Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Apart from the Sunny episode, which I felt was too much like kicking someone when they are down, its been episode after episode of comedy gold and fair criticism.

Hats off how they keep it going to such a high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah thank you so much lads! Ya 10 YEARS of OSW today!!

ZCK1MII.jpg
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    JayHunter asks on social media when/how did you start watching OSW Review. Sure all us here in the boards.ie parish are day one Noggers. TBH they’ve gone to the dogs since they sold out to the Yanks and the Brits. I much prefer their early stuff :) #neo4eva Some achieve Jay. Can of Coke to you and the boys. Can’t even count the amount of hours joy the show has given me over the decade. Genuinely my favourite thing on the net.

Ah much appreciated mate! Sometimes i think half of the success is just still being around :D Love reviewing old stuff that doesn't matter, lol. Remind people that wrestling is quite silly and a bit of craic :)
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Too many great moments to mention...but I'll mention a few! Kane's frizz-o-meter. Kane bump: "I fùckin' will not, I'll take it on me knees! Mrs V1: "Turn it off and don't fùcking touch me." Doink brah, you're making kids cry brah (This pops into my head from time to time and always makes me laugh) The rules Jay, the rooooles! The Lockdown review. Calling people knackers. Jockswatch. And many more. Thanks for all the laughs, lads!

Ha cheers dude. Mrs V1 is very happy with her gigantic platinum golden nogger award! Jockswatch is a fun new addition, it's something we always note while watching anyway :) and appreciated Beakerjoe wow how long have u been watching!

The ones that constantly pop into my head are "Sloide her in!" and "Dees-il. That which makes a mac truck go.". Can't hear the word "slide" or fill the car up without saying them out loud.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah thank you so much lads! Ya 10 YEARS of OSW today!!

ZCK1MII.jpg

Ah much appreciated mate! Sometimes i think half of the success is just still being around :D Love reviewing old stuff that doesn't matter, lol. Remind people that wrestling is quite silly and a bit of craic :)

Ha cheers dude. Mrs V1 is very happy with her gigantic platinum golden nogger award! Jockswatch is a fun new addition, it's something we always note while watching anyway :) and appreciated Beakerjoe wow how long have u been watching!

Im a habitual viewer who has been around since 2014 I believe.

Its easy to relate to, its light and easily digestable. Its honest, non pandering and most of all its funny.

And plenty of pop culture references. Needs more Partridge

OSW 99 AEW Revolution 2021

WELL HELLOOOOOOO! For the first time EVER, OSW goes ALL ELITE! Your favourite Irish boys Jay, V1 and OOC tackle the (in)famous Mox/Omega bout from March 7, 2021. IT'S A REVOLUTION, BAYBAY!

Took us about 2 months to complete, with custom animation, music, artwork and such, hope it shows! Enjoy

• Advertisement

Unrelated but did any of you get Alan Partridge tickets?

He put on a second date in Dublin: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/alan-partridge-tickets/artist/5351323

if ya haven't seen it, I reviewed S1 of his new TV show too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Your videos are great.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Your videos are great.

cheers man, a winner is you! DYK it was the positive feedback here on boards about the retrospectives that made me try include em in future episodes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Good Lord, I had no idea he was coming to Dublin until I read this. I will for sure jump on that in the morning if tickets are still a thing.
    It's super-surreal planning to go to anything!
    I was actually genuinely watching last Fridays This Time (they're on youtube until the BBC finds out), right at the bit where he's flying in a Spitfire when I saw this.

I'm gonna be as crushed as V1 was when Motorhead didn't play It's all about the game in the RDS in 2002 if we don't get a few bars of The Men Behind The Wire!

This is great news, cheers Jay ya fookin' animal!

Unrelated but did any of you get Alan Partridge tickets?

He put on a second date in Dublin: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/alan-partridge-tickets/artist/5351323

if ya haven't seen it, I reviewed S1 of his new TV show too!

Yes. I have no idea what to expect, no idea of the format but I suspect it will be in a guise of a mock self help seminar.

The misses got me tickets and she's coming despite her only Alan knowledge is through my occasional quote that goes over her head. Heading to the Sunday gig.

Gonna check out the review. Ive 3 episodes of his latest show to watch too. SpiceWorld.

• Advertisement

Good Lord, I had no idea he was coming to Dublin until I read this. I will for sure jump on that in the morning if tickets are still a thing. It's super-surreal planning to go to anything! I was actually genuinely watching last Fridays This Time (they're on youtube until the BBC finds out), right at the bit where he's flying in a Spitfire when I saw this.

You're v welcome mate! I don't know how great it'll be but absolutely not missing it!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yes. I have no idea what to expect, no idea of the format but I suspect it will be in a guise of a mock self help seminar. The misses got me tickets and she's coming despite her only Alan knowledge is through my occasional quote that goes over her head. Heading to the Sunday gig. Gonna check out the review. Ive 3 episodes of his latest show to watch too. SpiceWorld.

Cheers mate! Never seen him live, shocked to actually get the chance. Ya live self-help seminar/powerpoint presentation sounds about right. Maybe something like this?

You're v welcome mate! I don't know how great it'll be but absolutely not missing it!

Cheers mate! Never seen him live, shocked to actually get the chance. Ya live self-help seminar/powerpoint presentation sounds about right. Maybe something like this?

Just finished your 30 min review, Ive only ever watch season 1 of This Time once, really need to go back.... lots, LOTS of little things Ive missed, must go back and rewatch. I enjoyed Season 1 and Season 2 is just as good (3 episodes in).

I remember reading that he had a small bet with a mate taht he could get a RA song on the BBC, which I find brilliant.

I got clued into Alan in 2009/10 and have been hooked ever since. Im Alan Partridge is still my fav which I revisit regularly. But yeah, I enjoyed Alpha Papa (Fat Barrel), the radio shows and his first audio book immensely. Must check out NOMAD.

Roll on April. Liquid Football

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Hi lads, a mate put me onto this podcast last week, currently listening to survivor series 1988, great stuff altogether. Was a huge wrestling fan as a kid then took a leave of absence due to being too upset over the break up of the rockers, came back again late 90's due to love of my olympic hero, looking forward to listening to this all the way through. Great show lads.

eldamo wrote: »
    Hi lads, a mate put me onto this podcast last week, currently listening to survivor series 1988, great stuff altogether. Was a huge wrestling fan as a kid then took a leave of absence due to being too upset over the break up of the rockers, came back again late 90's due to love of my olympic hero, looking forward to listening to this all the way through. Great show lads.

That Olympic Hero was Mark Henry right, gotta love that Mar Young angle....:pac:

Cheers eldamo you're v kind! btw Series 88 - that period where OOC is gone for a few eps and it's just me and V1, is probably the worst of the series! But Rumble 89 I bought a new mic (and we upgraded again after the X7 arc). The show is quite a bit different like 8 years later!

that is awesome leaving wrestling due to the rockers breaking up! I never got over Marty showing his cowardice trying to escape through the window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Cheers eldamo you're v kind! btw Series 88 - that period where OOC is gone for a few eps and it's just me and V1, is probably the worst of the series! But Rumble 89 I bought a new mic (and we upgraded again after the X7 arc). The show is quite a bit different like 8 years later!

that is awesome leaving wrestling due to the rockers breaking up! I never got over Marty showing his cowardice trying to escape through the window
    despite loving heels later in life, I never actually forgave HBK.

Or the two guys who tried to make me sing "Sexy Boy" for a cigarette at 3 am at a house party.

Or myself, for singing it.

I'm not mental, that's the song Martin Brennan played in Dublin.

Anyway, it's time, it's time, it's quarter past 10.

Mike Knox spotted boozing in 2 pubs in Laytown County Meath last weekend!

Advertisement