Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing internal / stud walls to skim finish

Options
  • 13-05-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Having spent several hours on here reading various posts last night I have made a total balls of pricing the construction of internal walls on a fit out I am "helping" someone with. Only consolation is he knows less than I do. I have gotten a number of quotes for the total job including M&E, plumbing etc, but not able to get any useful breakdown.

Can't afford contract route so need to go direct. Managed to work out materials and labour for stud and slabbing but not plastering.

Questions are (1) how much to skim finish 50m of 3m high walls (and the critical bit I forgot here initially is both sides), totalling 50 long x 3 high x 2 sides = 300 sq m? (2) How much to put MF ceiling over total area of 106 sq m? Layout is six regularly shaped rooms and an L-shaped hallway.

Any suggestions as to how long it would take to construct said walls would also be helpful.

Not looking for cowboy rates, just honest rates for reasonable job. Because premises is leased the bank want to know exactly how money is being spent in case things go tits up and they have no claim on anything.

Any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

I would allow € 1200 for the skimming and 600 for the mf ceiling labour only.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

Thanks for that. The chippy who helped with the pricing of the stud scared the sh1te out of me.

Sorry to push it but with a free run roughly how many days would it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Studding should be done easily in one day.
    Slab one side in a day.
    Leave partition open for electric/plumbing/insulation
    Mf ceiling - one day
    Ceilings boarded in 4-5 hours
    Close partitions in a day
    Skimming 2 days maybe 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murmer

Sorry to bring up an old thread but would you mind sharing the final cost of this build? Thanks!

Advertisement