Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ardkeen Petrol closed

• 13-05-2011 3:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see that the Tesco petrol station was closed today due to "unexpected maintenance" I think the notice said. There were a group of people in those fluorescent jackets with clipboards walking around the main pump (where they put the oil in for the pumps). Cant recall what date it said it was reopening. Petrol prices were dirt cheap though 0.00 :p

Wonder was it the NSAI, who were out in Tramore checking another petrol station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Sully wrote: »
    I see that the Tesco petrol station was closed today due to "unexpected maintenance" I think the notice said. There were a group of people in those fluorescent jackets with clipboards walking around the main pump (where they put the oil in for the pumps). Cant recall what date it said it was reopening. Petrol prices were dirt cheap though 0.00 :p

Wonder was it the NSAI, who were out in Tramore checking another petrol station.

Thanks for the heads up..which Tesco is it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, Tesco Ardkeen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Closed til the 19th according to notices in store. Huge loss of revenue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I used to work in Homebase. In event of a fire (in a shop full of chemical stuff that can go up in flames in minutes), our evacuation procedure was to leave ASAP after getting customers out and gather next to the petrol station for a headcount.

In the event of a fire in the hardware store of chemicals, go to the petrol station 100ft away.

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

^^ makes sense? its homebase not a fireworks factory. unless one of ye was sneakin a bitta the fire out with ye? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Yno those 5 or 6 aisles of paint and spirits? That would go up in a second. Paint cans fall onto the floor and spill, then whatever is dripping out onto the floor goes on fire. This happens in about 6 or 7 different aisles like a chain reaction then. Then Next and so on. We were always told, and I'm not paraphrasing, "Stay the **** away from the paint aisle if this places goes on fire".

Miss that place sometimes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I was there on Wednesday and one of the pumps was blocked off, the reason been a big chunk of plastic had broken off the pump, ive no idea how though.
    Sorry to be off topic, is there a petrol station at Tesco Ballybeg? i havent been out that way for ages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pump broken a while now ya.

Tesco Ballybeg, yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Sully wrote: »
    Pump broken a while now ya.

Tesco Ballybeg, yup.

Thanks Sully

Advertisement