Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward

• 13-05-2011 4:43pm

Just to counteract all the nastiness about them!

I'm delighted for them that they're in the final of the eurovision. I'm delighted that we actually have a chance of winning. I love their lipstick song!

I'm not a "fan" of them. But still, they're nice lads, who are having the time of their lives making teenboppers happy. What can possibly wrong with that?

Go Jedward

:pac:

Comments

they are the bestest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

<snip>

Thats slightly going against the grain in this particular thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• The Dunne, read the charter before posting again.
    • Everyone else: Please don't quote obvious breaches of the charter, report the post and leave it at that.

Now let's get back on topic - how awesome jedward are!
    99d1e773-7970-41c7-a1d1-12f5d01b018f.jpg

<3 Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I think they're great fun to watch, and did us proud in the Eurovision. They also have the right attitude to things.

In the Irish Times a journalist asks them if they feel they were victims of block voting, one of them said "we're Jedward, not victims" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭kevin99

Thank God they didn't win. We'd never have heard the end of it. I understand they are 19 not 9 years of age, yet they put on this real girly voice. Uggggh

kevin99 wrote: »
    Thank God they didn't win. We'd never have heard the end of it. I understand they are 19 not 9 years of age, yet they put on this real girly voice. Uggggh

kevin99, have a read of the charter before posting again please.
    Anymore negativity around Jedward, our saviors, will be met with wrath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm a huge fan of rock music, heavy metal, etc.

I don't abide by modern 'disposable' pop music.

But I cannot understand the hatred, vitriol and just sheer horrible-ness that is aimed at these two kids (cos, 19 or not, they are just kids!). They are two kids, having fun, making a few quid while they can. They've found their niche and they're milking it for every single thing it is worth.

While I wouldn't like to be locked in a small room with them for a long period of time, I personally do like that song 'Lipstick'. It's catchy, it's infectious and it's stuck in my head. Plus, I think that (despite their childish antics) they're a lot better than most 19 year olds, who are usually a shower of pr*cks.

Kudos for John and Edward. Haters should learn to shuddfukup and leave these two kids alone.

My only regret is that their parents didn't call them Peter and Rick...;):p (sorry, I just had to get that one in there!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I just love them! They totally make me smile... my four year old goes around sing "I've got my lipstick on, in the right colour, colour dum di dum, dum di dum dum dum" it's priceless.

I said I think they will take over the world, and I reckon I'm right!

Roll on PlanetJedward:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

While I don't like their..ahem ...music, I think they have to be admired for their attitude.

They get up and do what they want, do what makes them happy and enjoy everything they do.

They have a remarkable ability to ignore all of the negativity that people throw at them. I know I wouldn't be able to handle the abuse that they have taken.

Having the attitude to go and do what you want despite disapproval and abuse from others is something to be admired.

I don't see why people hate 2 kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

They did us proud at Eurovision :)

Go Jedward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 citi

Spam

Spam

More spam

Yet more spam

Spam

citi, read the charter before you post again. Spamming is not allowed on boards.ie
    If you had read the charter and pm'ed me, I probably would have allowed you make one post promoting the event due to my love of Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Jedward are sweet and could be mega if handled properly. We should protect our boys from the bad bad world. Do ye remember the original look of Gilbert O'Sullivan, and then when he updated his look and we discovered the silly-little-boy-look had evolved into a good looker, well if the singing career ever crashes for Jedward, they could take off in big way as models.....take a look at what I came across recently...

http://missliliphoto.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/jedward/

Ah how could you not love 'em?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Jedward are sweet and could be mega if handled properly. We should protect our boys from the bad bad world. Do ye remember the original look of Gilbert O'Sullivan, and then when he updated his look and we discovered the silly-little-boy-look had evolved into a good looker, well if the singing career ever crashes for Jedward, they could take off in big way as models.....take a look at what I came across recently...

http://missliliphoto.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/jedward/

Ah how could you not love 'em?

Gorgeous, such good looking boys, LOVE EM:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

They're okay, don't take themselves too seriously from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

I personally can't stand then BUT
    what I'm posting about is that I could stop laughing today when my 7 year old niece told me she was going to marry Edward from Jedward.
    And her reason for marrying Edward and not John was because Edward was 10 minutes younger.
    She also said that she didn't mind that he wore lipstick because he was famous.
    I worry about her sometimes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I personally can't stand then BUT
    what I'm posting about is that I could stop laughing today when my 7 year old niece told me she was going to marry Edward from Jedward.
    And her reason for marrying Edward and not John was because Edward was 10 minutes younger.
    She also said that she didn't mind that he wore lipstick because he was famous.
    I worry about her sometimes :pac:

How cute is that!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 goodsquisheee

they're such good clean cheesy pop fun!plus...the cheekbones!adorable!

Advertisement