Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New subwoofer settings

• 13-05-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just took advantage of the richer sounds deal that is on offer for the Vector VW 8 powered subwoofer. So as soon as I got it I connected it to my Onkyo TX-SR308 and I have to say I'm less than blown away. I have to turn the volume up to full on the sub to really notice anything at all. I have gone into the amp settings and even up the db level on the sub there just to try and get a bit of noise out of it. So basically I'm wondering am I just expecting to much or is there settings on the sub I should be looking at. I don't know what the phase setting and stuff does on the sub so just left it off in accordance with the recommended settings on the instructions. Surely I shouldn't need to have the sub up full way to get any effect. Can anyone give any suggestions or point out anything I might be missing?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Have you set up the crossover setting correctly in your AV receiver settings?

It should be set to crossover at 80Hz (or higher if your speakers are small) and also set your speakers to small.

I would recommend a full reset and redo your Audyessy.

Here is a link that explains nicely what is involved in setting up a sub correctly. LINKY

Advertisement