Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english and history year two

Options
  • 13-05-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone recently finished english and history year 2? If so, can you give me any tips on the books I may need to buy or check out for the module, so i can get a start on it for the summer Any info welcome, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Anbo

You could enjoy your summer instead?

But you could try looking at the course structure on the UL page, it might give a few ideas of what books are relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

I'm doing New Media and English, same English modules I think. The main English module was Critical Practice 2: Restoration Literature. Mainly based on the Norton Anthology of Lit. Did you do Critical Practice 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

You don't need to buy many books. All the Norton Anthology stuff can be read free online (it's all poems and novellas IIRC). Those books are insanely expensive anyway.

I did American Literature and the Romanticism module. You might need to buy Sense and Sensibility to read but it's very cheap. Huckleberry Finn for American Literature (that can be read online).

History-wise there's a wealth of stuff in the library. For history you'll mainly be using the 'New History of Ireland' books for the Irish stuff. For the Enligthenment all the stuff can be got free in the library. Save your money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You can get the module outlines here for each module http://outside.ul.ie/BookofModules/Default.aspx

It has the reading on it.

Advertisement