one I was at was Mania 30, me and my mate Marty and Paul had a pre booked table. I remember seeing you and Steve siting in the corner and said a brief hello but thats it.

I first met you at the Rumble 14, was at the boards table with you but being the shy guy I didnt talk much to you or OOC

• Advertisement

Obviously it's a good while away but lads the next story has to be The Killer Bees. Watching Royal Rumble 88 and I think I've noticed a pun that yous missed out on. :pac:

I'm all ears! Or antennae :)
    I remember seeing you and Steve siting in the corner and said a brief hello but thats it. I first met you at the Rumble 14, was at the boards table with you but being the shy guy I didnt talk much to you or OOC

Aha! Fairly certain I'm mis-remembering Rumble 14 then! Boards table! V1 wasn't there I take it? I remember you telling me about him. And it's always awesome to talk to people esp fans of the show so you shouldn't be shy saying hello! We're way too awkward and shy to say hello so someone's gotta make the move! What an Irish problem, lol :P

Advertisement