Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Wooden Shed

• 13-05-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Does anyone know the best way of moving a wooden shed (8' x 6') from one area of the garden to another. I am using it as a dog house and I am moving the dog kennels to a more suitable location in the garden and so need to move the shed.
    Is it possible to dismantle the shed and move it or will I need to get a large loader or something in to move it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There is no problem dismanleing it, except for the roof that might be tricky

I know the 4 walls are 4 separate panels and the roof is constructed in pieces. Your only chance is to unscrew the 4 wall panels and hope you can lift the roof in one piece, otherwise dismantle the roof lats also and refelt it when you reconstruct it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭horse7

could you jack it up,take any blocks away and leave some rollers under it.then with some help push the shed with rollers in place to the new area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Moved a similar sized one recently. We emptied (obviously) the shed and then ran two long fence rails under the length of it.

Then with a man on each corner lifted it to its new position.

Bend your knees, mind your back, and if the planks are long enough you can put two on each corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Devrobia

Yep prospect, that's the way I moved mine...It's heavy but with enough manpower it is the easiest and quickest way to move it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Had to move a shed last year, got some round fence posts and moved it Egyptian style, wasn't too much work with 3 of us doing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement