Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! XBOX KEEPS GOIN TO MODERATE.

• 13-05-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi me and my mate both have an xbox360, if i turn mine on and play for a few days my nat type stays open but as soon as my mate turns on his xbox, the 2 of our xboxs go to moderate, its really annoying. we have 20meg upc internet...
    Any tips on how to change this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Find a new mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi me and my mate both have an xbox360, if i turn mine on and play for a few days my nat type stays open but as soon as my mate turns on his xbox, the 2 of our xboxs go to moderate, its really annoying. we have 20meg upc internet...
    Any tips on how to change this?

Sounds like you need to either open the correct ports in your router (see the top of the forum, STICKY about open NAT) or you need to refresh your router just before your friend and you both turn on your xboxes. Pull out the power cord for 30 seconds and it'll discharge all the power and when you plug it back in the firmware will reboot afresh.

My bet is that you'll need to assign both consoles static IP addresses and open the specific ports in your router to allow them both to have open NAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Most Routers only allow for ports to be forwarded on 1 console/device . I think you need to have a UPnP supported router to get around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 UR MAN SHEEDY

cheers ppl. not sure on how to open ports and that kinda stuff.

Advertisement