Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safest payment method

Options
  • 13-05-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

I am in the middle of booking my summer holidays and I have found an apt in the canaries I want to book.
    She said "We accept payment in euros or pounds through bank transfer or cheque"
    How safe are these seeing as her account is in Spain? Im just worried of landing there with no where to stay:rolleyes: especially as 3 friends are putting money in this too!

Thanks in advance

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

what exactly is the query?

If you pay by Euros into her bank - the account will accept the payment. If you send a bank draft in GBP, then if she receives it, she can cash it.

if you are worried if there is no appartment or double booked etc, then there is really no way to protect yourself if booking privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

bank transfer will get there fastest or else post them a bank draft either way you have a paper trail of the deal.

Advertisement